Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I’m so curious about what the “variety” will sound like!

I don’t think the soundscapes will be quite as polarizing as what we heard on LFL (which could make sense given BoZ’s distinction of LDR9 from LFL), but I definitely think we’ll have more options for upbeat and somber tracks that are still in the same vein sonically. 

Then again, maybe she’ll surprise us with something really unexpected: I always think about about the possibility of The Trio being a clue for LDR9 that blends her love of outlaw country influences and hip-hop—the absolute meltdowns that would occur:ma:

personally I think whatever happens on LDR9 will be excellent & I’m here for it:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

The real question is if Rick Nowels is involved :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

No way BOZ was talking about Polachek's album because she will never work with Jack lol (as she should!). He was definitely describing LDR9

I’ve seen a handful of people say that it’s possible the Jack tweets were separate from BoZ’s other ones, but I agree with you! It really seems like the most likely scenario!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

if nfr and btd go together (popularity), cotcc and uv go to together (less popular chart/billboard/radio wise, more raw than the previous album, less commercial but still somewhat commercial), and hm and bb go together (vanity projects, less fanfare around release, reflections on self and past) …

lfl and ldr9 go together (which fits with the “variety” thing we got from boz) :really: maybe not sonically though .. cause boz said they weren’t alike i think, but i feel like there will be similar aspects .. a return to a bigger era perhaps? beautiful visuals? variety and power? some self reflection and some hot iconic tracks? commercial appeal? bombastic??? i see it coming … don’t tell me i’m delusional, i’m just wild!

sUcVobB.png

Just now, honeybadger said:

if nfr and btd go together (popularity), cotcc and uv go to together (less popular, more raw than the previous album, less commercial but still somewhat commercial), and hm and bb go together (vanity projects, less fanfare around release, reflections on self and past) …

lfl and ldr9 go together (which fits with the “variety” thing we got from boz) :really: maybe not sonically though .. but i feel like there will be similar aspects .. a return to a bigger era perhaps? beautiful visuals? variety and power? some self reflection and some hot iconic tracks? commercial appeal? bombastic??? i see it coming … don’t tell me i’m delusional, i’m just wild!

Omg yes!!! Flashbacks to the “trilogy” comment (even if it was just speculation)!!!! LDR9 is coming for everyone’s throats!!!:oprah4:

Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

No way BOZ was talking about Polachek's album because she will never work with Jack lol (as she should!). He was definitely describing LDR9. 

an actual album trailer on the 7th would be insane by the way

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Where is their Grammy:scream:

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to purchase one for her

13 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I fear Eclipse knows it’s an album announcement bc he’s already seen the album trailer that’s sitting on the LDR YouTube channel unlisted today..

which youtube unlisted video and how do u know:hdu:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

Why are so many of y’all putting out the worst possible energy :thumb2:

she is announcing the album (eclipse already made a thread about it on ATRL) 

her website is down and insiders are talking about the album. There’s no way we’re only getting a single announcement or an announcement for an announcement Wednesday :bebe:

can u link the ATRL thread please?

edit: nevermind I found 2 threads about it

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/422280-lana-album-announcement-coming-on-the-7th/#comments

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/422529-are-you-ready-for-the-plethora-of-music-coming-in-early-2023/#comments

Edited by hashtagtylerh

I really hope we get another crumb today. I know it’s only 3 days away but I need something to speculate & write a tiny essay on:icant:

Sylvia Plath