Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

Mike said they would continue working together after this record, and after getting all of this off her chest it makes sense Lana would probably want to have a little fun to lift her spirits... this is either going to be very freeing for her or constricting if people continue to blatantly misinterpret her words idk... I wouldn’t completely rule out pop, hip hop, or rnb album in the future tho

I think people will sadly misinterpret her words and intentions forever so I hope she's at a place where she can roll her eyes and move on. These first tracks are so vulnerable and revealing and I expect the whole album will be so let's hope it's a really cathartic and empowering experience for her. 

The way that some people actually believed in these song titles ?FpWSFFA.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

TIME TO BE DELULU

if the preorder is coming in the next few weeks maybe she’s dropping RCS with the video and preorder June 1st

"Don’t forget me"

11 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Mike said they would continue working together after this record, and after getting all of this off her chest it makes sense Lana would probably want to have a little fun to lift her spirits... this (bb) is either going to be very freeing for her or constricting if people continue to blatantly misinterpret her words idk... I wouldn’t completely rule out pop, hip hop, or rnb album in the future tho

Also I don’t want to start drama but can we not do the “since she’s 35 now...” thing..... asking as a 22 year old woman. We shouldn’t have to have this convo every pre release lmfao 

I think you're really reaching here with the age thing, coming from a 29 year old. But lana's older music talks about things she did in her teens and early twenties. It would be weird for anyone approaching 40 to be singing about sugar daddies and cocaine still. Her music evolves with her maturity and the current events, that's just what she wants to do with her art and i think more people should be supportive of the direction she wants to go in because it makes HER happy. Anyone is welcome to their opinion but if you're still a stan you should support her happiness, and not only like her when she makes something that can chart. 

faSE.gif

34 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

some of you guys just need to accept the fact that you may never be getting another album like btd. it'd be very odd for her to do something hip-hop or a song that isn't a ballad during this time due to everything going on around her. 

Ppl are so tasteless to expect fking BTD pls its 2021 :stareney2: I want good music not radio bop.

Mmeow~

Lana's made it very clear for a long time that she's telling her life's story through her art, so let's accept that and embark on the journey that she's taking us on. If the music isn't for you anymore that's fine, but people need to stop minimizing her work because it's not what they want. Personal tastes don't indicate the quality or artistic value of what Lana's doing now. 

25 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

probably cause that’s who most of us fell in love with ? i don’t see what’s so hard to grasp here. honeymoon is barely 6 years old, lfl 3 and a half... some of you constantly act as if wanting another record in that direction was the craziest thing to expect/ask for as if she hadn’t had that sound in 30 years. hip-hop/pop sound ≠ born to die. i literally haven’t seen anyone asking her to make another born to die or to copy one of her old albums. wanting hip-hop/experimental influences doesn’t mean we want btd 2.0 :eyeroll2:

Tea bestie. People on here are lacking serious reading comprehension and jump through hoops just to further push the false narrative that we want suicidal Miss Gangsta Nancy Sinatra back because we want more strings and bigger beats. I give up on arguing with them though, obviously they're the more SuPeRior stans for favouring Lana's stripped down sound

:xgiggle:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just a note, I'm moving some of the discussion regarding the BLM lyric, thoughts about Lana & Patty's relationship, and Sean's car that were posted in this thread to the proper Lyric threads as it's sort of derailing general discussion about Blue Banisters, so please feel free to continue discussing the lyrics in those lyric threads! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

16 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I think you're really reaching here with the age thing, coming from a 29 year old. But lana's older music talks about things she did in her teens and early twenties. It would be weird for anyone approaching 40 to be singing about sugar daddies and cocaine still. Her music evolves with her maturity and the current events, that's just what she wants to do with her art and i think more people should be supportive of the direction she wants to go in because it makes HER happy. Anyone is welcome to their opinion but if you're still a stan you should support her happiness, and not only like her when she makes something that can chart

Nobody's asking her to sing about that stuff. When people ask for another album like BTD they just want something more lively and uptempo with bigger production.

I really hope we can get something like that but with Lana's more recent writing style.

text book is the best song but blue banisters has the best melody

Do we really believe that Lana only makes music for herself?

She reads every single piece of work written about her and she seems to crave critical acclaim.

We can't forget her face after not winning in the Grammys. She probably would be extremely happy winning album or song of the year.

Very few artists doesn't really care about what people have to say. There's nothing wrong in craving respect

At the end of the day, Lana can choose to write about whatever she wants. If some topics don't feel relevant to her anymore for her to write about and she wants to explore other areas, then that's fine. If not and she wants to continue to explore topics similar to ones she did in the BTD/UV eras, that's fine too. Personally, I relate more to the lyrics she's been writing more recently (in the past 5 or 6 years), but I do have an appreciation for the beauty of her past ones as they were super relatable to my life just two or three years ago. I think that this album will be somewhat of a combination. It was written around the chaos of last spring and summer, so it's clear that certain things in the realm will be touched on in BB, I just don't think those are the songs she chose to make singles right away (although I do see a lot of her frustration from that time period in WW) 

imageproxy.jpg

When she talked about writing Venice Bitch she said something like she really liked the melody but she wasn't sure about what kind of song to make like a slow song, a jam etc. So it's not like she is just stuck making "slow" songs, she just goes with what feels good to her for that particular song. And she always puts a couple of more uptempo songs even on her slower albums. I don't think she would hire Mike for this album to make songs that could be produced by the other producers (I mean all the 3 singles sound somewhat similar production wise) so I guess she wanted to put out these 3 first maybe as a transition between Chemtrails and BB. Lana is constantly evolving so I trust this new chapter that I'm already enjoying. 

giphy.gif

damn she really left a LOT for us to talk about I feel like we'll never be bored again from now on :eartha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

Do we really believe that Lana only makes music for herself? She reads every single piece of work written about her and she seems to crave critical acclaim.

We can't forget her face after not winning in the Grammys. She probably would be extremely happy winning album or song of the year.

Very few artists doesn't really care about what people have to say. There's nothing wrong in craving respect

She would promote her music if she would care that much. Look at the promo that Billie did during Grammy season. Or dua lipa. They can give u a nomination when the album is highly acclaimed but promo is important as well. (And connections ofc)

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I think you're really reaching here with the age thing, coming from a 29 year old. But lana's older music talks about things she did in her teens and early twenties. It would be weird for anyone approaching 40 to be singing about sugar daddies and cocaine still. Her music evolves with her maturity and the current events, that's just what she wants to do with her art and i think more people should be supportive of the direction she wants to go in because it makes HER happy. Anyone is welcome to their opinion but if you're still a stan you should support her happiness, and not only like her when she makes something that can chart. 

With peace and love, this is incredibly presumptuous. I think you misunderstood me. I love Lana, she is the single most important artist in my life and I’ve grown up alongside her music and I want to support her in all her ventures. I care about her as a person (and her happiness/well-being) first and foremost. For you to assume all I want from her is songs about coke and sugar daddies is honestly insulting, that’s not what I said at all and I’m not interested in those things anyways, I never have been. Please show me where I asked for that :scoff: All I said was that a pop, hip hop, or rnb album was not out of the question, and to not dismiss certain possibilities because of her age. I don’t care about charts. I love what she is doing and the trajectory she has been on. I also listen to a lot of hip hop and rnb, and if you think there is no maturity in those then you haven’t heard enough music. Like I said, we shouldn’t have to have this conversation every pre release. You are putting her in a box because of her age, and I don’t think that’s fair. If you want Lana to be happy, then you should allow her room to pursue what she wants, regardless of her age or your personal music taste preferences

Edit: sorry if this overdramatic I’ve had a lot of caffeine :excited: 

Edited by Sugar Venom

UbsOye5.png

PSA: when people bring up the fact that “she’s 35 years old” it’s not to say that 35 is an “old” age (just saying because there have been countless times where people interpret that argument as ageist), but rather, there is a natural evolution that we’ve been socialized to undergo as we approach our thirties.

I see what both sides are saying - but I personally think that the music is going to continue to get deeper and more vulnerable, and that may be reflected in the production. It’s not inherently “better” than her previous records but it’s more mature (I’m using that term objectively) and representative of who Lana is at this moment in time. 

I’m always here for wherever Lana takes us and that seems to be the majority, which is amazing.  I get the qualms about comparing an album she wrote when she was 25 compared to an album she wrote at 35, but there is naturally going to be a shift there. It would be weird if there wasn’t.

9 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Tea bestie. People on here are lacking serious reading comprehension and jump through hoops just to further push the false narrative that we want suicidal Miss Gangsta Nancy Sinatra back because we want more strings and bigger beats. I give up on arguing with them though, obviously they're the more SuPeRior stans for favouring Lana's stripped down sound

:xgiggle:

EXACTLY. and this isn’t a specific attack more a general statement but some of y’all lack serious reading comprehension. like you say us wanting more strings, more bass, more synths, more drums has nothing to do with wanting the moaning cocaine daddy pink lana back. take chemtrails for exemple. you keep the lyrics and production, take out jack’s muffle bullshit, add more strings, some REAL drums, a few light electric guitars and BAM 99% of this site would be happy as a child on christmas morning. the fact some think exclusively of BTD when we mention strings, synths and beats as if those weren’t on every album until lfl and even some of nfr. no one wants another lolita or this is what makes us girls. most just want different production, and again wanting different production ≠ wanting 10 year old lana back. :makeup: