Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I know I’m always in this thread but I swear - the writing on these songs is just phenomenal. It’s truly lightyears ahead of anything else she’s done; she has always been an amazing, gifted writer, but you can objectively feel the growth in these 3 tracks (as if there was anywhere to go for an artist who is always at her lyrical peak, in all honesty). They’re just so stunning. This record already feels really special in that the writing is confessional, revealing, and poetic at the same time. The words sound so euphonious and her vocals are strong as ever. I love all her records and she’s always been a genuine, true artist, but there’s really a weight of emotion that we’re really lucky to be hearing from Lana this time around. I can’t imagine baring it all to the extent that she did to anyone. 

oh wow so the same woman who did background vocals on summertime did them on textbook too

I really like that this whole album seems to be from last fall when she was hanging around Zach Dawes and that group of musicians a lot. This all has so much promise :bebe: 

also John congelton mixed it - I would love for her to work with him as a producer eventually. His work on St Vincent’s first albums is AMAZING 

I have been reading through the last couple of pages of this thread and I totally get that some of you don‘t like the songs. They have a complex melody, are not catchy on the first listen and not easily accessible. I was struggling too when I heard them. So it‘s absolutely ok if you don‘t like them and if you want share your opinion!

But please keep in mind that for some users (including me), this is peak Lana. She has probably never created something so unique and never shared lyrics that are so vulnerable. Sometimes they feel like poetry and after stanning her for ten years I see a new side of her as a person and musician. They also show how she has created her own place in the music industry where no one else can follow her.

I hope you consider this before you post „We will never get the old Lana back“ or „why did she work for Mike when it‘s not for a hiphop record“. And that the rest of the album could sound quite different and that it’s too early to write it off.

10 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

<3 you're the most lovable kind member. Pls stay in this thread forever.

I hope you have a really nice day :omg:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know I’m always in this thread but I swear - the writing on these songs is just phenomenal. It’s truly lightyears ahead of anything else she’s done; she has always been an amazing, gifted writer, but you can objectively feel the growth in these 3 tracks (as if there was anywhere to go for an artist who is always at her lyrical peak, in all honesty). They’re just so stunning. This record already feels really special in that the writing is confessional, revealing, and poetic at the same time. The words sound so euphonious and her vocals are strong as ever. I love all her records but there’s really a weight of emotion that we’re really lucky to be hearing from Lana. I can’t imagine baring it all to the extent that she did to anyone. 

Say that. This is her best writing, her poetry is just getting exponentially better like recall even WHWILY from Violet which imo was the weakest to now this songwriting that is as much truly legitimate and GOOD poetry as it is lyricism I just feel so abundantly proud of her. There are so many other musicians that try it with the lyrics but Lana has gone beyond even herself idc what anyone says the proof is in the pudding 

46 minutes ago, COCC said:

I know exactly what you mean: To paint your banisters :ma:

cum and fix my weathervane  :ma:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

21 minutes ago, COCC said:

I hope you have a really nice day :omg:

Thank you so much <3 I hope so too... not too great atm. Touch starved </3

Another thing to be noted..

I'm not sure if its just me but they sound louder even on Spotify?

LFL, nfr and COCC sounded so muffled on spotify. 

So yay

I can't believe people think that Mike Dean is unprofessional by saying that those glitches weren't intentional, and he just lazily let it slip by :rip: 

I know you want to drag the song sweetie, but that's just not the case 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i think it’s so funny how so many of us hated the songs at first including me 

the songs are so unique and unlike the rest of her discography, and anytime that happens its gonna turn off fans. there are SO many songs of lana’s that i hated on first listen and are now some of my favorites. these 3 songs are a lot to digest honestly, i’ve been listening non stop all day and am still wrapping my head around the lyrics (which are truly some of her best). i’m so ready for this album, it finally feels like a new era of lana del rey :grinds:

Spoiler

now stop using year old selfies lana and give the girls some visuals :makeup2:

50 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

also John congelton mixed it - I would love for her to work with him as a producer eventually. His work on St Vincent’s first albums is AMAZING 

Did he only mixed Text Book? Or the three of them?

8nl2OpX.png

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I can't believe people think that Mike Dean is unprofessional by saying that those glitches weren't intentional, and he just lazily let it slip by :rip: 

I know you want to drag the song sweetie, but that's just not the case 

Exactly the peons of Lanaboards have really been unleashing their deranged cold takes lately

2 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

88KKiEa.jpg

Half of LanaBoards found dead.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.