Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

12 minutes ago, Edelgard said:

if I Talk To Jesus was on this record I'd die.

Especially if it wasn't ripped from YouTube and actually decent quality. 

Sis she would’ve ripped from YouTube using youtube2mp3 at 32kbps

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

My predictions about BB reactions on Youtube: 

- My dads Jon and Steven are going to love it obviously. They have the best taste. They loved the singles and they'll love the rock-ish undertones of some songs.

- Ajaii I'm not sure. She's going to love some songs and she won't feel others. She's going to cry to WFWF and Arcadia tho.

- Lauren and Larissa are going to love it (Lauren a bit less I think). They stan NFR and Chemtrails.

- The cute new Australian guy (Ben?) it's going to love it (but won't care for a couple of the slow tracks)

Now for other reactors I don't really care but I binge watch sometimes:

- Ashley is probably not even going to react to it (is she even uploading anymore?)

- That basic girl that got scared of Marina's albums won't like it but will say some random shit like "it wasn't the right moment of the day" or something.

- The onlyfans guy it's just going to positively overreact to everything (like he always does) so we won't ever know if he likes it or hates it.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I started to think about my sisters a lot when listening to Sweet Carolina, one of my sisters is currently pregnant, and my other sister had post-partum after her second daughter and I wish I could sing beautifully and sing this song to them

its so beautiful and so special gah

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

- My dads Jon and Steven are going to love it obviously. They have the best taste. They loved the singles and they'll love the rock-ish undertones of some songs.

- Ajaii I'm not sure. She's going to love some songs and she won't feel others. She's going to cry to WFWF and Arcadia tho.

- Lauren and Larissa are going to love it (Lauren a bit less I think). They stan NFR and Chemtrails.

- The cute new Australian guy (Ben?) it's going to love it (but won't care for a couple of the slow tracks)

- Ashley is probably not even going to react to it (is she even uploading anymore?)

- That basic girl that got scared of Marina's albums won't like it but will say some random shit like "it wasn't the right moment of the day" or something.

- The onlyfans guy it's just going to positively overreact to everything (like he always does) so we won't ever know if he likes it or hates it.

Wait reaction channels are still a thing? Gross.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

who?

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

the way this is 100% accurate

especially the last one :lmao:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

AND SHER THE TRUTH

she is always my FAVORITE reactor, as she realllly dives into the lyricism and meaning. 

I think she's going to absolutely love Blue Banisters, she's already had a positive reaction to the singles and i know she's going to be a fan of the newer songs and lyrics. 

faSE.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

she’s literally so annoying… you could make her react to white noise and she’d somehow cry about how beautiful and profound it is😭

1 hour ago, Kimi said:
  Hide contents

If You Lie Down With Me & Living Legend are bottom two. If You is just plain boring and LL has her ugliest vocals ever, especially during chorus 

Spoiler

Living legend and iyldwm are top 3 OMG

Spoiler

I'm gonna be really honest. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the album, most people here know how I feel about Jack Antonoff sitting in the producer's chair—all the issues I had and still have with the so called Jack sound on 'NFR!', less so on 'COCC' if I'm being honest; but still his production really didn't do much for me except for a few key tracks here and there. So this new album is definitely refreshing and different production wise and I've been really enjoying 'Text Book', 'Black Bathing Suit', 'If I Lie Down With You', 'Dealer' and 'Thunder' the most and I definitely have appreciation for most of the other songs... but I want Lana to go in a different direction sonically.

I am really over the soft and subdued approach to music we've witnessed with most of the music on the past three records. I want a bit more intensity, I feel like I wouldn't have mind the piano-driven-ballad-y approach on 'Blue Banisters' at all had Lana not already released two albums that I would qualify as organic and mellow, but I think it's time for a bit more bite. Although I will say that 'BB' made me appreciate a piano driven Lana song. 

This is me speaking into existence a true rock album from her, or something of the sort. :smile4:

'Blue Banisters' is a beautiful album, the newer songs are mostly all great imho. I know a lot of fans love to hear unreleased tracks make their way onto an album, I happen not to care too much unless it's done in a way in which the song has been substantially reworked for the better (to the exception of 'Thunder' which I think sounds great, not better, but great nonetheless). But I feel ambivalent about 'Living Legend'... and I really couldn't care less for 'Nectar of the Gods' and 'Cherry Blossom'. The mixing is actually terrible, and if the rumours are true, they really do sound like YouTube to MP3 songs in terms of quality. 

I'm already more invested and interested in this album/era than I was with her past three albums, so I guess that's good? Yeah I'll keep on listening to this beautiful album, it's a grower.

Spoiler

So far I would rank them as follows:

1. Ultraviolence
  2. Honeymoon
  3. Born To Die - The Paradise Edition
  4. Blue Banisters
  5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  6. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
  7. Lust for Life

32 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Not Pitchfork doing the promo for Lana and reminding their followers BB is gonna be released this Friday :oprah:

Means they already heard and loved the album. We won :oprah4:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I never meant to be bad or unwell
I was just livin' on the edge
Right between heaven and hell
And I'm tired of it

Ooh
All the things you do and the ways you move
Send me straight to heaven
And, baby, you
What I never said to you
Is you really are my living legend

Wa, wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa
Wa-wa-wa-wa, wa-wa-wa-wa
Wa-wa, wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa
Wa-ooh

Happy Dancing GIF - Happy Dancing Laughing GIFs

tumblr_oesk7nL7gp1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

27 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

OTDE will like it and brad evans will be gagged with dealer 

Spoiler

Thinking about IYLDWM today. Wow the references to Smarty and Queen of Disaster are super cute :wub:  And that outro really reminds me of the Young and Beautiful Jazz Foxtrot version with those trumpets I love it

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.