Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

20 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I'm not condoning this. I'm explaining the rationale and precedence here. I believe Ukraine deserves sovereignty. I also understand that its territories have been indistinguishably linked to Russia for over 400 years. I think Zelenskyy should put aside his pride, understand he is dealing with a dictator, and cease any aim for buddyship with U.S. through NATO if it means protecting his people. 

this is not about pride. you realize thats an admission of the west caving in, coming with all the possible implications for the future? so, next time putin doesnt get what he wants, he just invades another country, it worked so well last time? and other countries with batshit leaders are gonna follow suit. delusional

image.png

14 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i understand that you're not condoning the situation, but i just want to make it clear that being 'indistinguishably linked' to a land does not give you the right to invade it. this is the exact argument the zionists use to justify the israelian occupation. :awkney:

Alright, queen.

3 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

this is not about pride. you realize thats an admission of the west caving in, coming with all the possible implications for the future? so, next time putin doesnt get what he wants, he just invades another country, it worked so well last time? and other countries with batshit leaders are gonna follow suit. delusional

I suppose, but I don't personally see Putin as a tyrannical leader whose aim is world domination. I see him as a sad man trying to reassemble the vestiges of a lost Empire. Passivity may risk further expansion into those former territories, but I don't think it'll set a precedent at large. 

We might have some misunderstandings i suppose, but gorls, there are people DYING, there are literally innocent people got involved in this bullshit.

Let's start there.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i think about everything that's been happening in the world in the past few years (covid-19, climate crisis, war & instability, prices rising, etc.) & it really feels like we're heading towards very dark times... i wonder if people who have lived through ww1, ww2, & the great depression, ever felt the same way when times were difficult? perhaps they did, maybe they still had hope, but it just feels like we're going past a point of no return...

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I suppose, but I don't personally see Putin as a tyrannical leader whose aim is world domination. I see him as a sad man trying to reassemble the vestiges of a lost Empire. Passivity may risk further expansion into those former territories, but I don't think it'll set a precedent at large. 

a sad tyrant is still a tyrant, what kind of point are you trying to make?

and yea right, let us all pretend china didnt wait for a situation like that to see what international reactions a possible invasion of Taiwan might provoke

image.png

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think about everything that's been happening in the world in the past few years (covid-19, climate crisis, war & instability, prices rising, etc.) & it really feels like we're heading towards very dark times... i wonder if people who have lived through ww1, ww2, & the great depression, ever felt the same way when times were difficult? perhaps they did, maybe they still had hope, but it just feels like we're going past a point of no return...

I think that that's a sentiment people have felt throughout all of history. I've been thinking about the past as well. The world in general to me sometimes seems like one giant dark time. And I feel like the point of no return was past years and years ago (although that's just me lol) Dark times in our world have happened before and, sadly, will most likely continue to do so. But I try to remember that other people have felt this way too. It's not much in terms of helpfulness, but it's something. 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

a sad tyrant is still a tyrant, what kind of point are you trying to make?

and yea right, let us all pretend china didnt wait for a situation like that to see what international reactions a possible invasion of Taiwan might provoke

I'm not entirely in favor of nations involving themselves in foreign conflicts. U.S. intervention may only escalate the situation. As far as China goes, say what you will about Putin, but he isn't a genocidal maniac like Xi Ping. And similar sanctions should have been placed on China ages ago. But of course that ain't happening.

Just now, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I'm not entirely in favor of nations involving themselves in foreign conflicts. U.S. intervention may only escalate the situation. As far as China goes, say what you will about Putin, but he isn't a genocidal maniac like Xi Ping. And sanctions should have been placed on China ages ago. But of course that ain't happening.

his actions are still killing innocent people & putting their lives at danger, so...? 

WGe8ynS.gif

9 minutes ago, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

I see him as a sad man trying to reassemble the vestiges of a lost Empire.

awwwww poor putin aww he misses his dear empire toy that fell apart a long time ago awww i guess we just have to give him ukraine, the entire world even, maybe then he would no longer feel sad :((( 

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

his actions are still killing innocent people & putting their lives at danger, so...? 

War, for the purpose of its conquest, as brutal and as inhumane as it is, is a reality of the world. Ethnic cleansing is another story. 

Just now, Gorgeous Gardenia said:

War, for the purpose of its conquest, as brutal and as inhumane as it is, is a reality of the world. Ethnic cleansing is another story. 

just because something is "the reality of the world" doesn't mean it's okay, there's 1000s of things that are the "reality of the world" which are harmful/negative to people/society, let's just let innocent people with lives, dreams, & families die because it's "just the way the world is" :bye:

WGe8ynS.gif

please don't be rude to this question but don't things like this happen all the time but it just isn't so public and spoken about? im confused as to why people are calling it a war? again please don't come for me i'm genuinly curious

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e