Sign in to follow this  
Honeyyoung

Lana facts younger fans don't know

5 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Found it. Interview in Lovecat

“When I was young, I had a tree house and in order to get to the top of it, me and my sister had to climb up a satin Christmas ribbon. One day, on my way up the ribbon snapped and I fell 15 feet on to a fire pit. I broke my ribs and never told anyone except my mother. Last year I stopped into a Unitarian church and and a man came up to me out of the blue and told me he was a clairvoyant and that the reason why I had a shallow, breathy voice was because I had fallen out of a tree house 15 years ago. I still can’t get over how strange it is that he knew that.”

im sorry like but LIKEEEEE

UV/Honeymoon

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

:lmao: 

sure jan vibes

“I only ever told my mother” comes across very sus now too 🥴 conspiracy Patty pushed her has arrived

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

10 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Not really a fact but I would like to air my grievances with newer fans who claim that AKA is completely unlistenable and that you’re “not a true fan” if you enjoy that record because it “glamorizes grooming and drug addiction” and Lana has allegedly come out of the woodwork and has said that it’s all about her “trauma” :judgingu4:

Sometimes I believe in the power of gatekeeping. :what:

yeah i see the album as a story of a young girl desperate for fame and willing to do anything to have it. it talks about traumatic things in a """pretty""" way but isn't that just her way of seeing it? i wonder how people can't view these songs as criticism rather than romantization

Just now, Trash Magic said:

“I only ever told my mother” comes across very sus now too 🥴 conspiracy Patty pushed her has arrived

the way she just smiled through the pain so her family wouldn't find out she had broken ribs and then had patty looking at her across the table during dinner that same night like

giphy-downsized-large.gif

:true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

yeah i see the album as a story of a young girl desperate for fame and willing to do anything to have it. it talks about traumatic things in a """pretty""" way but isn't that just her way of seeing it? i wonder how people can't view these songs as criticism rather than romantization

I agree! I think everyone under the sun has said that bit about romanticization (even about Ultraviolence when it came out), whereas I always found it to be half-rooted in truth and half-rooted in a subversive exploration of otherwise stigmatized topics. Even if it is a discussion of so-called traumatic things, I can’t help but feel that people put words in Lana’s mouth in an attempt to use their dismissal of that record for their own performative, virtue-signalling purposes lol. 

52 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

She once called herself "Gangsta Nancy Sinatra"

That's iconic !, really one of the highlights of the born to die era, as in an alternate reality where Lana is the daughter of Frank Sinatra (Nancy), but involved in her dad's business, or well maybe more openly

:agree:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

On 11/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Not really a fact but I would like to air my grievances with newer fans who claim that AKA is completely unlistenable and that you’re “not a true fan” if you enjoy that record because it “glamorizes grooming and drug addiction” and Lana has allegedly come out of the woodwork and has said that it’s all about her “trauma” :judgingu4:

Sometimes I believe in the power of gatekeeping. :what:

Do they really say that? Braindead rats.

I can’t tell if I dreamed this or if it was real but does anyone remember an interview where she talked about a movie(?) idea she had about an aspiring young starlet who goes crazy in her home or it’s haunted or something… that sounds like such a self insert for her lol basically the hope video she dropped on uhauljoe :true: anyways when I google it all that comes up is a James Franco interview from 2015 where he mentions the idea briefly, but for some reason I remember it in a video interview maybe around 2012 when asked if she wanted to try dabbling in acting or something..? I might’ve hallucinated this tho.. also sorry if this is too off track for the thread but I just thought of it lol

UbsOye5.png