Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

The middle section (Black Bathing Suit -> If You Lie Down with Me -> Beautiful -> Violets for Roses) will be a ride. Erickson's work on Titanic Rising was monumental so I can't wait for his production on these songs. The interlude seems to introduce a new direction unless she's trolling us (which is entirely plausible lol). Now watch a simple title track like Beautiful turn out to be the magnum opus of the album completely out of nowhere. Zach co-writing If You Lie Down with Me probably means that this alleged UV outtake (I still think it's a completely new track though despite the Barrie credit; they did have a session a few months ago and this must be it if CB and NOTG haven't been touched) must have been completely reworked and I do trust him. 

Btw I'll never trust insiders again. Didn't boz say that the album was just a collection of "pretty ballads"? Ma'am, The Trio and Dealer wouldn't agree with you. 

BOZ considers a ballad anything that is not Dua Lipa. You cannot trust his taste, is truly tragic.

1 minute ago, lemonadetan said:

me when i'm right

WW is perfect

BB is amazing but lacks more instrumentals

NOTG has amazing verses but not so great chorus

Thunder is great but a little repetitive and would benefit from piano 

CB is great, but not groundbreaking

Arcadia the verses are melodic masterpieces but I just can't connect with the chorus + her vocals and the production are perfect

LL is good but needs better vocals, production and some lyrical improvements

Trio is iconic

TB just not my favorite, also the chorus doesn't sound the good when it comes to the instrumentals

Dealer is a mess but I still like it for what it is

Arcadia is such a beautiful piece of work by Lana. The last verse specifically is so so powerful. Her voice sounds vulnerable and reminiscent of her Lizzy Grant days, which fits the theme and story-telling of the song PERFECTLY. This woman is a genius and I love her so much :crai:

Just now, PosingAsARealSinger said:

Arcadia deserves to be the title track.

..honestly...

10/10

I love BB..but arcadia is GOD TIER.

it just entered my top 10 lana songs on the first listens ....

Like without trying ....

Omg.

Arcadiaaaaa

Arcadia is amazing, way better than I thought. THE STRINGS!!!! But PLEASE don’t tell me the album has trap beats I don’t need another Lust for Life situation… If the interlude is an indicator of what is to come from the following tracks, then well….:eek3:

Are we assuming Nectar of the Gods is Color Blue (Wild on You)? Cause in the opening line she says “What sweet world is this? nectar of the Gods”. She has in the past reused lines or titles from other songs, but this song does seem to fit next to Cherry Blossom. I’m like 80% sure they are the same song but does anyone know for certain?

1 minute ago, YourGirl666 said:

WW is perfect

BB is amazing but lacks more instrumentals

NOTG has amazing verses but not so great chorus

Thunder is great but a little repetitive and would benefit from piano 

CB is great, but not groundbreaking

Arcadia the verses are melodic masterpieces but I just can't connect with the chorus + her vocals and the production are perfect

LL is good but needs better vocals, production and some lyrical improvements

Trio is iconic

TB just not my favorite, also the chorus doesn't sound the good when it comes to the instrumentals

Dealer is a mess but I still like it for what it is

ok i respect your wrong opinion ? jk it's just that dealer reads iconic career highlight to me 

Just now, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Are we assuming Nectar of the Gods is Color Blue (Wild on You)? Cause in the opening line she says “What sweet world is this? nectar of the Gods”. She has in the passed reused lines or titles from other songs, but this song does seem to fit next to Cherry Blossom. I’m like 80% sure they are the same song but does anyone know for certain?

Its been confirmed

Just now, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Are we assuming Nectar of the Gods is Color Blue (Wild on You)? Cause in the opening line she says “What sweet world is this? nectar of the Gods”. She has in the passed reused lines or titles from other songs, but this song does seem to fit next to Cherry Blossom. I’m like 80% sure they are the same song but does anyone know for certain?

Insiders confirmed that they're the same song (as far as I know)

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, VeniceBiatch said:

arcadia instantly CLICKED whereas the first three singles took a longer time for me to digest their dense lyrics. arcadia is just a beautiful beautiful song. she did it again! she always wins

Same, but as i was relistening to them before arcadia and then the seamless transitions literally made my third eye open. Now i LOVE TB & the title track