Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

It’s cute but not fresh. Sounds like a mix of all of her ballads (Valley Of The Dolls, anyone?). Definitely not a material for album’s first single. I expected something fresh, experimental from her but I’m afraid she left her experimental-self with her persona.

Wow it truly is a beautiful song and makes me emotional and nostalgic hearing new Marina for the first time in a long time, I do think it's not as powerful as her previous leads I mean Hollywood, Primadonna, Froot...they're just so defining of each era and this one is more of an album track to me. That being said it's one of those songs that you'll definitely listen to again and again, it's not forgettable and it's not boring. Just not lead worthy I don't think...

its not bad but it sounds childish and nursery rhyme-like. its like she could've gone either for a ballad or a happy cute song and she decided to go for both

again, not bad, i just wish she had gone a stronger way production wise because right now it sounds like everything and nothing at all at the same time. i hope the rest of the album takes on a clearer path 

I find the criticism of the lyrics funny since this honestly sounds like something Lana would come up with― blue, paradise, forever, heaven, strange weather, birds of a feather, come alive. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Ok, WOW I LOVE THIS!! It's like pop mixed with magic and nature and love and happiness - it's such a great combination! I agree some of the lyrics are simple but I think that's what Marina's going for this era: removing all the embellishments. And there's nothing wrong with simple either - sometimes simple is best! I love the picture she paints with the lyrics, I'd imagine it as a song sung by a fairy in a forest or something like that, haha.