Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

PSA: when people bring up the fact that “she’s 35 years old” it’s not to say that 35 is an “old” age (just saying because there have been countless times where people interpret that argument as ageist), but rather, there is a natural evolution that we’ve been socialized to undergo as we approach our thirties.

I see what both sides are saying - but I personally think that the music is going to continue to get deeper and more vulnerable, and that may be reflected in the production. It’s not inherently “better” than her previous records but it’s more mature (I’m using that term objectively) and representative of who Lana is at this moment in time. 

I’m always here for wherever Lana takes us and that seems to be the majority, which is amazing.  I get the qualms about comparing an album she wrote when she was 25 compared to an album she wrote at 35, but there is naturally going to be a shift there. It would be weird if there wasn’t.

yeah. it's like new wine vs a vintage bottle. they're going to be different and people are going to have their preference but neither is inherently better.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Just now, Mike Dean is a god said:

yeah. it's like new wine vs a vintage bottle. they're going to be different and people are going to have their preference but neither is inherently better.

Yes. And I also avoid comparing her records because I know they truly are manifestations of her soul. Comparing them kind of defeats the whole purpose. You can have a favourite of course, but to say that one is “better” than the other in a way that puts down a body of work is really going against Lana’s whole essence as an artist. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Yes. And I also avoid comparing her records because I know they truly are manifestations of her soul. Comparing them kind of defeats the whole purpose. You can have a favourite of course, but to say that one is “better” than the other in a way that puts down a body of work is really going against Lana’s whole essence as an artist. 

I see lana records as chapters in a novel. There are some that are my favorite parts, but the other chapters set up and develop those stellar moments. You can't have the whole great book without the slower parts that are important in the later payoff.

Like I'm not crazy about NFR but it is now clearly a plot point that had to be hit for us to end up here at BB which might just be my favorite chapter, and WW my favorite scene.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

43 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

TIME TO BE DELULU

if the preorder is coming in the next few weeks maybe she’s dropping RCS with the video and preorder June 1st

Lol June 1 is almost around the corner, I don’t it’s coming this close (I don’t believe July 4 is still the release date).

Just now, Mike Dean is a god said:

I see lana records as chapters in a novel. There are some that are my favorite parts, but the other chapters set up and develop those stellar moments. You can't have the whole great book without the slower parts that are important in the later payoff.

Like I'm not crazy about NFR but it is now clearly a plot point that had to be hit for us to end up here at BB which might just be my favorite chapter, and WW my favorite scene.

Yes, exactly - her life story is wrapped up in all of those records, so all of them serve a purpose, ultimately!

I don't know quite what it is, but i feel like there's a distinct vibe to these songs which feels striking in a way i'm not sure her release have been for me since LFL singles - not that i haven't loved her music since then at all, it's just a feeling which is hard to express.. perhaps the vulnerability and breeziness of the tracks? but yeah they just feel really deeply emotional to me atm lol

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

2 hrs ago i was unstanning n now WW is on repeat:bebe:

Omg! I knew it! Welcome back :cryney2:  now change your pfp back to Mike

even though the tracks we got yesterday didn't change my world and yes i was a bit disappointed because we didn't get something majestic i still love her so much that i'd probably just listen to her sneeze :flop:

regardless i think the tracks, especially lyrics are beautiful and i love how she stays true to herself and her art. she becomes even more vulnerable with her lyrics, and hell who would've known it would be even possible???

she truly is a poet at heart and even though i now think that i would love some different kinds of sounds, i'm sure that listening to her newer stuff will open even more doors. maybe i'm not madly in love with the tracks right now but that doesn't mean i'll never be. who knows maybe those and some new artists' songs that i will find because they sound similar to her new stuff will be my favourite songs in the next couple of years 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I'm so obsessed with these tracks wtf did she do did she lace them with weed what's going on :tommy:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i know we're getting off-topic at this point, but while i agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't expect "the old lana" back after almost a decade since her debut album, i really dislike the narrative that all she sang about was sugar daddies, depression, and cocaine, her music from that era was a lot more melodramatic in a way and it did talk about troubled love, sadness, and drugs, but she wasn't just a depressed sad girl doing drugs with older men and nothing else, i'll never understand why people view her music that way :whatever2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i know we're getting off-topic at this point, but while i agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't expect "the old lana" back after almost a decade since her debut album, i really dislike the narrative that all she sang about was sugar daddies, depression, and cocaine, her music from that era was a lot more melodramatic in a way and it did talk about troubled love, sadness, and drugs, but she wasn't just a depressed sad girl doing drugs with older men and nothing else, i'll never understand why people view her music that way :whatever2:

exactly, those fans are no better than the critics who criticized her that era :bye:

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i agree with you but i do want to clarify that when i mentioned those themes in her early music it's because she sang and wrote about those things because they were relevant in her life at that moment. born to die slaps and it makes my soul orgasm but what i'm just trying to say is that certain sounds and styles lana had went with the themes of her music, it would be disingenuous for her to force something like that when she just doesn't feel it anymore! 

faSE.gif

10 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

wait what is this

Some obvious fake ass tracklist made by someone on twitter idk, Eclipse has to clear this up on ig story

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing