Rust Dress

Lana with Jack Antonoff at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA - April 2nd, 2022

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

So what you're proudly admitting is that you're a one-dimensional music consumer who has a preconceived notion of what Lana's music is supposed to sound like. If it doesn't meet your preconceived notion, you just dismiss it. That's the worst way to approach music or any art and it's a very common trait among ''fans'' on this site. And that's why I often say that hardcore fans are the artist's worst enemy because they're the ones who try to put them in a box and constrain them.

NFR is so popular because it's a great album. The strongest and most consistent album of Lana's career. There's no conspiracy there.

thats-the-truth-jack-antonoff.gif

Ā 

One day we'll have concrete proof that you'reĀ truly Jack in disguise, or that you're squatting Jack's basement

Can we go one day without fighting about this, or at least go one day without trying to change other people's opinionsĀ :stareney2:

Ā 

I'm the king.mp3 of starting these debates, but now it's getting old, even to me.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Lana has not made a cohesive or so called conceptual album since Honeymoon. Everything after Honeymoon has been more or less a collection of songs she likes (judging by all the songs she mentions and eventually adds on the next album over and all the unreleased songs that we know of).

I don't thinkĀ conceptual andĀ cohesiveĀ should be considered the same thing. A conceptual album is about the lyrics whether it is about the same topic or follow a clear storyline. A cohesive record is more about the sound and instruments used. I don't think Lana has any concept albums but UV, HM and Chemtrails were highly cohesive

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I don't thinkĀ conceptual andĀ cohesiveĀ should be considered the same thing. A conceptual album is about the lyrics whether is about the same topic or follow a clear storyline. A cohesive record is more about the sound and instruments used. I don't think Lana has any concept albums but UV, HM and Chemtrails were highly cohesive

either way her albums haven't been conceptual or that cohesive after Honeymoon.Ā 

Just now, COCC said:

Thereā€˜s a picture on the wall

:bebe:

with me and a John Deere :bebe:Ā 

---------------------------------------------------------------

OMG people pls calm down :bebe:Ā 

I've been on a Lana streaming streak so I right now can't decide which Lana album I like the better, but for sure I love them all for different reasons. If you ask me, I'm very intrigued to hear what is she working on now,Ā even if it's with JackĀ once again :oopna2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

either way her albums haven't been conceptual or that cohesive after Honeymoon.Ā 

HM is her most cohesive. Periodt.Ā 
LFL is easily her least (which might be why it is so hated here by so many).Ā But I find all of her other projects just diverse enough. Not trying to convince anyone here: weā€™re all entitled to our opinions.Ā 

Honeymoon, Ultraviolence,Ā and Chemtrails Over the Country Club are her most cohesive records, in that order. Lust for Life, NFR and Blue Banisters are her least cohesive. I didn't even know this was up for debate.Ā 

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

As I mentioned on the LDR9 thread, whether we like it or not, there was some ā€œunfinished businessā€ with Jack after Chemtrails: the pandemic made it hard to work with him via Zoom. Iā€™m just curious how much he is involved on LDR9, if he is indeed the main producerĀ 

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

Thereā€˜s a picture on the wall

:bebe:

Of another Jack debateĀ 

Lana posted on Instagram

with Taylor Swift to celebrateĀ 

Jaaaaack's grammyyyyĀ 

Mmmm, mmm

Ā 

Jared made a comeback

Much to everyone's dismayĀ 

To start even more fights

Coming quickly in the wake

of Jaaaaack's grammyyy

Mmmm, mmm

Ā 

Every thread became a fight

About Jack or Nikki LaneĀ 

I said, "can you all just chillĀ 

And talk about something else for a change?"Ā 

She said, "you can't wait for LDR9 and be happy tooĀ 

You can't rehash the same argument anytime you're bored

and be happy"

And that scared meĀ 

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā imageproxy.jpg

26 minutes ago, Jared said:

So what you're proudly admitting is that you're a one-dimensional music consumer who has a preconceived notion of what Lana's music is supposed to sound like. If it doesn't meet your preconceived notion, you just dismiss it. That's the worst way to approach music or any art and it's a very common trait among ''fans'' on this site. And that's why I often say that hardcore fans are the artist's worst enemy because they're the ones who try to put them in a box and constrain them.

NFR is so popular because it's a great album. The strongest and most consistent album of Lana's career. There's no conspiracy there.

thats-the-truth-jack-antonoff.gif

Ā 

youā€™re right tho, you canā€™t just dislike an album just because of what she was going for if you like the cinematography, richness, and tracks lolĀ 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Honeymoon, Ultraviolence,Ā and Chemtrails Over the Country Club are her most cohesive records, in that order. Lust for Life, NFR and Blue Banisters are her least cohesive. I didn't even know this was up for debate.Ā 

It's true.

Ā 

PQqJtR1.gif

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

It's true.

Ā 

PQqJtR1.gif

Bestie

Ā 

source.gif

Ā 

How are some people so sure that her most recent albums are unauthentic? Has Lana said anything to indicate that?Ā Artists are allowed to change their musical and writingĀ styles.Ā She clearly is in a more low key phase of her life right nowĀ and the music indicates that. Just because you can no longer relate to the music or donā€™t like the soundscapes she has been using on her albums does not mean that she is not being authentic.Ā 

if anything iā€™d say her new albums are her MOST authentic

Ā 

itā€™s just that the production is reverby and washed out

Ā 

edit: this goes for both the jack albums & blue banisters which means itā€™s probably a lana thing and not necessarily a jack thing

Ā 

i think blue banisters just has better songs which is why i prefer it over the jack albums :oprah3:

Ā 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Lana said in December that the next album was going to be better than BB, so Iā€™d assume she had a good number of songs done to come to that conclusion.Ā 
Ā 

Did her and Jack just start working together again recently or have they been recording for awhile now and just now decided to open up about it??

Ā 

I hope loved you then and now/Rock Candy sweet finally finds itā€™s home.

Ā 

(and BOZā€™s favorite song from BB that Lana scrapped)Ā 

"Donā€™t forget me"

37 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

How are some people so sure that her most recent albums are unauthentic? Has Lana said anything to indicate that?Ā Artists are allowed to change their musical and writingĀ styles.Ā She clearly is in a more low key phase of her life right nowĀ and the music indicates that. Just because you can no longer relate to the music or donā€™t like the soundscapes she has been using on her albums does not mean that she is not being authentic.Ā 

I certainly think COCC and BB are authentic. They're two of my favorites of all her LDR records.Ā 

22 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Lana said in December that the next album was going to be better than BB, so Iā€™d assume she had a good number of songs done to come to that conclusion.Ā 
Ā 

Did her and Jack just start working together again recently or have they been recording for awhile now and just now decided to open up about it??

Ā 

I hope loved you then and now/Rock Candy sweet finally finds itā€™s home.

Ā 

(and BOZā€™s favorite song from BB that Lana scrapped)Ā 

Wasnā€™t BOZā€™s fav that got scrapped Fine china?