Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

37 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

and that’s totally valid too dont worry. i think we’ve all outgrown friends or lovers and this is no different. that’s life, those things happen. tho maybe the rest of the album will give you more of what you want/need. or the album after. or the one after. :krylie:

Very well said, thank you ? I am hoping the same

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

13 minutes ago, SharktoothBlues said:

Has anyone else noticed the chorus of Textbook sounds really similar to Change? Anyway I enjoy them all, Blue Banisters is definitely the best once hence why its an actual single..  excited for the album !

I noticed this too!!!

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

3 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

while we’re on the topic of yosemite can the insiders clean their ears out cause where on fucking earth is blue banisters a blend of yosemite and i don’t wanna go ? neither the production nor melody sounds like either of those songs :wtf2: stick to leaking info and not songs descriptions boos 

Totally! BoZ is doing a great job at feeding us the right amount of info to hype us up, but his song descriptions are really not it lol. Same with LMLYLAW. 

I think I lowkey understand what Lana meant by "revenge" on this album. She seems to be giving a background story to her personality/songwriting style, explaining why she is the way she is. Something she failed to in the past (Annie interview, or even her Instagram posts, etc.)

I might be wrong, and I don't want to make assumptions. But Lana explaining her tough relationship with her mother makes so much sense, in my opinion, and are a reason why to her songs about "domestic abuse" and "toxic relationships". If that's all she's known when growing up... I can see her being drawn to, once she was older. For her, that seemed "normal", even though she knew it was wrong and would hurt her.

Those are her experiences, something she already said multiple times, but never fully developed. But now she is, in form of lyrically deep haunting melodies, and it's helping her heal :ohno:

I think we're definitely in for a ride with this new record, and we will hear many more personal stories :ohno:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I hate being that person, but as Lana gets older, as it is with most artists who take themselves seriously, I very much doubt you'll be getting "bops" anymore. :toofunny:

It's more than okay to say that you've outgrown or have become disinterested in someone. It's life, it happens

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I hate being that person, but as Lana gets older, as it is with most artists who take themselves seriously, I very much doubt you'll be getting "bops" anymore. :toofunny:

It's more than okay to say that you've outgrown or have become disinterested in someone. It's life, it happens

Especially if she marries and has children, or just has children. Tori Amos went from rage to the sentimental, sugary 'Ribbons Undone' in two albums, though I expect LDR would express herself better than that. 

And, in the past, artists like Carly Simon have written beautifully about marriage; Simon did it on album after album throughout the 70s, the highs and lows and in-betweens. 

21 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally! BoZ is doing a great job at feeding us the right amount of info to hype us up, but his song descriptions are really not it lol. Same with LMLYLAW. 

like at this point let’s all collectively stop asking him what the songs sound like and let’s stick to getting the dates out of him cause descriptions clearly aren’t his forté :teehee:

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Especially if she marries and has children, or just has children. Tori Amos went from rage to the sentimental, sugary 'Ribbons Undone' in two albums, though I expect LDR would express herself better than that. 

And, in the past, artists like Carly Simon have written beautifully about marriage; Simon did it on album after album throughout the 70s, the highs and lows and in-betweens. 

Right. She made "Lust for Life" for the fans, and I think that will be the last pop oriented album going forward. Whatever we thought about Norman, it clearly marked her transition into singer/songwriter territory.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Hello,

I love these new songs. I think they're truly wild, and not just wild at heart. The lyrics evoke a lot of emotions and thoughts, and I'm extremely glad she's being more open about many things, including her parents. The concepts are some of her best ever, especially Blue Banisters. That one was my favorite. Text Book is amazing too, and I'm in love with the subtle tempo shift in one single chorus. That's genius. I love Wildflower Wildfire too, but I need more time with it, as the production is not my favorite and her vocals aren't as great as the other two, but I still really like it, especially the lyrics.

I read some people said they weren't very fond of the production, and I also read people replying to those simply by saying they aren't listening with high-quality earbuds? Production, mixing and mastering done right should be appreciated in all devices. The production isn't bad at all, actually they're good, but I for once think Jack should've added some of his magic here. Blue Banisters is beautifully produced though. WW could do with some help.

Also, those working on Lana's Genius pages can f*ck off. Why are their annotations so poor and predictable?

I'm really excited for this record. :gclap:

9 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

And then we have Madonna :eartha:

No, but I agree and I think it's okay. It's part of growing up and finding yourself. Just because you get older, it doesn't necessarily mean you become boring, it means that you see the fun in different things. 

And hey, at least we'll have the unreleased :dua: we keep finding out about bops every year, God knows how much more are still waiting to leak!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Hello,

I love these new songs. I think they're truly wild, and not just wild at heart. The lyrics evoke a lot of emotions and thoughts, and I'm extremely glad she's being more open about many things, including her parents. The concepts are some of her best ever, especially Blue Banisters. That one was my favorite. Text Book is amazing too, and I'm in love with the subtle tempo shift in one single chorus. That's genius. I love Wildflower Wildfire too, but I need more time with it, as the production is not my favorite and her vocals aren't as great as the other two, but I still really like it, especially the lyrics.

I read some people said they weren't very fond of the production, and I also read people replying to those simply by saying they aren't listening with high-quality earbuds? Production, mixing and mastering done right should be appreciated in all devices. The production isn't bad at all, actually they're good, but I for once think Jack should've added some of his magic here. Blue Banisters is beautifully produced though. WW could do with some help.

Also, those working on Lana's Genius pages can f*ck off. Why are their annotations so poor and predictable?

I'm really excited for this record. :gclap:

hey, welcome back! we missed you! :heart: :spin: 

WGe8ynS.gif

I’m a little late joining in on the discussion of her new singles, but..

I’m almost entirely sure this will be her most intimate record to date; lyrically, she outdid herself. I could be wrong, but her vocals seem so much stronger than they were in NFR and COCC—very forward and jazzy at times, reminding me a bit of her singing from Born To Die up until Honeymoon.

Melodically, BB has the most replay value for me, but WW arguably has the best lyrics. Text Book is so vulnerable, and she manages to keep it interesting with a really strong narrative. 

I found it sad but very effective in the way she tied the disappointment with her father’s inaction in WW to the desire for a father-like lover that would “have [her] back” in TB. While I was anticipating a wild change in her musical genre, I think she’s making such meaningful and expertly crafted art and am excited to see what’s next!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

It was hard reading like 200+ pages I missed while being away these weeks but I'm back. It was really fun reading all your theories when I had already heard the 3 songs :brows:

The songs didn't really click with me at first (I guess they are not that accessible and the fact that I had to listen to them the first time from my shitty phone with no earphones didn't help) but after keeping them on repeat all day I really love them. The lyrics are great (like one of her best) and I didn't expect her to release 3 songs THAT personal at once. I like the choruses but I find the verses a bit weird (still love them tho).

Now as in theories about the album I'm really lost. I don't know why would she release 3 songs at once (with the alleged title track being one of them). If BB has a video (a somehow high budget one) why would the label call them buzz singles :icant:.

I still think the album is coming this summer. Maybe she'll release the proper lead with a big video in the coming months and the BB visuals or whatever after the album (a la NFR). 

Anyway I'm very excited about this era and I have the feeling that the real gems are still hidden in the album.

giphy.gif

OK a couple thoughts about the release of the album -

1. The use of the term “buzz singles” in the press release is probably the same thing as NFR. I remember when MAC, VB, and Hope were referred to as “buzz singles” and it sent everyone into a frenzy about whether or not they’d be on the album, and they of course ended up on the record so I think these 3 tracks are going to be on the album and the term “buzz single” is probably used very loosely. 

2. A few days ago, one of the ATRL insiders (I think @/issgoulding) said that the album is out in less than 2 months ( @Nikogo posted it pages ago <3). People knew two weeks ago that the singles would come out this week so I imagine that they would also know when the album was coming, especially since they have the songs.

I really think and hope July 4th will happen, or at least the album will be released this summer. 

I love all the songs for their own reasons 

BUT

the sheer ambiance of TB is everything I’ve wanted back in a Lana song 

WW’s last minute and a half is MAGNIFICENT. Those background vocals that swim around the whole ending really help you feel her urgency and desperation

BB took me by surprise, the storytelling is unlike she’s ever done 

She really did THAT and I’m more impatient for the album than I already was. I also think I’m more excited than I was for Chemtrails 

"Don’t forget me"

4 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

while we’re on the topic of yosemite can the insiders clean their ears out cause where on fucking earth is blue banisters a blend of yosemite and i don’t wanna go ? neither the production nor melody sounds like either of those songs :wtf2: stick to leaking info and not songs descriptions boos 

The only part that sounds like Yosemite imo is when she sings 'happy' and 'scared me' from 0:55. It's similar to 'we did it for the reasons'.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m also wondering why there are so many songs out already. 
A couple of reasons come to mind: 

1- a long record like you said 

2- the three songs kinda form a super personal EP that would transition well into the « lighter tone » of the other songs.

3- it’s another VB and Mac situation and the record is not done (I really hope it’s not that reason, I’m still traumatized by the NFR pre-release).

maybe it's all part of telling her story and the next batch of singles will tell another part. all three of the songs connect i think with text book and wildflower wildfire addressing the relationship she had with both her father and mother then in blue banisters she's letting us know she found comfort in her girlfriends that she didn't have with her family.

i love you, but you don't understand me.