The Siren

Lana songs you relate to Xmas/winter

im listening to Trash Magic for the hundreth time and was reminded by the xmas lights and tinsel lyric.

what other Lana songs remind you or have blatant lyric references to the holiday(s) or winter in general?

Weird but Honeymoon (album) always reminds me of Xmas. When I was 13 I had just started listening to music and collecting CDs etc and I had received a Honeymoon CD for Xmas and Sgnt Peppers by The Beatles on vinyl. I listened to them religiously during the Xmas period so listening to Honeymoon surrounded by Christmas lights is a comforting experience :hottie:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

i talk to jesus has christmas reference and it gives me “post-christmas” nostalgia vibes, but personally it reminds me more of may/june 2021 just because i was struggling at that time and this song helped me a lot

and i think cherry blossom has some winter feelings too, i really love listening to this song when it’s snowing

All of Chemtrails is very winter but especially Dark But Just a Game. Pawn Shop Blues just because obviously, Hit it & Run for no other reason other than it was the only song I listened to for the whole month of January a few years ago, Angels Forever gives me like a sunny winter day where the roads are wet and there is still a tiny bit of snow and the sun is reflecting on it,  Live or Die because it reminds me of a movie I watched when I was little about these Christian kids getting trapped in a school because of a blizzard :rip: 

giphy.gif 

Ultraviolence and AKA are very winter-y to me (even though sonically they're summer albums). I think it's because the times in my life that I got really into them were during the winter. In terms of songs I associate with Christmas, definitely Trash Magic, Smarty, Pin Up Galore, Be My Daddy and How To Disappear 

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Ultraviolence and AKA are very winter-y to me (even though sonically they're summer albums). I think it's because the times in my life that I got really into them were during the winter. In terms of songs I associate with Christmas, definitely Trash Magic, Smarty, Pin Up Galore, Be My Daddy and How To Disappear 

i saw a comment on tiktok that said Ultraviolence is snow in february and i literally gasped because it’s so true. it only ever snows here in february and when it was snowing last year i listened to UV daily 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Oh Say Can You See

For me, it’s the embodiment of walking through a city at night & it being cold enough to see your breath—a hoodie-wearing track imo

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I would have to say NFR!/Bartender/Happiness is a Butterfly due to the music video that premiered back in December of 2019. I remember just aimlessly walking out in the snow that day, and I received a notification from YouTube, so I stopped next to a vending machine just to watch the whole thing. Continued watching and listening throughout the winter as I stayed home and watched the snow fall and the river freeze. Truth be told, it reminds me more of the end of the year - how life currently is, but wanting more and hoping to be more by the next year. ❤️

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

i would say that a lot of her "surf noir" songs should feel reminiscent of summer, however they really remind me of christmas because of the kitschy, mellow vibes, trash magic demo 1 especially! 4th of july also reminds me of christmas since it leaked last christmas eve, so sometimes when i listen to it, i'm reminded of how pretty it looked outside (lots of snow, beautiful, bright, blue sky) :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123