Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

guys guys guys...

as far as lyrical content goes i'm a 100% sure we're not getting anything like blue banisters' since it already did what it set out to do - and anyone else could agree

she has no consistencies with lyrical content and her albums speak for themselves.

5 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

sorry to say this, but one day you will understand how wrong you are

No! they’re absolutely right. NFR! has some of the most addictive, gorgeous melodies. the production and sound engineering has something off about it. it sounds like everything’s compressed, and it makes it really hard to fall in love with the album as a whole even when individual songs sound amazing. this is obviously just my opinion but for real the NFR production ruins the album, if you don’t have expensive sound equipment then you won’t enjoy the experience as much as you can with the rest of her albums imo. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Some of you don‘t like her newer lyrics. Some of you don‘t like her recent producers. Alright we got it, we have been talking about this for weeks :yawn:

Now let‘s get to the important questions:

what color will the vinyl be

Spoiler

Pacific blue

Spoiler

shayspagel0l.gif

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Some of you don‘t like her newer lyrics. Some of you don‘t like her recent producers. Alright we got it, we have been talking about this for weeks :yawn:

Hide contents

Pacific blue

Hide contents

shayspagel0l.gif

Idk but I’m sensing warm colours for this album… as in pinks and oranges

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

12 minutes ago, Big Star said:

guys guys guys...

as far as lyrical content goes i'm a 100% sure we're not getting anything like blue banisters' since it already did what it set out to do - and anyone else could agree

she has no consistencies with lyrical content and her albums speak for themselves.

its not having repeated lyrical content that im worried about, i know lana always switches it up, but i worry about yet another album with a very “on the nose” and “right there” writing style. you listen once n can basically understand what each lyric is about. i miss her mystery. 

i guess her lyrics dont make you think and analyze them as much as they used to. 

I'm open to whatever Lana releases next. I'm the least enthusiastic about the Nikki Lane project, but I'll take whatever comes. I'd personally love to see the American Standards album, especially after BR. It could open entirely new jazz doors for her, and the choice of songs available to her is vast. A double album would be great. 

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

its not having repeated lyrical content that im worried about, i know lana always switches it up, but i worry about yet another album with a very “on the nose” and “right there” writing style. you listen once n can basically understand what each lyric is about. i miss her mystery. 

i guess her lyrics dont make you think and analyze them as much as they used to. 

I do think Dealer has what you’re talking about, a more interpretive style but it was written years ago

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

Sunset shades of orange, pink with some gold

14 minutes ago, COCC said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pacific blue

Reveal hidden contents

shayspagel0l.gif

i want a marbled sage green so bad :runs: i think somebody made a concept for it in the bb prerelease thread n it was beautiful 

6 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Sunset shades of orange, pink with some gold

It's so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise :angie:

The flower of the new era

Tacca_chantrieri1.JPG

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

it’s honestly kind of annoying how she keeps name dropping in her songs, like this isn’t question for the culture 

I’ve seen a few people say this about her more recent songs, but it doesn’t bother me that much. She has always named dropped people in her songs(Jim, Marylin, Elvis, Springsteen, Bill, etc). It’s just part of her writing style. Only difference is that she is name dropping close friends and family members now instead of famous people and ex boyfriends. 

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

the on the nose writing still made you analyze them either way - and that was just for bb

6 minutes ago, Big Star said:

the on the nose writing still made you analyze them either way - and that was just for bb

and cocc :toofunny: … n not really. if i can understand the song immediately almost to its full depth on the first listen, im not having to really think about it. its too easy. lana is an amazing writer and such an intellectual. i just wish she would try a little harder with her lyrics. 

12 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

and cocc :toofunny: … n not really. if i can understand the song immediately almost to its full depth on the first listen, im not having to really think about it. its too easy. lana is an amazing writer and such an intellectual. i just wish she would try a little harder with her lyrics. 

BBAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

i love Lanaboards 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Who said beachy vibe? Beachy waves are NOT a vibe. 

Spoiler

Jk it’s very beachy, but this time cold foggy Northern California beach vibes.