Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

If she is indeed thinking about going on tour, do we think it’ll be before or after new music?

I’m not sure how timelines work for stuff like tbh:um2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i’d love it if she’d bring back some classic lana-isms, such as diamonds, roses, the color blue, coney island, chateau marmont, trailer parks, elvis, marilyn, rock stars, classic literature, opulence… reject modernity, embrace tradition! :true:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If she is indeed thinking about going on tour, do we think it’ll be before or after new music?

MANIFESTING AN AUGUST-OCTOBER  RELEASE

TOUR 2023

LANA, ROB, ALL GODS IN HEAVEN IF YOU'RE REALLY LURKING IN THIS THREAD & WE'RE BEING BLESSED WITH YOUR HOLINESS OF PRESSENCE THIS WHOLE TIME - PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I AM READY, MY PUSSY IS READY TO BE BROKE AGAIN, GIVE US EVERYTHING, WE WILL STREAM, WE WILL BUY THE FUCK OUT OF IT.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I believe she could do it before releasing anything new 

I doubt it would be a big tour or anything... I could honestly see her touring small venues between Oklahoma and Texas singing BB and (mainly) COCC songs 

I do think though that she is thinking about her next release, and that one guy who was teasing Watercolor Eyes on Twitter said she had something coming in the spring, so I also would not be surprised if she put out an album and began touring immediately after 

2 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

i think they are preparing for a big era, with the alleged pusha T collab, euphoria soundtrack etc. i think since dua lipa left her management is trying to make lana’s next era massive

I want to believe this, but the fact that she is working with Erickson, Jack, and her dad makes me feel like she is working on another low key album. 

13 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I want to believe this, but the fact that she is working with Erickson, Jack, and her dad makes me feel like she is working on another low key album. 

ITS not if it's more venice Bitch, Black bathing suit, white dress, sportcruiser & that "bombastic" part that we did not get from NFR era

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Lana following Petra Collins and haute couture designers. It's not huge sign to ditching housewife vibe but if she's going to enter with a bang in new era:defeated:

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Didn't she say her label wouldn't let her release digital first with vinyl coming months later (like Taylor)? Digital only feels even more unlikely... unless she meant a side project like the covers or the audiobook.

But Lana is large and contains multitudes so who knows with her honestly :thumb2:

The only way I see Interscope allowing it is if she released a banger of an album: hit after hit.  Streams would be big while physicals are preordered. But is it even remotely possible?
Or, like you said, if they didn’t care much for the project in terms of numbers… 

taylor is the biggest female artist and can pull off almost anything (although there are some rumours that her label wants Ts10 to be as big as previous eras - so even her can’t do as she pleases apparently) but she is one of the few. 

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

Lana following Petra Collins and haute couture designers. It's not huge sign to ditching housewife vibe but if she's going to enter with a bang in new era:defeated:

finally. Don't get me wrong Suburbia Lana is camp but I'd love a High Concept whether it be glam or wacko.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

i think they are preparing for a big era, with the alleged pusha T collab, euphoria soundtrack etc. i think since dua lipa left her management is trying to make lana’s next era massive

This album needs to be a hit. Both Chemtrails and BB aren’t doing that great with their streaming numbers, she needs to go bigger (ish), like Norman, UV or LFL. 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

And it’s complicated because :

a) pandemic fucked up all plans for two years when it comes to touring (including some shows on the NFR tour that she couldn’t do);

b) it’s Lana lol. There are still a lot of BTD she sings live… Plus, let’s face it, I don’t see many songs from the last two albums being done on stage (Let Me Love You Like a Woman, maybe? White Dress is too « spur of the moment », many songs on BB are very wordy :gasp:)

so, to answer your question, maybe if LDR9 has a « bigger sound » or has some potential hits, maybe she’ll release it before touring? lustforlife did hint at a world tour… so a new album with « hits » could be a great stunt for her. But who knows with her 🤷‍♂️ And maybe It’s just me manifesting lol 

3 hours ago, NikoGo said:

well it’s really hard to “mark her words” when we have a thriving ‘Lana’s lies’ thread :thumb2: but she has said multiple times she wants to do a digital release first and is jealous that Abel can finish a song and then release it the same day 

but I do think it would be hard for her since a huge chunk of her earnings is vinyl 

Everything you said I agree with :kiss3: I know Lana’s discography is all about telling her story, but I don’t get why she couldn’t release an album of « memories when she had fun ». Chemtrails was a reflexion on her career, BB is another réflexion on her past and present traumas and making peace with them… but why not an album of recollections of celebrations (and not baby showers :pls:), passed parties, beach fun, never ending summers? THAT album could be released digitally only at first. 

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The only way I see Interscope allowing it is if she released a banger of album: hit after hit.  Streams would be big while physicals are preordered. But is it even remotely possible?
Or, like you said, if they didn’t care much for the project in terms of numbers… 

taylor is the biggest female artist and can pull off almost anything (although there are some rumours that her label wants Ts10 to be as big as previous eras - so even her can’t do as she pleases apparently) but she is one of the few. 

Yep I agree. I don't expect her to top the single charts but if she gets a big album campaign with nice promo and a couple of Dealer-size "hits" from that promo she could probably generate enough hype for good streaming numbers on the album.

People thought she was over after Chemtrails and BB underperforming streaming wise but she still got nice numbers on Dealer and WCE. Brooklyn Baby and Doin Time are also doing great on streaming (+ every month an old song gets viral on tiktok, like The Other Woman recently) so there's definitely still hype for Lana (and she has a big and loyal fanbase too).

At the end of the day it's Lana's decision if she wants to go bigger again or keep a low profile. I don't think her managers or the label have the power to force her to do promo at this point on her career :hide:

Unless she made some kind of agreement with Interscope to release Chemtrails and BB her way in return of a big album next :gasp:

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

This album needs to be a hit. Both Chemtrails and BB aren’t doing that great with their streaming numbers, she needs to go bigger (ish), like Norman, UV or LFL. 

Why necessarily? If she makes music for masses again it's maybe not that good. I'm perfectly happy with the concepts of Chemtrails and BB, this was a good change of pace.  I wouldn't be oppossed to a rebirth of something on the magnitude of NFR or UV either,  but streaming numbers don't have to be the first goal.

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Unless she made some kind of agreement with Interscope to release Chemtrails and BB her way in return of a big album next :gasp:

tea

but I don’t in this point that her record pressures her on something. She makes money the way she low key wants, and even if her label dumps her -let’s say-, she would be approached by many labels as she makes some fixed budget.

1 minute ago, blameitonme said:

manifesting acoustic album with instagram filter selfie cover and no promo

banned

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

13 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Why necessarily? If she makes music for masses again it's maybe not that good. I'm perfectly happy with the concepts of Chemtrails and BB, this was a good change of pace.  I wouldn't be oppossed to a rebirth of something on the magnitude of NFR or UV either,  but streaming numbers don't have to be the first goal.

Lana doesn’t really seem to care about numbers, but I’m confident her label surely doesn’t. I loved both Chem and BB, they were both lovely and personal butin the past,  I got the hint, in past interviews, that after HM, she sat down with her label to plan the singles of LFL, so maybe the same could be happening again?!? Maybe I read too much into this, but I got the feeling there was some kind of « pressure » / gentle push? towards a bigger sound for the album after HM. I have no idea how her label feels since Norman (which proved to be a hit while still having an artistic vision) or the two personal albums after (Chemtrails did great with physical releases, BB not so much I think), maybe it’s just me wanting something just a bit bigger as we’re getting closer to summer and (hopefully) the end of pandemic… or maybe I’m getting too drunk to make sense :bebe:

19 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

manifesting acoustic album with instagram filter selfie cover and no promo

:nono: