TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

4 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

It genuinely hasn’t evolved much, the one I’ve had for a hot minute (& I’m pretty sure the only other version of the song going around) is basically the single cut with clearer vocal leveling & less reverb. I was really bummed hearing the official version, because I was really expecting major changes especially after hearing the clip she posted on her Instagram a few years ago… it sounds like the superior version & it’s rotting on her hard drive 

Guess it's an early mix then. I hope it surfaces soon because that'd be interesting to be hear 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

10 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

That "other 11 songs" and that "album" better exist at this point according to this NYtimes article

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/arts/music/playlist-sky-ferreira-rico-nasty.html

It's not letting me read the article because I don't have an account. What does it say?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, Estheim said:

They meant “11 other songs” as in 11 other songs that got released this week alongside DF

:pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Idk about anyone else, but the Dolby Atmos mix on Apple Music sounds so good.

you can clearly hear the vocals better than in the stereo mix and it feels more full like each element has room to breathe

10/10 track

11 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

It's not letting me read the article because I don't have an account. What does it say?

they didn't mean 11 sky songs but 11 songs that they reviewed this week

Sky Ferreira, ‘Don’t Forget’

hqdefault.jpg

The nine long years since Sky Ferreira’s 2013 cult-classic album “Night Time, My Time” vanish in the opening moments of “Don’t Forget,” a dazzling return to form that is slated to appear on Ferreira’s much-delayed second album, “Masochism.” In her near decade (mostly) away from music — due, in part, to disagreements with her record label — Ferreira’s grungy synth-pop sound has hardly changed at all. But “Night Time, My Time” still sounds singular enough that “Don’t Forget” (which she co-produced with Jorge Elbrecht and co-wrote with Tamaryn) comes as a comfort rather than a disappointment. It’s refreshing to hear the 29-year-old pick up exactly where she left off, inhabiting a song’s echoing, tarnished atmosphere with her signature breathy intensity and smeared glamour. “Keep it in mind, nobody here’s a friend of mine,” Ferreira sneers, proving her melodramatically defiant edge is still intact. LINDSAY ZOLADZ

the fact that there's a thread that is 700+ pages long for an artist with 1 album out and her second one doesn't seem to exist 

nicki-minaj-big-boobs.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

the fact that there's a thread that is 700+ pages long for an artist with 1 album out and her second one doesn't seem to exist 

nicki-minaj-big-boobs.gif

i’m starting to realize that gay fandoms are essentially cults for these women in pop music.. :illumarina:

14417469274.gif

2 hours ago, sulli said:

when i have them play this video audio as they lower the coffin in the ground at my funeral because it still hasn't come out by then :wub:

when is she releasing this masterpiece? 

On 5/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, eyelovelefteye said:

It genuinely hasn’t evolved much, the one I’ve had for a hot minute (& I’m pretty sure the only other version of the song going around) is basically the single cut with clearer vocal leveling & less reverb. I was really bummed hearing the official version, because I was really expecting major changes especially the clip she posted on her Instagram a few years ago sounds like the superior version & it’s rotting on her hard drive 

I love reverb versions popular songs and listen to old stuff which made my ears used to that kind of sound. DF has unpleasant effects and tries too hard to sound retro that actual 80s songs sound clearer. Also, I'm all for retro revivals but I still prefer NTMT's combo of modern and retro. it's honestly kinda lazy and unoriginal to make a replica of music from a certain decade. If it were 2019-2020 then it would've been interesting, but now every musician and their mom has 80s elements or 2000s pop punk.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

i love sky but tbh i've been listening to don't forget for a while and it's not getting any better... it's a cute track, not bad at all, but also not great

i feel like she couldve done much better with the time she had, considering that this tracks has existed for at least 3 years

also this is not some grand mesmerizing song that if you don't like it it's cause you didn't "get it", actually, it is pretty mediocre and doesn't sound new and fresh at all, in fact, i can see thousand of artists doing this and doing it better actually

i've always had this fear that once masochism was finally released it wouldn't feel like the 10 years it took in the making were well used and this track kinda makes me feel like that fear was correct

NbukEs0.gif

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

19 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

Don't Forget gets better with each listen what a great song 

It’s great but I think a lot of people would’ve preferred Descending as the new single

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet