Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

So here’s my guess. Haven’t listened really but from what I’ve read, it’s not out of character for Lana to do more of a background vibe when she does collabs. Also probably why she didn’t promote it or post about it. A win for taylana stans and Taylor antis lmao yall got a compromise. Maybe this means that #waistdeepinicywaves is for lana then ;)

13 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

The way Elle is just sitting in this thread on ha admin account waiting for someone to-

:oic2:

ErtdZEi.gif

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I don't think Lana refused to have a verse or a bigger part... Taylor probably asked directly if she wanted to sing in the background and that's it (which is kinda weird on her part but oh well Taylor things).

Also those lyrics... there's no Lana in that. Her credit probably comes from the 2 note melody she allegedly sings :hide:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

Anyways now I really really  need the country roads cover even more than I already did. 

and whatever that other song was, dark city or whatever. 

both of those sound heavenly to me and got me super excited. 

I know Lana isn’t perfect and everything is based on personal opinion but sometimes I rly wish she’d just keep her talents to herself 😭 like share them with us but not other artists. Ugh. 

The Weeknd and Sean Lennon collabs are super good tho imo 

and BARRIE of course 

also super down for Father John Misty collabs 

pls Lana I know you gotta make money but plssss reserve the talent for people who care 😭

I really hope the covers album isn’t completely scrapped and she just releases random covers here and there. I’ve always imagined her singing country roads 

1 minute ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

So here’s my guess. Haven’t listened really but from what I’ve read, it’s not out of character for Lana to do more of a background vibe when she does collabs. Also probably why she didn’t promote it or post about it. A win for taylana stans and Taylor antis lmao yall got a compromise. Maybe this means that #waistdeepinicywaves is for lana then ;)

Her most recent collab. Does this give background to you?

Just now, Offtotheraces01 said:

I really hope the covers album isn’t completely scrapped and she just releases random covers here and there. I’ve always imagined her singing country roads 

me too!!! I for sure hope she will officially release it or some of it vs it getting leaked. 

i think it’s a great idea for her, just like for the fans but also for her career 

5 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

And while we're at it let's stream the overlooked follow up singles after the hit- single All For You, Ms. Janet never stopped delivering, didn't she?

Honestly better then Velvet Rope in a few ways. 

1 minute ago, trailerparkdream said:

me too!!! I for sure hope she will officially release it or some of it vs it getting leaked. 

i think it’s a great idea for her, just like for the fans but also for her career 

Very up her alley. I could totally see her doing dolly, stevie, etc. very vintage country Americana vibes like summertime and country roads

5 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Her most recent collab. Does this give background to you?

I said “it’s not out of character”… lets not be dramatic. I’m sure we all wanted her to do a verse but what can u do lol

On 10/12/2022 at 11:13 AM, Xenoblade 3 said:

The Lana stanning :deadbanana:. I might have to stan Taylor a bit from now on I fear.

This is so meta considering this collab. I almost feel like she’s talking about how everyone feels about the collab with Lana.

This will not be happening :xgiggle:.

(I did ended up listening to Taylor’s discography a bit leading up to this leak..:deadbanana:. The only album I like is 1989 even that has a few duds tbh. Now I can safely remove every trace of her music from my Spotify :nails:)

Spoiler

Awfully boring and weak like most of Taylors songs and Lana doesn’t even have any proper lyrics on the song she’s just in the background. Very disappointing….like what’s the point?  Taylor will get another over rated album and several grammys for this wishy washy plop *yawn*

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm kinda speechless :stareney2: The melody is pretty though basic, it may grow on me a bit but the lyrics are cheesy. Why did Taylor get so excited about promoting Lana if she's hardly even in the song? I don't think I would've even noticed that she was on it if I hadn't known, and the few times you can hear Lana if you try really hard to she sounds poorly mixed in and a little random and lost :bebe: Manifesting that LDR9/10 sounds nothing like this.