Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I'm currently playing the Chemtrails and Blue Banisters albums back to back and enjoying it soooo dang much. I haven't really had a chance to sit down and listen to the albums in the last couple of months. I needed a break from both albums because I played the hell out of both of them after their release and man, they've aged like fine wine IMO. Even songs that at the time of release weren't my fave (But still great Ehem Let me Love you Like A Woman) are hitting right now. Lol. Maybe it's because I took a break from them and haven't really played them in a while... But Blue Banisters is soooo good. I love the album as a whole, and the previously unreleased songs are sooooooo good. I'm glad that Lana finally felt comfortable and happy enough to find a spot for them. I'm sure that she has her reasons for finally including them on an album and didn't just throw them on a tracklist as filler.

1 hour ago, 400lux said:

ok but how come miss insider completely ignores every person who asks for a song title/acronym :biblio:

Sorry gurl I’m not trynna get my ass taken to court, I’m not dumb enough to spill *that* much tea. default_thumb2.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Sorry gurl I’m not trynna get my ass taken to court, I’m not dumb enough to spill *thar* much tea. 

How about you translate the title to a different language, then back to english, then repeat it a few times until it's completely different and we have to try and guess what the original was :blush3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

12 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Mmm, nah. As much as I love Wildflower Wildfire, and as much as I've tried to get used to the staticky drums, I could do without them. I'd love the song 10x more without the way they sound. If they were cleaned up and sounded "normal" The song would be a perfect 10/10 for me. I swear when I first heard the song and those weird drums kicked in, I immediately freaked out because I thought that the speakers to the then "new to me" laptop that my mum gave me for my birthday were messed up lmao. I had to play a different song to make sure it was just that song that sounded that way lmao. Also Mike Dean did not live up to all the "hype" that people were making over him as a producer. In my opinion at least.

NOW, if we have an album that has a similar sound to Blue Banisers (The song) with some "Bombastic" drums and etc would be AMAZING. oof I can just imagine it. I love Blue Banisters the song, but it's missing some good drums imo. But that song is pure perfection. I can play it over and over and never get tired of it. Sort of similar to how I just cannot get tired of Chemtrails (the song) the chemtrails song is another song that is pure perfection and it's a 10/10 song. The melody, lyrics, vocals style, instrumental/beat, EVERYTHING about that song is AMZING. Can ya'll just imagine more songs like that. Especially the "You're born in december and I'm born in June, My Cancer is Sun and my Leo is Moon" part is pure orgasmic. It's an earworm. that melody softly kisses your earlobes get's into your ears, twirls around in your ear drums, softly caresses the inside of your ear canal and makes love to your ear canal before BOOOOOOOM IT CLIMAXES inside of your ear and leaves you speechless lmaooo. idk I'm high, idk why I even just typed that sentence out haha. But that's how it feels. That whole song is beautifully done. it paints such a gorgeous image in my mind. & puts me in such a great mood and headspace. I swear, that song is Born To Die, Ultraviolence level of greatness and NO ONE will change my mind about that. Her most recent work is amazing, but that song reminds me of how freaking amazing Lana is, and how she is on another level in terms of musical talent and quality. 

While I wasn’t terribly fond of the production of WFWF, I don’t think that single song would be representative of an entire Mike-produced record. If I had to guess, if Dean were to have produced all of Lana’s former record, I’d imagine that WFWF would have been the hope is a dangerous thing equivalent: stripped back, more lyric-centered, etc. 

In other words, I don’t think basing Mike Dean’s capability as a collaborator with Lana should be based off of one song—much less one of her most personal and confessional ones (if that makes any sense). But yeah, I’m still very iffy with the drums. It was an interesting creative choice if nothing else lol. Also, I totally agree about COCC. It’s so subtly powerful and engaging—potentially my favorite title track alongside BTD

I wish we could’ve gotten at least 1 or 2 more songs from Dean and Lana’s work together. I’d be really interested what their Venice Bitch equivalent would sound like—maybe some day:prettyhurts:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Sorry gurl I’m not trynna get my ass taken to court, I’m not dumb enough to spill *that* much tea. default_thumb2.jpg

What about a short lyric acronym then?:brows:

No one would ever sue you over that; in fact, a different insider did it for White Dress!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

@ cinnamon whore, we’ll be seeing a little bit of everything. Some songs will have craycray beat drops and synth that will make you tingle in the naughty bits. But also we’re going to see some creepy vibes that we’ve been wanting, bringing us into the 60s cult communes of the lost coast of Northern California... default_ETU41.png

19 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

What about a short lyric acronym then?:brows:

No one would ever sue you over that; in fact, a different insider did it for White Dress!

I can give you a hint.... A song will be named after a very famous road to the North of San Francisco. Vague, I know, but still not trynna get my ass thrown in a court chair. I’m too pretty for jail. 

On 4/6/2022 at 12:21 AM, DragonWhore said:

-Don’t expect it to drop within the next 6 mos 

- Poetry book coming first

7 hours ago, DragonWhore said:

You’ll see when Del Norte County drops in July.default_ohmy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Release date has been pushed up, according to xxxxxx. 

it's funny how some things just change in a day, or even in an hour 

why I feel we're getting fooled?  :um2:

I couldn't spoiling so much but my cactus said to me that

Spoiler

Trash Magic/BBS/Doin Time/FIILY/California/West Coast stans will be happy. Album is moody, sunset album, you can smoke weed to it at the beach and twerking (it has some bops!):party:

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

I couldn't spoiling so much but my cactus said to me that

Hide contents

Trash Magic/BBS/Doin Time/FIILY/California/West Coast stans will be happy. Album is moody, sunset album which you can smoke weed at the beach and twerking (it has some bops!):party:

:biblio:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

i hate you “insiders” who think that they can shake up a room by commenting some bs like “the new album is a mix of honeymoon and ultraviolence and some born to die moments and a sprinkle of paradise and surf noir tropical beaches that leave me all sandy” LIKE YESSS WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT MEANS! just give us lustforlife back :defeated:

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

track 9 is always my go to claimed track

we can share it:brows:

Track 9 never disappoints! I‘ll only share it with you :ma: 

6 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Is This HappinessOh Say Can You See x Religion x WFWF x Heroin x Old Money

SLr8ZxN.gif

Classic after classic after classic you're gonna set the bar too high for me

9JHeT2C.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||