Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 hours ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

such an intelligent, thoughtful, revelatory post - frame this in LB hall of fame because it's just too beautiful of an analysis to be forgotten default_xufTV.gif

the fact 111 liked a post asking if he’s seen the album cover, insinuating he has, and included in his theory that this album would be witchy/coven-y

we’re really in for a serve i fear…

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

the fact 111 liked a post asking if he’s seen the album cover, insinuating he has, and included in his theory that this album would be witchy/coven-y

Maybe another B&W cover?lol. I guess that’s why she randomly posted the LfL trailer back in June.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

to be honest i really don’t think we’re getting any music videos for this era, if we do i think it’s gonna be something the second Arcadia video. while i think people have been exaggerating how the robbery possibly changed plans for this album rollout, i do think that it affected all of the plans she had for the videos, and tbh knowing lana i don’t think she would really care to film anything else now that everything she did have was lost

7 hours ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

The Nikki Flop part truly gave me life, I feel renewed.:ma:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, TextBook said:

Another B&W cover I guess lol

hmm i don’t know if it would be full b&w, but judging off the flower pic neil posted (and assuming he posted it because it fit the vibe of his work on this album) i think it’ll be dark and moody, but still some pops of (pale) colors

14 hours ago, brandon said:

XYcGzhZ4pa63AtYv.jpg

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Imagine if the cover is in B&W but the flowers are colirized Neil style :krylie: 

It would be so pretty if done right (and I trust Neil)

I WAS GONNA POST THIS OMFG OUR MINDS 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Release on the 9th? :dua: I don't believe it, otherwise there would have been a leak by now if record stores have it in their system internally.

It would be amazing and exciting but there's no way her label would agree to have a 2 day preoder :thumb2: and I doubt they pressed vinyls in 2 months

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Release on the 9th? :dua: I don't believe it, otherwise there would have been a leak by now if record stores have it in their system internally.

Ok I’m opening up my Record Store excel and getting the emails sent out!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

sure grandma let’s get you to bed… 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Didn’t she repost a vid of theirs on her story a while back? Maybe she gave them the inside scoop hold onn Spin Me Round record store exclusive vinyl variation is coming December 9th :oprah:

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

It would be amazing and exciting but there's no way her label would agree to have a 2 day preoder :thumb2: and I doubt they pressed vinyls in 2 months

While I agree, I think it’s interesting that Lana has reposted that record store multiple times

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7