1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

I nominate this slap scene in the categories "Best Drama" and "Action"

Reveal hidden contents

if you condemn this, then also every movie scene where someone defends his girlfriend or wife in the same way e.g. Back to the Future. And a slap in the face is still the most harmless thing

i'm not trying to be rude with what i'm about to say but you should probably stop talking - what you're saying sounds a bit ignorant

anyways coda looks good i might watch it considering it won :lolliney:

also even though the beyoncé song was pretty average it should've won over william eyehair

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

That was so unacceptable and embarrassing. As if there are people trying to defend Will's actions?? A lot of people look up to him and he's showing them that violence is cool and you can be applauded right after. And then he gives a completely unhinged speech about how love makes you do crazy things to protect your family and that the devil made him do it. :pls:

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

That was so unacceptable and embarrassing. As if there are people trying to defend Will's actions?? A lot of people look up to him and he's showing them that violence is cool and you can be applauded right after. And then he gives a completely unhinged speech about how love makes you do crazy things to protect your family and that the devil made him do it. :pls:

:mariah:

14 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The Devil: will, u literally laughed at the joke first

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

not cool, if he really wanted to call him out he could have yelled at him or gotten on stage and yelled at him or something like that, no need for violence in that situation

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

this is just a normal reaction if someone hurts the feelings of your partner

He‘s a comedian and was doing his job. He didn‘t attack her, it was a simple joke. You may not like that joke or even feel hurt, but that doesn‘t give you the right to literally assault someone. 

It‘s sad. It should have been the moment to celebrate the movie business and the entertainment everybody needs from time to time to get distracted from a global pandemic and all the wars going on. Instead it was a 54 years old man who behaved aggressively and very immature because of a joke.

edit: the same man who then claimed to be „a vessel of love“ :scoff:

I'm gonna be honest, I'm just glad something interesting actually happened at an award show. They've been so boring the past few years :coffee: In all seriousness, though, is it bad that I don't really have an opinion on this? Like yeah, it's not good that it happened, but I don't really know how I should feel about it lol 

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, jvcx said:

This is from the La La Land - Moonlight incident. I don't think anyone included in the pic was actually even there last night.

3 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

that picture of ryan gosling is from 2017 :awkney: ALL of the pictures are

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

i feel like people took this tweet a bit literally cause i think op was just using the 2017 pics to poke fun at both situations at once

Oh I know I figured the tweet was a joke, either way her face is still killing me:blush:

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, COCC said:

He‘s a comedian and was doing his job. He didn‘t attack her, it was a simple joke. You may not like that joke or even feel hurt, but that doesn‘t give you the right to literally assault someone. 

A joke on the cost of someone, especially on their appearance is bad. You can also not make a racist joke or something, I don't know how it's called in this situation. He maybe didn't know from her illness but even then it was not good. I also heard that he had some problems with Will's family before.

I think in this situation Will reacted pure emotionally without thinking what he's doing and what consequences it has. That was not very clever, especially if the whole world is watching. But he later regretted it, and Chris hasn't filed a complaint yet, so I think they're at peace now.

An emotional pain can sometimes hurt more than a physical one.

13 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

A joke on the cost of someone, especially on their appearance is bad. You can also not make a racist joke or something, I don't know how it's called in this situation. He maybe didn't know from her illness but even then it was not good. I also heard that he had some problems with Will's family before.

I think in this situation Will reacted pure emotionally without thinking what he's doing. That was not very clever, especially if the whole world is watching. But he later regretted it, and Chris hasn't filed a complaint yet, so I think they're at peace now.

With all due respect, you do realize how ridiculous this is? The ends are inherent in the means and this is how violence begets violence and the vicious cycle is passed on and on ceaselessly. I hope there is a moment of forgiveness and atonement here but that comes with a mea culpa and a trying to understand why wrong is wrong. And hunny, violence is always wrong.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

12 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think in this situation Will reacted pure emotionally without thinking what he's doing and what consequences it has. That was not very clever, especially if the whole world is watching. But he later regretted it, and Chris hasn't filed a complaint yet, so I think they're at peace now.

yes the joke was in poor taste but it doesn’t excuse violence 

also the speech was NOT an apology it was damage control 

all of this because jada was a little offended over a joke about her involuntary baldness

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I nominate this slap scene in the categories "Best Drama" and "Action"

Reveal hidden contents

if you condemn this, then also every movie scene where someone defends his girlfriend or wife in the same way e.g. Back to the Future. And a slap in the face is still the most harmless thing

Bro what is wrong with you?

You seem soooo intent on making excuses for violent behaviour and coming from a 40-something year old man that is particularly alarming.

Please cease

Movies =/= real life, obviously

Jesus

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

he should've saved that energy for his daughter for releasing that racist and islamophobic book 

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the smith regime needs to be overthrown :true:

willow's book made my blood boil, don't know why he's getting mad at a joke when his daughter's out there calling indigenous groups, from a continent she has no business in, 'savages' and 'thieves' :scoff:

idk something seems a little bit off about the smiths in general 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆