Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

They're both decent at best but "What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad" > "You name your babe Lilac Heaven after your iPhone 11" :awkney:

The iPhone 11 line is iconic :cuteface: 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

The lilac heaven line is one of the best on BB, no questions. She seems to really strike a chord with critics when she makes references to technology like that (livestreams on in the greatest, iPad in hiadt…). It cleverly contextualizes the songs and make them more attached to the times in which they are released. I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever record we get next will have lots of little moments like this. 

Honestly love the iPhone 11 lyric cause its so stupid and ridiculous LMAO it just works so perfectly especially being followed up with crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend fuck you Kevin :eartha: Not sure how I feel about the iPad lyric though tbh, years later and its one of the few lines in hope that I don't like :um2:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 minute ago, boom like that said:

Honestly love the iPhone 11 lyric cause its so stupid and ridiculous LMAO it just works so perfectly especially being followed up with crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend fuck you Kevin :eartha: Not sure how I feel about the iPad lyric though tbh, years later and its one of the few lines in hope that I don't like :um2:

the ipad lyric is the best line on nfr…

the iphone 11 line doesn’t even compare

i love the insta thot line though

Personally, I don't think it's wrong to want Lana to do something different. While her last few albums have had songs that I really love, they've also had some of my least favorite, and as a whole, the albums haven't clicked and stuck with me like her past albums. As others have said, half of Lana's appeal and 'thing' is how every album is different and explores new sounds/themes. While NFR-BB might all be in a 'singer/songwriter' theme the sounds have been different. I'm in the boat of I want something new and different, but at the same time I know whatever she puts out, I'll continue to find songs I absolutely love.

"Don’t forget me"

Not me only just now realising I have a lilac iPhone 11……. Girls I relate to the song on a whole new level now!!!!

but I kinda find it weird that Apple has worked w her in the past, and she’s all artistic integrity and whatnot but has multiple Apple product references in her music now…

idk I don’t really mind it but I was thinking about it the other day…. Like is she getting coin for saying the word iPhone or iPad? Is it a brand deal? Hmmm

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

16 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

she’s all artistic integrity and whatnot but has multiple Apple product references in her music now…

She has two references:eartha2:

16 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Like is she getting coin for saying the word iPhone or iPad? Is it a brand deal? Hmmm

Do you also think she had a deal for the words Cherry Coke and Mountain Dew? Maybe with Elton John for the candle in the wind line? :hide:

It actually makes sense how she used the Ipad in Hope and Iphone in Sweet Carolina, so it's not just a name dropping :erm:

40 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Personally, I don't think it's wrong to want Lana to do something different. While her last few albums have had songs that I really love, they've also had some of my least favorite, and as a whole, the albums haven't clicked and stuck with me like her past albums. As others have said, half of Lana's appeal and 'thing' is how every album is different and explores new sounds/themes. While NFR-BB might all be in a 'singer/songwriter' theme the sounds have been different. I'm in the boat of I want something new and different, but at the same time I know whatever she puts out, I'll continue to find songs I absolutely love.

Yup. I think that's all one can hope for, is 1-3 good songs, or songs you like a great deal. And that's true of almost any artist. 

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

Lana actually invented the iPhone. She just let Apple use a concept from her song. :true:

In the same way she invented youtube when she wanted to show us the music video she made for Video games. The number of her patents is impressive :true:

for a while i was annoyed by people disliking her latest output & wanting her to go back to her “old” style of music, but now i’m inclined to agree, i like nfr & i really enjoy chemtrails, but blue banisters remains my least-favorite lana album for several reasons, i don’t think it’s unreasonable to want her to switch things up, i mean, it seems like she’s not even trying enough, i will stand by my opinion that randomly adding 3 songs from 2013 without editing them/straight-up re-recording them from scratch was incredibly lazy & it ruins the album’s sense of cohesion, & i do personally believe some of the tracks such as arcadia, beautiful, & violets for roses are boring, that’s my personal opinion, i also miss the evocative, world-building-esque lyrics from past eras as well, which we know she’s still capable of, i feel like she achieved this with wildflower wildfire & text book, those songs fit her current, introspective, & confessional style, while still having quality, luscious production, maybe i’m just uptight, but i really hate that iphone 11/crypto boyfriend lyric, idk, i just feel like artists that have so much talent should take themselves more seriously… i’ll always love lana & i’ll always be here for any new releases, i just hope the next album is something different & fresh, i feel like blue banisters wasn’t as good as it could’ve been, for an album that was meant to be her most confessional & personal, it could’ve been so much more, but lana did say that the next album would be better, so… 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

35 minutes ago, COCC said:

In the same way she invented youtube when she wanted to show us the music video she made for Video games. The number of her patents is impressive :true:

at least she seems to have invented YouTube marketing, I just read that in an older article (with a lot of falsehoods): https://www.freitag.de/autoren/der-freitag/die-legende-vom-klick-ohne-ende

Lana’s always had quirky / cringey lyrics that only her can get away with and that end up working in the end, even if at first you hate them (iPhone line, iPad, stranger than a stranger). 
the only line that I just can’t, is the fucking “isn’t life crazy now that I’m singing with Sean” :horror2: She should have kept the lines of the demo. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Lana’s always had quirky / cringey lyrics that only her can get away with and that end up working in the end, even if at first you hate them (iPhone line, iPad, stranger than a stranger). 
the only line that I just can’t, is the fucking “isn’t life crazy now that I’m singing with Sean” :horror2: She should have kept the lines of the demo. 

i love the sean line it’s cute:wat:

11 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i love the sean line it’s cute:wat:

I find that it really negates the whole sad feeling of the song. I was sorta ok with it until I heard the demo (“Maybe you have to forget and I have to move on” :defeated:)

anyways, I expect at least a weird line on the album. 

Lana fans: Ugh Lana not reworking her songs is soooo lazy!!!1!

Also Lana fans: She ruined Thunder, the demo was so much better!!!1!

:yawn:

36 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

for a while i was annoyed by people disliking her latest output & wanting her to go back to her “old” style of music, but now i’m inclined to agree, i like nfr & i really enjoy chemtrails, but blue banisters remains my least-favorite lana album for several reasons, i don’t think it’s unreasonable to want her to switch things up, i mean, it seems like she’s not even trying enough, i will stand by my opinion that randomly adding 3 songs from 2013 without editing them/straight-up re-recording them from scratch was incredibly lazy & it ruins the album’s sense of cohesion, & i do personally believe some of the tracks such as arcadia, beautiful, & violets for roses are boring, that’s my personal opinion, i also miss the evocative, world-building-esque lyrics from past eras as well, which we know she’s still capable of, i feel like she achieved this with wildflower wildfire & text book, those songs fit her current, introspective, & confessional style, while still having quality, luscious production, maybe i’m just uptight, but i really hate that iphone 11/crypto boyfriend lyric, idk, i just feel like artists that have so much talent should take themselves more seriously… i’ll always love lana & i’ll always be here for any new releases, i just hope the next album is something different & fresh, i feel like blue banisters wasn’t as good as it could’ve been, for an album that was meant to be her most confessional & personal, it could’ve been so much more, but lana did say that the next album would be better, so… 

the lyrics & melodies i’ve actually quite enjoyed for the most part - chemtrails especially has beautifully written songs

but the production is so fucking flat it sounds like it was recorded in a bedroom and it just dampens the experience for me - and that’s probably less jack/drew and more of a stylistic choice on lana’s part

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif