Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

i'm just gonna say my final thing about this topic which is what i previously said at the end of my last comment

it's music, not politics :oprah3:

maybe some of y'all should think about that a little :bebe:

anyway!

Edited by the ocean

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

THERE WERE FOUR OTHER PRODUCERS ON THIS TRACK

You can't keep blaming Jack Antonoff for everything

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I was NOT ready fot the production... the sounds of strings... the vocals... the oumph-ness, WOw :icant:

the intro does obviously resemble NFR title track (:squidward:), but more than anything I actually think the song is very much like BBS :crai:

FINALLY SOME FINE LUSH ORCHESTRAL SOUND again :pray2:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Lana's not looking to make a quick pop song, she's speaking to the soul and delivering a very poignant message that anyone could relate to if they open themselves up to the meaning.

I am realizing this now, as ironically I’m writing a last minute essay while listening to Cinnamon and Venice Bitch.Aside from getting older each year (I’m only 26), the more her recent songs apply to my life, and the more I comprehend them. The time of her writing pop songs like she did in BTD/UV are long gone. She’s realizing that she wants a long legacy to be taken seriously (as evident with the upcoming albums artwork that calls back to the singer songwriters of the 60s and 70s). I say here all the time I’m tired of the piano snore, but I’m not the artist, Lana is. And it is also evident with her making a poetry book and an audio companion, that she wants her lyrics to speak first rather than the music. 

But I do hope we do get fresh and experimental music (instrumental wise) down her career rather than just piano ballads like “lemme lov u likeawomAn” 

1 minute ago, fine china said:

started to tear up as soon as I heard her sigh. 

YES OMG I GOT CHILLS :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

I am realizing this now, as ironically I’m writing a last minute essay while listening to Cinnamon and Venice Bitch.Aside from getting older each year (I’m only 26), the more her recent songs apply to my life, and the more I comprehend them. The time of her writing pop songs like she did in BTD/UV are long gone. She’s realizing that she wants a long legacy to be taken seriously (as evident with the upcoming albums artwork that calls back to the singer songwriters of the 60s and 70s). I say here all the time I’m tired of the piano snore, but I’m not the artist, Lana is. And it is also evident with her making a poetry book and an audio companion, that she wants her lyrics to speak first rather than the music. 

But I do hope we do get fresh and experimental music (instrumental wise) down her career rather than just piano ballads like “lemme lov u likeawomAn” 

I’m telling you, it’s the Carly Simon influence she grew up with activating in her unconscious. And they’re both Cancers. 

4 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Aside from getting older each year (I’m only 26), the more her recent songs apply to my life, and the more I comprehend them

speak for yourself—I was 14 when UV came out and every word of that record spoke directly to my soul. I was in love (and sexually confused) with this older girl in the 10th grade who was dangerous (she once showed me a topless woman on her phone in the school hallways) and a bad influence (her parents let us have a sip of wine at dinner). If that’s not what UV was about…💁‍♂️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

5 minutes ago, fine china said:

I think people are getting IYLDWM vibes because the first few piano notes sound very similar to the first few notes in IYLDWM

This, doesn’t help that it’s in the same key as well. Both songs start with a C major chord lol. 

14 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Anyways stream AKA her most unique and vibey album to date. Maybe Lana needs to step out of LA city limits once in a while. 

:true:

ok i do agree lana needs to step out of california/the southern states…i cant imagine the album she’d make if she got inspired by new york again 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

23 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but some people use really rude language to describe something that Lana clearly poured her heart into and is touching a lot of people. Those who don't like it don't have to, but I'd recommend taking more time to try and connect with the song and understand what she's saying. Lana's not looking to make a quick pop song, she's speaking to the soul and delivering a very poignant message that anyone could relate to if they open themselves up to the meaning. If you still don't like it, that's fine but to pretend that your limited effort to connect with something is the gospel truth and everybody else is overhyped and misguided is just ridiculous. 

It’s not the lyrics or meaning of the lyrics, it’s the overall flatness and redundancy of the music and delivery.

No one is saying a negative experience of the track is gospel truth in any objective manner; you’re offended perhaps because your feelings are hurt by negative responses to the song, or the same pushed your nose out of joint. 

Why is it that people can  just LOVE SOMETHING TO THE MOON IN GUSHING LANGUAGE, but other people, in the same forum, cannot do the same to express a negative opinion? 90% here LOVE the song but one person says the song “is a turd” and that’s offensive and upsetting? 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It’s not the lyrics or meaning of the lyrics, it’s the overall flatness and redundancy of the music and delivery.

No one is saying a negative experience of the track is gospel truth in any objective manner; you’re offended perhaps because your feelings are hurt by negative responses to the song, or the same pushed your nose out of joint. 

Why is it that people just LOVE SOMETHING TO THE MOON IN GUSHING LANGUAGE, but people, in the same forum, cannot do the same to express a negative opinion? 90% here LOVE the song but one person says the song “is a turd” and that’s offensive and upsetting? 

People have had a long history here of very rudely describing what they think of Lana's music and it's just weird to me, especially on a forum dedicated to her. I can't imagine being her and reading some of the things people feel comfortable saying here.

Anyways, it's definitely your right to not like the song, I am just expressing the depth and power that I see. I don't see anything flat or redundant in this song at all.

I made my boyfriend listen and he said it sounds so much like IYLDWM and that IYLDWM is the superior song 🙄 he wasn’t listening with sound proof headphones though like I was… I don’t know, to me Tunnel sounds like it has a certain melancholy that’s been lacking from her stuff for awhile, and it makes it different and beautiful. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why is it that people can  just LOVE SOMETHING TO THE MOON IN GUSHING LANGUAGE, but other people, in the same forum, cannot do the same to express a negative opinion? 90% here LOVE the song but one person says the song “is a turd” and that’s offensive and upsetting? 

It’s not her best song by a long shot, I do like it has more vocal layers and production. Lyrically it has some great lines, but there is this sense of repetition from her and plodding familiarity.  I’d be surprised if this is in my top three songs on this record.  I will say that I always see her albums as a piece and I can’t really have a strong feeling about a particular single until I hear the whole record and how it flows and then my opinion can change.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance