Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i think it’s so funny how so many of us hated the songs at first including me 

the songs are so unique and unlike the rest of her discography, and anytime that happens its gonna turn off fans. there are SO many songs of lana’s that i hated on first listen and are now some of my favorites. these 3 songs are a lot to digest honestly, i’ve been listening non stop all day and am still wrapping my head around the lyrics (which are truly some of her best). i’m so ready for this album, it finally feels like a new era of lana del rey :grinds:

Hide contents

now stop using year old selfies lana and give the girls some visuals :makeup2:

They way you keep spilling and silly me wasn't following you. Keep postin' babe :xcry:

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

It seems like only text book but I’m not exactly sure honestly. 

it’s possible he did BB too, but not WW for sure 

It would make sense since it's the only one that actually sounds like actually mixed properly :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

Living vicariously through Mike Dean 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

shit I can’t keep up with this thread sometimes ugh. B0102-C97-F389-4580-9-E78-4-B2735-E2952-
but mike king is a legend. Best thing to happen to Lana since Dan Auerbach

i love how interactive he is :sass:

THE more I listen to BLue banisters itself. It does sound like COCC a lil. U have to admit. Not the production or anything but the melody and lyrics. (And that’s NOT A complaint!!))

other than that, as I’ve stated before.. these songs are a fn 360 from her recent sound. Truly amazing shite if u ask me. Gorgeous 330-D7-DD1-C7-D2-473-B-9-B1-A-226-D3-B3-

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

These songs made me even more excited for the album :party:

(Also, RCS in less than 2 weeks :hooker:)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I feel like that album could be the natural continuation after NFR, just like NFR was a great follow up to HM and HM made so much sense after UV.

The creation of CoCC and LFL were rooted in so much indecisiveness, last-moment changes and suffered from an overdue collab with a certain producer - thus they kind of don't flow smoothly with the rest of her discog, even though they have some nice moments.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Gorgeous tracks. I think Lana is just gonna get more experimental from here on out. This may not be a callback to the production of B2D, but the intense vulnerability in lyric writing is definitely back.

Ya agreed. This is definitely going to be her first “experimental” album if these lyrics and structures are indicative of the album

like 3 lead singles and not one of them has a proper chorus :rip: truly no one else like her 

Lana sounds so vulnerable on those songs. 

54 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Exactly the peons of Lanaboards have really been unleashing their deranged cold takes lately

I THOUGHT THAT THOSE GLITCHES WERE CUS OF MY EARPHONES DAfsdfsHDDAD I WAS GONNA BUY NEW ONES 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

50 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Ya agreed. This is definitely going to be her first “experimental” album if these lyrics and structures are indicative of the album

like 3 lead singles and not one of them has a proper chorus :rip: truly no one else like her 

I totally get what you mean with the song structures but both WFWF and TB have a pretty obvious chorus, haven't they?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Text Book is something I've wanted from miss Lana for so long :trisha: a little hint on BLM is so good omg i love her. i have a feeling that Thunder will be on the album tho, it just fits so much, put on a Thunder right after Text Book, it's fucking gorgeous
KaanST.gif

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

i'm shocked mike dean produced the weakest headline (no). Already on Madame X he was behind the weaker titles (without making them bad songs), God Control was more a sound of Mirwais than Dean, here I recognize quite well his production a bit too "in your face".

Clearly I laugh a lot at those who think Antonoff was a disaster, he surpasses Mike Dean by far.

On the other hand Gabe Simon WOW.