Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

The selfish part of me wants LDR9 to be NFR/COCC part three, because it would finally send a message to those still holding on to dear life to Honeymoon and even Lust for Life that it may be time to move on to another artist. Or at least finally accept that Lana's path as an artist is diverging from where you expected it to be. After being disappointed in four albums in a row, I would get that same message and I would hope those individuals would too

Whether it's bombastic or contemplative, I know that I'm going to love it. :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

31 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The selfish part of me wants LDR9 to be NFR/COCC part three, because it would finally send a message to those still holding on to dear life to Honeymoon and even Lust for Life that it may be time to move on to another artist. Or at least finally accept that Lana's path as an artist is diverging from where you expected it to be. After being disappointed in four albums in a row, I would get that same message and I would hope those individuals would too

Whether it's bombastic or contemplative, I know that I'm going to love it. :true:

So you hope she stagnates? Weird way to express fandomship  ... 

I loved NFR and I really like BB but I would not want her to just stop doing new things, just for the sake of proving I'm NoT lIkE tHe oThEr fAnS.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

29 minutes ago, Thunder said:

i think when people say they are holding out for something different, it's understandable, because lana was always really surprising in that she's explored so many different genres and sounds across her discography! it's part of why a lot of us are drawn to her and why it's also not *unreasonable* imo to expect/want. and bb is already so different from nfr

mUENGN9.png

9 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

So you hope she stagnates? Weird way to express fandomship  ... 

I loved NFR and I really like BB but I would not want her to just stop doing new things, just for the sake of prove I'm NoT lIkE tHe oThEr fAnS.

I don't think she's stagnating for one, and two, yeah I think it's kind of weird how people say "I haven't liked an album since 2015,  but i'm going to continue sitting on Lana Boards Dot Com every day and scream into the void of a message board she doesn't even read of how disappointed i am and how i hope she changes" and after not enjoying FOUR ALBUMS IN A ROW I would move on from an artist instead of living in nostalgia land, so.. next question? 

if what i said doesn't apply to you, then there's no reason to get so defensive with stupid mocking tones

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

you know what, i'm not fighting with everyone again

all i meant by my post is that i think it's kind of weird to be obsessively checked into the fandom of an artist that hasn't been releasing good music to you in a long time, which is a valid opinion to have but damn ma it's been almost ten years since Ultraviolence and seven years since Honeymoon (which not many of you liked at first, by the way, which goes to show you how music has the potential to grow with time!) she's never going to recapture that energy. and that's ok. You don't have to worship everything she does, I certainly don't, but i've also come to accept that I just don't resonate with some of my favorite artist's newer music for a while and it's ok to step back and not continue letting myself feel so disappointed after experiencing that

if that was so hurtful of an opinion to have,  boo hoo cry harder idc

31 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I don't think she's stagnating for one, and two, yeah I think it's kind of weird how people say "I haven't liked an album since 2015,  but i'm going to continue sitting on Lana Boards Dot Com every day and scream into the void of a message board she doesn't even read of how disappointed i am and how i hope she changes" and after not enjoying FOUR ALBUMS IN A ROW I would move on from an artist instead of living in nostalgia land, so.. next question? 

if what i said doesn't apply to you, then there's no reason to get so defensive with stupid mocking tones

Wanting her to do more music with the the same sound she already explored for multiple albums already is just as weird as wanting her to do BtD 2.0 ...

But yeah, go off. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don’t know what to expect for this album. I thought that RCS would be more summery and well, it became the reflexive and beautiful BB. The last 3 albums were very much “singer-songwriter” and I wonder what is next in store. As for diversity or going in other directions, these days, it’s her collabs that often change the pace: I hope there’s a cute summer song coming that might not be part of the album. 

Unless the Drew video is old, if they are still arranging songs I don't think the album is coming as soon as we thought but Rob is teasing literally every week :hide:

He hasn't posted this much about her albums ever. Maybe he's really proud of this one cause he's more involved. His main pop girl moment :crying4:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Unless the Drew video is old, if they are still arranging songs I don't think the album is coming as soon as we thought but Rob is teasing literally every week :hide:

He hasn't posted this much about her albums ever. Maybe he's really proud of this one cause he's more involved. His main pop girl moment :crying4:

maybe we are getting RG1

and even if it’s horrible if i see ANY negative comments about it i’m immediately blocking you x

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

20 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

I'd rather have another Beautiful than another Sour Carolina, ngl :stareney:

This is the worst take I've seen on this site :deadbanana:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

6 minutes ago, fine china said:

This is the worst take I've seen on this site :deadbanana:

They're both decent at best but "What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad" > "You name your babe Lilac Heaven after your iPhone 11" :awkney:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

They're both decent at best but "What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad" > "You name your babe Lilac Heaven after your iPhone 11" :awkney:

i respectfully disagree with this

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

The lilac heaven line is one of the best on BB, no questions. She seems to really strike a chord with critics when she makes references to technology like that (livestreams on in the greatest, iPad in hiadt…). It cleverly contextualizes the songs and make them more attached to the times in which they are released. I wouldn’t be surprised if whatever record we get next will have lots of little moments like this. 

7 hours ago, Thunder said:

6 hours ago, Thunder said:

I mean honestly I don't necessarily disagree with you, its just your tone.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺