Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

23 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

A pop collab with two very different artists that actually got played on radio and had mainstream potential definitely made me more excited than a collab with an artist I hate and produced by my least favorite Lana producer who is very much a one-trick-pony and has served up her most boring and washed up projects šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

In case you needed an explanation, there you have it.

I meanā€¦ ok. To each their own lol

Ā 

donā€™t call me angelĀ is literally one of the worst songs Iā€™ve ever had curse my earsĀ 

Ā 

Iā€™ll take Taylor and JackĀ over that 100000%Ā 

Chemtrails was eh as a whole but the title track is one of her best in my opinion. And blue banistersĀ was great. Much better than lust for life, again, in my opinion.Ā 
Ā 

radio and mainstream sucks.Ā and I like Lana bc sheā€™s not that. I like folklore and evermore because theyā€™re the only thing Taylor has ever done that did not feel like THAT.Ā 
Ā 

so yeah, everything you listed is exactly why I AM excited lol

1 hour ago, 111 said:

malaria martinez and avril lavigne users getting brave huhĀ :air2:Ā some people are stuck in 2012 i fear... its 2022 and taylor does not suck anymore except when aircrafts are involvedĀ 

Donā€™t you have a female celebrity to gossip about instead of these indirects? Perez Hilton 2.0

7 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I also love how everyone thinks stripping it down and becoming boring and dreary = growth in music. You cannot tell me that Lana has been flourishing creatively and conceptually with the last three albums. And Taylor honestly just saw how much acclaim Lana and Lorde got for their Jack albums and jumped on that train. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I am forced to listen to those boring ass albums cause my flat mate has been blasting them in our flat for the past two years. There is no growth or maturity in folk music or soft rock. Itā€™s usually what artists do when they run out of creativity juice and start to become pretentious.

I personally think there's been a growth in Lana's lyrics in the past three albums (except for a few old tracks she decided to throw in), and she's really let the music elevate her words. White Dress is a great example, it has retrospective lyrics expressed gently and with care, and an instrumental which really lets the listener feel and understand what she's trying to tell.

Sorry if I went off topic with this reply.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree with you. And itā€™s a Jack track, which they both love to work with. This collab has lots of potential.Ā 
just like you, evermore and folklore got me listening to her and I warmed up to her a lot. Her new version of Red is almost a continuation of these two albums, with a pinch of pop. I really love 1989 as well although that one is pure pop. Itā€™s reputation that I donā€™t really love and lover : those two sound generic pop to me (I get that reputation was a new direction for her, but when 1989 still sounds pop bliss, reputation didnā€™t age well or doesnā€™t sound avant-garde at all)

I agree 100%

all of that.Ā 

14 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I also love how everyone thinks stripping it down and becoming boring and dreary = growth in music. You cannot tell me that Lana has been flourishing creatively and conceptually with the last three albums. And Taylor honestly just saw how much acclaim Lana and Lorde got for their Jack albums and jumped on that train. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I am forced to listen to those boring ass albums cause my flat mate has been blasting them in our flat for the past two years. There is no growth or maturity in folk music or soft rock. Itā€™s usually what artists do when they run out of creativity juice and start to become pretentious.

Sometimes I really wonder why some of you are even still here šŸ˜­ If you havenā€™t liked Lana since LFLĀ then maybe itā€™s time to log offĀ 

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It being a Jack track is specifically why I see this being doomed, it will be interesting to see whether itā€™s a duetĀ 

Ā 

jack is an amazing producer

The discussion is heated I love it

Ā 

ive loved Taylor longer than Lana (Iā€™m olddddd). Since her curly blondĀ guitar picking country days.Ā 
Ā 

this is bound to be amazing. I canā€™t waitĀ 

Ā 

the title itself is giving, I wonder if Lana will have a collar on her album?

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

the fact that people are taking it to heart that not all of us likes taylor swift and wants a collab. last time i checked, we're allowed to not like a certain artist. i'll still be streaming the song no matter how much i don't need nor want this collab.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

pretends-to-be-shocked-surprised.gif

Ā 

Anyways, I don't really listen to Taylor's music, but I'm really looking forward to this! I think it'll be super interesting to hear (also, every time I read the title, I think of HBTB lol)

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I hope it's not another ghost duet with only background vocals by Lana

I find vocals arenā€™t usually prominent in Jacks mixes with Lana, I reckon they might give her a verse and then mix her voice under Taylorā€™s for a chorusĀ 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I find vocals arenā€™t usually prominent in Jacks mixes with Lana, I reckon they might give her a verse and then mix her voice under Taylorā€™s for a chorusĀ 

Agree.Ā I am kinda afraid of this BUT Iā€™m hoping that because Taylor has been open about being a Lana fan and just having a lot of respect for her styleā€¦ maybe Taylor is gonna make sure Lana gets to shine on this track. Donā€™t get me wrong though I know this is probably way too hopeful and too much to expect from Taylor lol

i just know this song is about snorting lines on the beach, the 12Ā year old swifties are gonna be shook!

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ā