Rust Dress

Lana with Jack Antonoff at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA - April 2nd, 2022

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I hope she ditches the “everything’s done in one take” thing and records her vocals a couple of times cause some of the vocal moments on Blue Banisters were just very unpleasent to listen to. That rougher unpolished sound only works in her lower register tbh, an off key falsetto is Not cute. It doesn’t give the music a more real sound, it just makes it sound bad.

but did you know that something bad can turn into something b e A y o o t i f U l

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Blue Banisters was a weird album that I do not find the need to revisit at all. Since Jack did not put his hands on it, and I do really enjoy the first three tracks of COCC, I might as well be in love with this new record or despise it the way I do the critics-and-general-public-hello-i'm-calling-you-please-like-me-NFR. The point is, I happen to hate his guitar, and he did even incorporate it in King by Florence + the Machine, damnit... So well, we'll see. A hit or miss.

original.gif

Pour the hate on me but, I had some hope with the exotic side she had lately (her looks, back to motels, bad boys, Lanita...) but seeing her with Jack has m got cold. :facepalm: 

I was really hoping not to see this again but I have a feeling we're going to drag Jack around for quite a while, so Lana's albums will be boring and pointless. The critics definitely extinguished all the flame that was in her, NFR! should never have been so acclaimed because they are going to want to recreate this success and it's not good. :(

I expect to be disappointed again for the next opus. Fortunately, "Cult leader" leaked, it helps to find a good and melodious Lana. I don't like Taylor Swift either, but I guess it's going to delight a lot of fans. As a fan of the first hour it's a continual nightmare :toofloppy:

I don't know what those fucking Muppets are putting in the air of that studio, but it has to be gold because some of her best songs ever have been recorded at the studio, so I'm excited 

imageproxy.jpg

Lana has not made a cohesive or so called conceptual album since Honeymoon. Everything after Honeymoon has been more or less a collection of songs she likes (judging by all the songs she mentions and eventually adds on the next album over and all the unreleased songs that we know of).

Collaborating with Jack didn't help in that department either. I have been harsh towards him, that I know, but he has made great songs with her. I'm just over people putting up with her wanting to downplay everything, musically speaking.

I just know Jack is that guy that when Lana says "can you make that part less intense/loud" or "make this and that instrument inaudible" or like "can you make the piano here sound as simplistic as possible", he's like "okay, Lana". Jack isn't a bad producer by any means, and I understand that artist don't necessarily want to make "bombastic music" all the time, but Lana's past three albums have been cute and nothing more (and I say this as someone that liked Chemtrails, but loved Blue Banisters)

I'm checking out now.

21 hours ago, BlueINK said:

No attack but you made this sound as if that's a fact when it's mostly true for the mainstream media. NFR is (in my opinion!) in no way the peak of her career musically. UV and Honeymoon (and also AKA) are. They have yet to be dethroned. The only reason why NFR is so popular is because Lana was trying to be more mainstream and was also trying to be "insta baddie" which attracted more casual listeners. The album and Lana herself were palatable and "easy to digest" at the time. But I personally don't need that. I actually came for the cinematography, the richness, the dark and controversial lyrics.

So if the new album exceeds NFR that's great but to me that wouldn't automatically make it a new career highlight.

Again, this is MY opinion but I'm sure that many longtime fans don't see NFR as her best album to date either.

And tbh - I don't give a shit about what the mainstream media and casual listeners think of her music or lyrics. I understand Lana would care (although not sure if she really does tbh) but I don't. I don't want anything careful, I want the full fucking drama. No Grammy needed.:lanahairflip2:

Absolutely agree. I found NFR! mediocre overall. Half of the songs sounded "like something she dreamt up in the tub," as one NME critic said about a Kate Bush album years ago. The songwriting was lazy. 

And while of course 'Venice Bitch' is a Lana Del Rey track, let's face it: Jack composed the instrumental parts of the song most people are enamored with. 'Doin' Time' was included at the last minute because it had had a positive response  when released for the documentary it was recorded for. The revised version of 'The Next Best American Record' was a shambles. 'Happiness Is A Butterfly' was like three song fragments mashed up into one in a rushed and unprofessional manner. 

My opinion. I find NFR! to be the least 'accurate' of her LDR albums, the most diluted, the one on which the authentic Lana appears the least. 

I don't hate JA or his work. I've praised it on the last Lorde album. I loved COCC on the whole (no pun intended). 

Rightful bashing of beautiful but I have to say this: the worst track of gers ever is BBS. Gross. Terrible vocals. Nonsense lyrics. General laziness with zero coherence. It cannot be a blueprint 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 hour ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I was really hoping not to see this again but I have a feeling we're going to drag Jack around for quite a while, so Lana's albums will be boring and pointless. The critics definitely extinguished all the flame that was in her, NFR! should never have been so acclaimed because they are going to want to recreate this success and it's not good. :(

I expect to be disappointed again for the next opus. Fortunately, "Cult leader" leaked, it helps to find a good and melodious Lana. I don't like Taylor Swift either, but I guess it's going to delight a lot of fans. As a fan of the first hour it's a continual nightmare :toofloppy:

They can burn us at the stake together because I fully agree  :blush2:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

22 hours ago, BlueINK said:

The only reason why NFR is so popular is because Lana was trying to be more mainstream and was also trying to be "insta baddie" which attracted more casual listeners. The album and Lana herself were palatable and "easy to digest" at the time. But I personally don't need that. I actually came for the cinematography, the richness, the dark and controversial lyrics.

So what you're proudly admitting is that you're a one-dimensional music consumer who has a preconceived notion of what Lana's music is supposed to sound like. If it doesn't meet your preconceived notion, you just dismiss it. That's the worst way to approach music or any art and it's a very common trait among ''fans'' on this site. And that's why I often say that hardcore fans are the artist's worst enemy because they're the ones who try to put them in a box and constrain them.

NFR is so popular because it's a great album. The strongest and most consistent album of Lana's career. There's no conspiracy there.

thats-the-truth-jack-antonoff.gif

20 hours ago, Jared said:

So what you're proudly admitting is that you're a one-dimensional music consumer who has a preconceived notion of what Lana's music is supposed to sound like. If it doesn't meet your preconceived notion, you just dismiss it. That's the worst way to approach music or any art and it's a very common trait among ''fans'' on this site. And that's why I often say that hardcore fans are the artist's worst enemy because they're the ones who try to put them in a box and constrain them.

NFR is so popular because it's a great album. The strongest and most consistent album of Lana's career. There's no conspiracy there.

Whatever you think about me is fine with me tbh :whatever2: I am a lazy person. I'm not gonna fight over this. I know myself better than you do.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, Jared said:

:whoopi::awk::yawn:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Jared said:

You've made it clear that you don't even like Lana's music outside of her work with Jack, so I could say the same for you :coffee: 

imageproxy.jpg