Rust Dress

Lana with Jack Antonoff at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA - April 2nd, 2022

29 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Lana said in December that the next album was going to be better than BB, so I’d assume she had a good number of songs done to come to that conclusion. 

she didn‘t lie when she called White Dress a (very?) good song, so we‘re definitely getting a masterpiece with LDR 9 :oprah2:

i just get confused by lana because she states so often that she doesn’t do what the critics or public want - yet her last 3 albums seem to be curated with critics in mind (particularly her last 2). not that i don’t like these albums, i love them lots lol. but i’m confused where her inspirations or motives for making albums at the moment is

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i just get confused by lana because she states so often that she doesn’t do what the critics or public want - yet her last 3 albums seem to be curated with critics in mind (particularly her last 2). not that i don’t like these albums, i love them lots lol. but i’m confused where her inspirations or motives for making albums at the moment is

the only album in her discography that was curated for the critics was Blue Banisters - there are some songs on other albums that do diss them like Brooklyn Baby but Blue Banisters was her revenge. NFR! and Chemtrails were just her having fun and the fact that's she able to have fun again is gonna be an indication that LDR9 is gonna be amazing :party:

7 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I just hope it’s not full of random demos from 5+ years ago

this. It was a cute moment on BB to have living legend, cherry blossom, etc find a forever home, but I prefer albums that’s are crafted as their own bodies of work generally, without going back and padding it with stuff that’s been recorded long before the album they are on is even an idea. Re-recorded versions are a different story, she can do that all she wants. Just no old recordings plz. 

16 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

How are some people so sure that her most recent albums are unauthentic? Has Lana said anything to indicate that? Artists are allowed to change their musical and writing styles. She clearly is in a more low key phase of her life right now and the music indicates that. Just because you can no longer relate to the music or don’t like the soundscapes she has been using on her albums does not mean that she is not being authentic. 

Not sure but if this was directed at me but I just wanna clarify I do not at all think that (nor did I write it). But I can like A a little less than B even if both are authentic. 

If this was directed at somebody else, ignore.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

20 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

How are some people so sure that her most recent albums are unauthentic? Has Lana said anything to indicate that? Artists are allowed to change their musical and writing styles. She clearly is in a more low key phase of her life right now and the music indicates that. Just because you can no longer relate to the music or don’t like the soundscapes she has been using on her albums does not mean that she is not being authentic. 

It was me who said that I found the Lana, or the 'Lana persona,' on NFR! "the least authentic" of all her albums (not "completely inauthentic"). 

I didn't say that COCC or BB seemed "inauthentic" or the LDR persona found on them seemed "inauthentic" to me. I said that COCC and BB are two of my favorite LDR albums. In terms of tone, BB is probably my favorite of all her LDR albums, period. And I do relate strongly to both of those albums. 

I also said I don't hate JA and that I recently praised his work on Lorde's 'Solar Power' here.  

Just now, Pale Fire said:

Y’all don’t think NFR was for the critics??? Lol…. What

i don't understand the NFR supremacists honestly :awkney2:

even though COCC isn't my favorite album you can make a stronger argument towards that album than NFR :scoff:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

There’s a rumour Taylor could release an EP of collabs very soon… who knows?

i know those twitter leakers are extremely unreliable but they said lorde and lana would be featured

Spoiler

and hopefully my fav nikki lane

23 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

not lana holding her vape:toofunny:

taylor is giving in to lana’s peer pressure and is now a nicotine addict