Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

like it’s going to be what Blue Banisters was trying to be. 

completely agree. i think this will be like what she WANTED BB to be, a revenge album telling her personal story.. but obviously she wasn’t really happy with BB finished result

Going back to Lana's note from the announcement, I'm most interested in this:

Thank you friends who helped me make the record. Mike Hermosa for kicking me off with our first four songs I wrote- all begun for fun, playing on lazy Sunday afternoons that turned into tunes w big orchestras and simple Melodies that matched each moment we were in

I wonder what those four songs are? I'm guessing the title song is is one of them. Either way it's a good starting point to imagine the album is inspired by getting fucked by her co-writer.

4 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

I wonder what those four songs are? I'm guessing the title song is is one of them. Either way it's a good starting point to imagine the album is inspired by getting fucked by her co-writer.

based on the writing credits the 4 songs are the title track, Taco Truck, The Grants, and Let the Light In! he helped write Peppers too but what we know about that song doesn’t particularly match “big orchestras and simple melodies” lol so i don’t believe that one was part of the first 4

2 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

I think Ocean Blvd, The Grants, Taco Truck x VB, and then either Peppers or Let the Light In — since these five tracks have Mike credited as a writer. 

Ignore me, I drink :hottie:

Ocean Blvd, The Grants, Taco Truck x VB, and Let the Light In for me. Peppers isn't giving orchestral 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, lilac heaven said:

based on the writing credits the 4 songs are the title track, Taco Truck, The Grants, and Let the Light In!

Oh, and Peppers. I forgot the writing credits are available. Well that definitely tells you which 5 songs are the most foundational to the album.

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

hi girls whats new today :xgiggle:

DYKTTATUOB continuing to fall on streaming and no new single in sight :eartha2:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

was any new info spilled over the weekend or is it just typical LB delusion o’clock ? 

No new info, but someone sent Kintsugi a phishing scam in a failed attempt to hack his files and steal the album. :lolliney:

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

BB was great :krylie:

I agree but that's a very unpopular opinion :bebe:

Funny thing is before BB release I thought most fans are gonna like it much more than COTCC

Clearly I was wrong :thumb3:

But I just know for a fact fans are gonna like DYKTATTUOB a lot more than COTCC and BB

And about critics um :bye:

idfc about literally anything they would think or say

But at the same time since the album is gonna question the culture in some sort of ways (according to boz) I don't want them to give her a hard time and upset her so I'm very nervous :bebe:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

4 minutes ago, ruined said:

I agree but that's a very unpopular opinion :bebe:

Funny thing is before BB release I thought most fans are gonna like it much more than COTCC

Clearly I was wrong :thumb3:

But I just know for a fact fans are gonna like DYKTATTUOB a lot more than COTCC and BB

And about critics um :bye:

idfc about literally anything they would think or say

But at the same time since the album is gonna question the culture in some sort of ways (according to boz) I don't want them to give her a hard time and upset her so I'm very nervous :bebe:

wait are you an insider now? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

42 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

I don't think lana is lazy enough to do something like that, if that's the case, we're most likely facing Blue Banisters 2.0, another mediocre album :wtf3:

there's literally nothing that 1. we heard so far and 2. was said by insiders that point to this album being anything other than a great body of work but somehow y'all are still finding ways to be skeptical or negative lmao

10 minutes ago, Mer said:

wait are you an insider now? 

Lol no I'm just guessing the fans are gonna like DYKTATTUOB a lot more than COTCC and BB :gurl:

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

is january 2023 the driest month in history of lanaboards?

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I’m actually really looking forward to watching TUOB (the album) review videos. I think this album will have some interesting twists and turns, and I love seeing how people respond to Lana’s stylistic choices both sonically and lyrically. 

Even the not-so-positive reviews are interesting, and one can sometimes tell how a reviewer’s musical background and personal preferences shape their perception of Lana’s music. 

I particularly enjoy this guy’s videos even if they aren’t the most in-depth dive into her work—it’s just a nice, in-the-moment reaction that doesn’t overcomplicate things: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath