Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

20 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

I don't wanna make a scene nor anything of the sort. I just wanna say that this is a discussion forum and if people don't like this from the start (we must listen to the song to know if it's good or not), then that's their (or our) problem, if it is a problem. I just don't see the point in telling someone who is here because they love Lana that "there's no point in being here if you don't like NFR/COCC/BB/the-idea-of-the-Taylor-collab", it's straight up rude. This is a discussion forum and it's okay to like or dislike things and give arguments or not. Not everyone will have your same opinion and thats OK? I don't like this idea (still don't know if it will be good) because I really dislike Taylor's music and I know many others think the same, and this is a discussion thread for that, so what's wrong in voicing your own opinion... I'm not being rude to anyone for liking this. I might sound annoyed because I have my own thoughts on this which I'm not even sharing because I'm seeing how relentless some of you are, which it's ok! But there's no need to attack people you'll still be seeing here...

I think society as a whole is a lot more sensitive than needs be sometimes. It’s become wrong to criticise or say you dislike something…and you get branded ‘negative’ just for voicing an opinion.  There is no positive without negative in life and I think people need to learn to stop getting so upset over a different opinion just because it’s not all roses and fairy dust. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

16 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

If Lana does a Taylor collab I will riot. Please Lana don’t do this!!!

(Of course) I have to hear it first, but I'm not a Taylor fan, so I hope it's not something like the overt would-be 'hit' that 'Lust For Life' became on the album of the same name. 

Maybe it will be fantastic. 

I want art and craft, not commerce or ‘product.’

yea and this is a fan forum after all … people are gonna have strong opinions on the ‚smallest‘ of things. i happen to feel strongly negative about this haha

don't get me wrong I'll give the song a chance ofc and maybe it will be serve after all and it will shut us haters mouths or whatever but at this moment I really hate the idea because I don't like taylor and her music at all and that's it

we all would be collapsing for the wrong reasons if they announced a ed sheeran collab. it just happens that taylor has fans here 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

It being a Jack track is specifically why I see this being doomed, it will be interesting to see whether it’s a duet 

Well, it’s the only feature of the album: it would be a waste if all she did was oooohhh and ahhhhhs in the background. Taylor probably is the leading force of this song when it comes to direction in production, and many songs of her two latest albums don’t sound as stripped down as COCC or some songs of BB. Maybe it won’t be as good as we thought it would, but in the meantime, I really like the title and am excited :) 

40 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

I don't wanna make a scene nor anything of the sort. I just wanna say that this is a discussion forum and if people don't like this from the start (we must listen to the song to know if it's good or not), then that's their (or our) problem, if it is a problem. I just don't see the point in telling someone who is here because they love Lana that "there's no point in being here if you don't like NFR/COCC/BB/the-idea-of-the-Taylor-collab", it's straight up rude. This is a discussion forum and it's okay to like or dislike things and give arguments or not. Not everyone will have your same opinion and thats OK? I don't like this idea (still don't know if it will be good) because I really dislike Taylor's music and I know many others think the same, and this is a discussion thread for that, so what's wrong in voicing your own opinion... I'm not being rude to anyone for liking this. I might sound annoyed because I have my own thoughts on this which I'm not even sharing because I'm seeing how relentless some of you are, which it's ok! But there's no need to attack people you'll still be seeing here...

I definitely wasn’t trying to be rude. It’s all fun. That person was coming for ME pretty hard lol. But definitely never mean to be rude. It’s the internet, there’s no hard feelings over a famous singer that I don’t even know in real life. 

but also, I said that because someone who consistently hates on every thing Lana has done in the past 3 years doesn’t strike me as someone who “loves Lana” 

whats the point in being here to only spread hate for the artist? 

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i'm at least happy this is on taylor's album and NOT lana's. i'd throw a bigger fit if that were the case.

omfg you're right lmfao thank god it's on taylor's album 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i have to imagine this will be similar to exile from folklore. piano based, gut wrenching, contrasting vocals singing to each other before harmonizing together at the end. 

there were a couple songs on folklore that truly were incredibly written, combine that with Lana’s own lyricism and melodies and it’s hard to believe this song won’t be good. 

although snow on the beach sounds like a lana parody so I must admit I’m scared 

11 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

don't get me wrong I'll give the song a chance ofc and maybe it will be serve after all and it will shut us haters mouths or whatever but at this moment I really hate the idea because I don't like taylor and her music at all and that's it

we all would be collapsing for the wrong reasons if they announced a ed sheeran collab. it just happens that taylor has fans here 

I would like to know if people just don't like Taylor as a person or the type of music she makes in general? Her newer music is not bad, even critics say, which is not the case with Ed Sheeran.

16 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

I definitely wasn’t trying to be rude. It’s all fun. That person was coming for ME pretty hard lol. But definitely never mean to be rude. It’s the internet, there’s no hard feelings over a famous singer that I don’t even know in real life. 

but also, I said that because someone who consistently hates on every thing Lana has done in the past 3 years doesn’t strike me as someone who “loves Lana” 

whats the point in being here to only spread hate for the artist? 

Didn't see your username! And mostly, I apologize if you've felt that I was attacking you with that post! It was just used as an example. But I get it gets hard when people criticize every step of the artist we all love so much. I just feel like we shouldn't be arguing so hard with each other because we're all in love with her music, even if not with everything she puts out:noparty:<3

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

28 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

(Of course) I have to hear it first, but I'm not a Taylor fan, so I hope it's not something like the overt would-be 'hit' that 'Lust For Life' became on the album of the same name. 

Maybe it will be fantastic. 

I want art and craft, not commerce. 

I think it will be good. Taylor is a huge Lana fan and has mimicked her work. Plus it’s likely produced by Jack. It’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, niandra lades said:

Didn't see your username! And mostly, I apologize if you've felt that I was attacking you with that post! It was just used as an example. But I get it gets hard when people criticize every step of the artist we all love so much. I just feel like we shouldn't be arguing so hard with each other because we're all in love with her music, even if not with everything she puts out:noparty:<3

No it’s totally okay! I agree! 

2 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

I think it will be good. Taylor is a huge Lana fan and has mimicked her work. Plus it’s likely produced by Jack. It’ll be fine. 

Is it true it's for Taylor's and not Lana's album? THAT I can live with. 

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

I would like to know if people just don't like Taylor as a person or the type of music she makes in general? Her music is not bad, even critics say, which is not the case with Ed Sheeran.

I'm someone who can separate art from the artist but I don't like her and don't like her music for different reasons. speaking about the music in specific, it just feels extremely boring and basic to me and most of the times her lyrics make me cringe. her voice doesn't appeal to me at all either so it just happens that everything about her simply doesn't click for me. just like critics don't like lana's but loves taylor's music (maybe except for NFR) I don't like taylor's.

however I will say that I'm glad taylor respects lana and makes sure to voice that to the world, even if I don't like her I think it's important to have someone like her speaking about lana

ed sheeran is just a lost cause lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg