Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Honestly I'm not even going to bother trying to find it; I'll just wait 'til Friday going by these comments

Same, I think I can wait to be underwhelmed. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 minute ago, zombie girl said:

i love jack and i’ve been defending him so hard against all of the hate he’s been getting by various fandoms for the last couple years but it’s just like. what he is doing was really fresh 3, 4, 5 years ago but nothing he does surprises me anymore. he always makes beautiful music and it’s almost always very good, but it’s tiring when all of the music for all of my favorite artists sounds like it could be on the same album. we need whatever creativity possessed him when he was making hard feelings to possess him again because i’m really exhausted with knowing exactly what everything his name is on it is going to sound like before it’s out

I know people dismiss the generic Jack Antonoff bandwagon hate, but it exists because this is what he DOES

He is NOT original and tbh he gets carried by the talented women he works with. Albums are good in SPITE of him not BECAUSE of him

But tbh I blame Taylor too, I think at this point she thinks she can release whatever and everyone will eat it up (and tbh she's right)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

welllp. I can’t find it so I haven’t heard it but idec at this point I guess ): 

my dumbass was in here defending Taylor, jack, folklore all of it. 

idc who’s fault it was honestly. either way I feel like it’s messed up of Taylor to use Lana’s name in that promo. She clearly knew what everyone would think by doing that. 

I guess I shouldn’t be so surprised but I can’t lie, I am! Regardless of what I’ve always heard about Taylor as a person I guess I just really thought all her praise of Lana meant something. I mean maybe it still does but right now I’m just really sad lol. 

I feel like to some extent this song was meant to be solely a song written by Lana and Taylor, but at some point Taylor asked Lana to sing background vocals to put her on as a collaboration and give her free promotion. 

I'm not trying to justify the situation, I'm still angry. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

why does this "collab" even exist? why would Lana agree to it? I know some of y'all are saying Lana probably wanted it this way but why?

I think Lana is just a lowkey artist now and I do think it’s probably her choice, the same way her collab with Cat Power was just vocals too 

sgopYhV.gif

Anyways now I really really  need the country roads cover even more than I already did. 

and whatever that other song was, dark city or whatever. 

both of those sound heavenly to me and got me super excited. 

I know Lana isn’t perfect and everything is based on personal opinion but sometimes I rly wish she’d just keep her talents to herself 😭 like share them with us but not other artists. Ugh. 

The Weeknd and Sean Lennon collabs are super good tho imo 

and BARRIE of course 

also super down for Father John Misty collabs 

pls Lana I know you gotta make money but plssss reserve the talent for people who care 😭

maybe lana simply wanted to do the backing vocals, i was remembering the wicked game performance she did with chris isaak and she seemed very comfortable with just singing behind the owner of the song. don't get me wrong, i can't believe we were fooled like this too but who knows, this could be lana's idea. the only problem here is all the marketing taylor did