Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

16 minutes ago, Orangema said:

i'm shocked mike dean produced the weakest headline (no). Already on Madame X he was behind the weaker titles (without making them bad songs), God Control was more a sound of Mirwais than Dean, here I recognize quite well his production a bit too "in your face".

Clearly I laugh a lot at those who think Antonoff was a disaster, he surpasses Mike Dean by far.

On the other hand Gabe Simon WOW.

Yeah, Mike is probably an excellent hip hop/rap producer, but producing alternative LDR songs doesn’t seem to be what he excels at. WW is still amazing though! It’s a bowl of fresh air

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

the godflower godfire slander stops now! it's amazing and there's still many opportunities with Mike I still have hope

21 minutes ago, venice witch said:

i have a feeling that Thunder will be on the album tho, it just fits so much

Fine China too they resonate with the album's poetic undertones and sound 

1 hour ago, venice witch said:

Text Book is something I've wanted from miss Lana for so long :trisha: a little hint on BLM is so good omg i love her. i have a feeling that Thunder will be on the album tho, it just fits so much, put on a Thunder right after Text Book, it's fucking gorgeous
KaanST.gif

I mean you can instantly tell  by the sound of both tracks that Zach was a part of the production . Wondering whether we'll get more songs produced by him 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Wow the whole time I was listening to these I kept thinking of her old songs and how much she’s evolved as an artist. I’m so interested to see what the unreleased song she reworked for this album is! I feel like these tracks make the rest of her discography seem so much more pop than before.

If she loves this pic so much, at least the album cover should be like this ?sRg93i2.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

If she loves this pic so much, at least the album cover should be like this ?sRg93i2.jpg

nightmare material yep :thumb:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

has the tracklist come out yet?

I am so ready for a 15-18-track album

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

53 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

With the FaceApp watermark too :eartha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Ok I have finally been able to listen to the three songs with headphones, and read the lyrics, and here are my two cents for this album so far: 

Blue Banisters seems like the continuity of Chemtrails, its yang side. It’s Violet X Chemtrails X Norman. This explains why she wants to put it out rapidly, since it’s the follow-up to Chemtrails.

Both Chemtrails and Bb remind me of Taylor’s folklore and evermore. Evermore is way more personal than Folklore, and the second one is more « experimental » at moments than Folklore. I expect a bit of « experimentation » with the other songs of this album as well. and she really is telling her story and this could be her sweet revenge. 

I don’t know how her team feels about a Grammy submission but if it’s on the table, the album should be out before the end of summer. 

The production of the three songs is still a bit « minimal » but the way the structure of the songs shifts is closer to what we got with Norman and that I loved (that’s my biggest problem with Chemtrails: the melodies are too simple, not really shifting from chorus to verses). 

Blue Banisters is Lana at the peak of her songwriting. The narration is simply superb. And the way she thinks about her new man and the music becomes so dreamy :oprah: And when she eludes later that it didn’t work out :worship: Also love how it begins similarly to Chemtrails (by the way, both album titles are so beautifully poetic, put side to side). 

Text Book has an incredible story as well. It’s really « Daddy issues » Lana acknowledging it. The melody is a bit harder to follow, but I’m loving it more with each listen.

Wildflower Wildfire is so beautiful in its vulnerability. I only wished that the last minute of the production began earlier in the song. 

If there’s a cover for this album, there’s a high probability it could be a Joan Baez one, since she referenced her at least twice already (Dance Til We Die and Bb). 

6 hours ago, COCC said:

I hope you consider this before you post „We will never get the old Lana back“ or „why did she work for Mike when it‘s not for a hiphop record“. And that the rest of the album could sound quite different and that it’s too early to write it off.

sure but i still don’t see how and why she needed 3 hip-hop producers for a simple piano ballad? except if she kept their other mike collabs for the rest of the album or the album after in that case serve but it just doesn’t make sense to me. WW could’ve been made by jack or zach for exemple. that doesn’t mean i’m writing anything off i just find it... odd. especially since mike said they’ll combine his work with hers but his influence isnt felt at all. this feels more cocc follow up than the "return of the old hip-hop lana" everyone was hyping up:defeated:

for what it’s worth, i looked at the shazam url numbers and interestingly:

- WW = 570945346

- TB = 570945298

- BB = 570948002

so we can see ww and tb are the only ones in the 500-ish range. so it could be possible to find out other songs from the tracklist but one has to try every possible combination which seems to be a long and boring process :noparty::biblio:

aren’t there like apps or softwares or so that could try lots of code/number combinations in a matter of minutes to help us out ?  help i’m so bad at this geek stuff :derpna2:

27 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

Not another Yosemite.

while we’re on the topic of yosemite can the insiders clean their ears out cause where on fucking earth is blue banisters a blend of yosemite and i don’t wanna go ? neither the production nor melody sounds like either of those songs :wtf2: stick to leaking info and not songs descriptions boos