Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

23 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I would collapse if the final track of the album is called "Question for the Culture" lowkey manifesting :oic2: I honestly have complete faith that she could pull it off.

Yes! She writes her songs much better than letters on Instagram :oic2:

7 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

SEND HALP THESE SONGS ARE NOT GETTING OLD AND IM CRY ALL THE TIME :paris:

3 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Seriously aging like a fine wine 

theyve been out for 29 hours are you guys on crack

image.png

Remember when Lana said in the lead-up to LFL that it was for us, her fans? Something to that effect anyway. Anyway, in my opinion, that *was* her throwback to Born To Die-esque sounds (more explicitly trip-hop and electronic, despite its latter half), that was her attempted fan service, and whilst the songs individually were great, it was her least cohesive album, and the fans reacted accordingly. She’s not going back, and I’m so happy for her to still be growing ten years into her career.

Anyway, Text Book is on repeat, it’s stunning, have been writing lots of poetry to it. Lyrically WW is incredible, but it’s actually my least favourite of the three - it just isn’t as dynamic as the other two songs. BB is legitimately risky, changing tempo without percussion. I love her leaning into these more disruptive compositions, I want her to keep pushing it towards something eventually unrecognisable.

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I ain’t gonna judge u for pretending u have diarrhea for a Lana release amd u won’t judge me for my crack use :ma:

But do we judge the user who lost his job because of the release :ma:

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

theyve been out for 29 hours are you guys on crack

yeah the crack she put in these songs because I can't stop listening 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

But do we judge the user who lost his job because of the release :ma:

Oop...I hope they at least like the songs :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

53 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i need a song that will talk about her being submissive/"traditional" in her relationships, her idea of being a woman in a relationship, etc. which we thought lmlylaw would be about :tommy: 

I think that WW already have a very submissive undertone. But I know what you trying to say

I still can’t get over how exciting this new era is already. The three songs are excellent. 
Chemtrails was nice but it kinda of just felt like a subdued extension of NFR. Lyrically I also found it to be Lana’s weakest work to date. 

Also one thing I love about this new era is the lack of promotion/interviews so far. She’s just letting the music and lyrics speak for themselves and that’s so much better. That way there can’t be any more controversies. I actually started loving Lana for that mysterious/removed from the lights attitude and I like that she’s going back to that.

I wonder if another one of the main criticisms she’ll address is the whole trailer park/rich father thing?? I feel like she’s already addressed it a few times but it keeps coming up. Maybe she’ll make one final acknowledgment to shut people up lmfao

UbsOye5.png

I feel like out of the three songs we got yesterday, WW was a real taste of what the rest of the album will delve into lyrically. The "here's the deal cause I know you wanna talk about it" part is so interesting, especially in coloration with the second verse and what people have been constantly saying about her romanticizing unhealthy relationships. There's definitely a lot more where WW came from, and I'm look forward to hearing it. 

imageproxy.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I wonder if another one of the main criticisms she’ll address is the whole trailer park/rich father thing?? I feel like she’s already addressed it a few times but it keeps coming up. Maybe she’ll make one final acknowledgment to shut people up lmfao

They think that im rich and i am but not how they think :nails:

5 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Why are Lana’s Genius annotations so dumb? I feel embarrassed reading them oml 

yeah I wish I could unread and I feel bad for the new stans reading that and thinking they're getting info

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

27 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

judge everybody equally

except for me because I got a job right before the release and was back home in time to listen with noise canceling headphones :legend:

Spoiler

btw im totally joking :heart:luv yall

22 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

Remember when Lana said in the lead-up to LFL that it was for us, her fans? Something to that effect anyway. Anyway, in my opinion, that *was* her throwback to Born To Die-esque sounds (more explicitly trip-hop and electronic, despite its latter half), that was her attempted fan service, and whilst the songs individually were great, it was her least cohesive album, and the fans reacted accordingly. She’s not going back, and I’m so happy for her to still be growing ten years into her career.

I seriously really enjoyed reading this!! Honestly, I hadn’t considered that the production was part of her almost gifting the record to her fans, but it totally makes sense if that’s the case. I think that really ties in some of the more people-oriented themes and lyrics, and Love is a perfect example of this. 

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if she returned to something with a noticeable influence of trip-hop or hip-hop. She seems to reflect the music and art she actively consumes when crafting a record, and she definitely has shown an affinity for the genres even recently. 

My only hesitation with my statement is that it’s incredibly difficult to imagine her current works fitting into something like hip-hop, but then again, she’s shown that she’s incredibly versatile, but it is a bit odd to think as of right now. We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath