Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, imasadboy said:

And if she samples the Off to The Races outro, would that be my dream?

This but with the electric guitar from the live version :true:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

31 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

she already did in swan song i think?

not saying she couldn't do it again, though :ma: 

Wait a damn minute… and she spoke about Swan Song recently. Is the hint maybe at this being a sort of “sample train” as SS samples HBTB?  Perhaps that is what’s being sampled? 

Put Me In A Movie —> HBTB —> Swan Song —> new song

12 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Wait a damn minute… and she spoke about Swan Song recently. Is the hint maybe at this being a sort of “sample train” as SS samples HBTB?  Perhaps that is what’s being sampled? 

Put Me In A Movie —> HBTB —> Swan Song —> new song

That would iconic af:oprah2: manifesting this !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

when she samples the "no holds barred, I've been sent to destroy" part of MTWBT and my soul leaves my body

debora-alma.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Where did powerlifting come from?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Where did powerlifting come from?

from an interview during NFR era I think 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Thinking about how she described Blue Banisters as an album of "where we've been, where we are now, and where we're going"

I really think that the three singles, Black Bathing Suit, and Arcadia are the parts of the album that reflect where we're going with this new record

Where we've been:

Living Legend

Cherry Blossom

If You Lie Down With Me

Thunder

Nectar of the Gods

Where we are now (at that moment)

Beautiful

Dealer

Violets for Roses

Sweet Carolina

Interlude

Where we're going (deeper dives into her karmic lineage, much more abstract/obscure lyricism, very diaristic)

Text Book

Wildflower Wildfire

Black Bathing Suit

Arcadia

Blue Banisters

Thinking about it this way has me appreciating that record even more in excitement for this one

I listened to the album in this exact order, and I just want to say it SLAPS... 

Maybe I was onto something :ma:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Now which one of you is messing with the music registry and posting titles that don't even make grammatical sense? "while his deep sea fishing"  :eartha:

wtf.png

fishtails? :horror: :thumb: mermaid motel 2.0 is coming... :creepna3: ariel the little mermaid gifs | WiffleGif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Now which one of you is messing with the music registry and posting titles that don't even make grammatical sense? "while his deep sea fishing"  :eartha:

wtf.png

When Lana’s automatic singing applies to the titles as well & leaves in typos like in the Violet book:angie: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Fishtails :awkney:

10 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

wtf.png

lustforlife serve :ma: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

jRmCNPB.jpg

has anyone made the connection between her W magazine quote & this line in HBTB?

I know they’ve been mentioned individually today but wasn’t sure. I doubt this is significant but still a neat concept if she samples either/both of them

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I feel like this is going to be another NFR! situation. She said from early on she knew what she wanted that record to be like, I think it showed. It was so cohesive and beautiful. The interview from May very much reflects what we heard in the first single and what insiders have said. I think it when someone knows what they are going for, the music always turns out better. Like with Chemtrails, she said that she didn’t feel like she had gotten where she wanted to and I think it reflected in the final product (even though I love COCC). 

4 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

so is this a genuine question or is he being cryptic about her sampling herself on the album… i can’t tell if it’s “Has Lana ever sampled her own song before? 😉” or if he is really just asking randomly lmao

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Wait, why is everyone talking about Lana sampling her older songs? :raven:

sUcVobB.png