6 minutes ago, Mer said:

a receding hairline is a type of alopecia. Alopecia is simply the medical term for "bald". 

alopecia is not the medical term for being bald, it’s a condition where the body attacks the hair because it believes it’s a foreign object, it likely wasn’t jada’s choice to be bald if she does suffer from the condition, which is why that comment may have been hurtful to her, again, that doesn’t justify will’s actions, it just bothers me to see people spread misinformation about a health problem which can be very difficult for somebody to live with, especially the stigma that surrounds it, since it changes your appearance, regardless if “alopecia” is also a more formal way of saying “bald”, it isn’t typical for a woman or anybody of a younger age to suddenly lose a lot of hair to the point where they’re nearly “bald”, that’s why it’s known as a health condition 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Alopecia, pattern hair loss, "receiding hairline" are medical terms. :scoff:

Anyways, the joke was in poor taste, but Will Smith proceeded to assault Chris Rock... What a bizarre evening. 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it likely wasn’t jada’s choice to be bald if she does suffer from the condition, which is why that comment may have been hurtful to her, again, that doesn’t justify will’s actions

this!!!! spill!!!!!

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

alopecia is not the medical term for being bald

"Alopecia is the medical term for bald". --American Academy of Dermatology Association

You're talking about Alopecia Areata, which Jada never mentioned. She simply said she has "alopecia". But this is ridiculous the point is it wasn't even an offensive joke. Demi looked hot in that movie. Jada and Will need to get a grip. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

"Alopecia is the medical term for bald". 

You're talking about Alopecia Areata, which Jada never mentioned. She simply said she has "alopecia". But this is ridiculous the point is it wasn't even an offensive joke. Demi looked hot in that movie. Jada and Will need to get a grip. 

i’m not even talking about the joke, i’m talking about the fact that you’re spreading misinformation/minimizing her experience, just because she didn’t say the entire scientific name doesn’t mean she has the actual condition, everybody who has the condition just simply calls it “alopecia”, if she was simply bald by choice or something she would just say she was bald, this really shouldn’t be that difficult of a concept, she doesn’t need to state it by it’s full scientific name in order to confirm she has the condition, i don’t call my depression “major depressive disorder”, but does that mean i’m just depressed for one moment? & i don’t have the actual condition? no!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

How low is the bar for Billie to win with that song. 

when will people be over her? I am a Hater.

As you should, that song was an absolute bore and it's literally been out for more than two years. I just know Lin-Manuel Miranda is punching air right now. :dafuq:

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i’m not even talking about the joke! i’m talking about the fact that you’re spreading misinformation/minimizing her experiences, just because she didn’t say the entire scientific name doesn’t mean she has the actual condition, everybody who has the condition just simply calls it “alopecia”, if she was simply bald by choice or something she would just simply say she was bald, this really shouldn’t be thar difficult of a concept, she doesn’t need to state it by it’s full scientific name, i don’t call my depression “major depressive disorder”, but does that mean i’m just depressed for one moment? & i don’t have the actual condition? no!

Omg I'm not "minimizing her experience" I just don't think that it justified a slap on live TV nor is it a "serious medical condition". It's something many people suffer from and have to deal with jokes. The reaction to it was absurd. 

Also point to exactly where I am "spreading misinformation" bc that is a cruel and viscous thing to say and I would have never expected it from you. 

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

Omg I'm not "minimizing her experience" I just don't think that it justified a slap on live TV nor is it a "serious medical condition". It's something many people suffer from and have to deal with jokes. The reaction to it was absurd. 

Also point to exactly where I am "spreading misinformation" bc that is a cruel and viscous thing to say and I would have never expected it from you. 

it was originally the fact that you originally acted as if she didn’t suffer from the actual “alopecia” condition, rather she was just bald, & i felt bothered by that because if she says she has alopecia, it’s way more likely she actually has the medical condition which causes the unusual lose of hair, which i think is different from being simply bald, i felt like you had a hard time understanding that, & at one point it seemed as though you didn’t think she actually had the condition because she didn’t call it by the entire scientific name, & maybe i didn’t understand correctly & i should’ve worded it better, but it felt like for several posts you were claiming that alopecia (the actual condition) & simply being bald were the same thing, & maybe i was wrong for interpreting it like that, i don’t even know why i’m getting so heated about this, it’s ultimately not a massive deal but i felt like you were misunderstanding what alopecia actually was, because there’s a difference between being bald & having alopecia, even if they both technically fall under the same name

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

it was originally the fact that you originally acted as if she didn’t suffer from the actual “alopecia” condition, rather she was just bald, & i found that offensive because if she says she has alopecia, it’s way more likely she actually has the medical condition which causes the unusual lose of hair, which i think is different from being simply bald, i felt like you had a hard time understanding that, & at one point it seemed as though you didn’t think she actually had the condition because she didn’t call it by the entire scientific name, & maybe i didn’t understand correctly & i should’ve worded it better, but it felt like for several posts you were claiming that alopecia (the actual condition) & simply being bald were the same thing, & maybe i was wrong for interpreting it like that, i don’t even know why i’m getting so heated about this, it’s ultimately not a massive deal but i felt like you were misunderstanding what alopecia actually was, because there’s a difference between being bald & having alopecia, even if they both technically fall under the same name

Maybe I was unclear and I apologize for getting you worked up about it. I didn't meant to push buttons. 

I'm gonna go to bed. Sorry to anyone who was offended by the fact that I equated alopecia with baldness. 

Although the joke was in poor taste & it comes with a stigma to people that suffer any form of hairloss... the biggest takeaway from this situation, to me, is that someone thought that the way to handle this situation was to get up on stage a throw a punch. :derpna2:

25 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

How low is the bar for Billie to win with that song. 

when will people be over her? I am a Hater.

im always surprised shes still getting awards bc everyone i know is either over her music & has been for several months now, or was never into it from the beginning. and personally i just find her stuff miserable :crossed: