Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Disagreement lol. Sorry but I think it's very dramatic to suggest Lana is fucking over her fans by not giving us promo. Her output is insane, she gives us so much. Promo is fun but it's really just a bonus. The music industry is toxic and I'm proud of her for finding a place where she can live a happy life out of the limelight while also being one of the biggest artists in the world. She really could not say a word before or after March 24th and just let the album speak for itself if that's what she really wants to do. Thankfully though we know that's not the case because we know we have several magazines coming soon, so it seems like we will be getting some solid promo no matter what in the coming weeks. People just need to chill, we're not even supposed to know about A&W coming next week so today's meltdowns were particularly unwarranted. :typewriter:

to be fair, the meltdowns over a&w were more about ben and ed's dramatics over us finding out the release date, cause that is weird as hell lol. also, what i mean is that the only people who even give one fuck about her doing promo are her fans. not doing promo isn't the big "fuck you" to the media that the user i responded to and presumably Lana herself think it is. Pitchfork and The Guardian don't really care if her album is being delayed or not, they are going to review it when it comes out either way. however, her fans who are excited to hear the album would like to know that the album is being delayed, which she made very unclear. She also seems to think responding and "dragging" the media response to her is doing anything, when actually it gives the media exactly what they want lol. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

to be fair, the meltdowns over a&w were more about ben and ed's dramatics over us finding out the release date, cause that is weird as hell lol. also, what i mean is that the only people who even give one fuck about her doing promo are her fans. not doing promo isn't the big "fuck you" to the media that the user i responded to and presumably Lana herself think it is. Pitchfork and The Guardian don't really care if her album is being delayed or not, they are going to review it when it comes out wither way. however, her fans who are excited to hear the album would like to know that the album is being delayed, which she made very unclear. She also seems to think responding and "dragging" the media response to her is doing anything, when actually it gives the media exactly what they want lol. 

We don't even know if there were any dramatics. All Eclipse implied was that the date was removed, we and probably he have no idea why. I would bet it's still coming next week, and there were no actual dramatics lol

I do agree that her team should have clarified the album delay better, but at this point it is what it is, they're always going to be like this so I'm not sure why people get so worked up about it. A two week delay is tiny in the grand scheme of things, overall this era seems to be running really smoothly and we have tons to be excited about in the coming weeks.

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:

true, but then most "true artists" are so unknown that they die in oblivion :deadbanana:

somehow you have to find a middle way to bring your work to the people as well

but lana is definitely not so unknown that she’ll die in oblivion and she has found a middle way, so i don’t really think it’s relevant to care about charts for Ocean Blvd or any of lana’s work at this point, especially if her “dying into oblivion” is anyone’s concern

Just now, DCooper said:

We don't even know if there were any dramatics. All Eclipse implied was that the date was removed, we and probably he have no idea why. I would bet it's still coming next week, and there were no actual dramatics lol

I do agree that her team should have clarified the album delay better, but at this point it is what it is, they're always going to be like this so I'm not sure why people get so worked up about it. A two week delay is tiny in the grand scheme of things, overall this era seems to be running really smoothly and we have tons to be excited about in the coming weeks.

He said they weren't happy:defeated: but also my first comment really wasn't about all this so I think u misunderstood me a little. I agree this era is going super smooth compared the last few. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

He said they weren't happy:defeated: but also my first comment really wasn't about all this so I think u misunderstood me a little. I agree this era is going super smooth compared the last few. 

He said they were unhappy but then he said his reason was the date being removed I think so I doubt he has any more insight than that. He's also a known pot stirrer and knew the meltdowns he would cause lol. Apologies if I misunderstood your original point, I may have reacted too quickly to "all she’s doing is fucking over her fans" which I strongly disagree with, but all good. We are in for an exciting few weeks! I suspect many more rollercoasters along the way LOL

48 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

lana's desire to promote her own work in a "normal" way (ie album rollouts in line w current marketing trends) was extremely affected by the media slander of BTD's release and then all but destroyed during QFTC. imo her lack of traditional promo over the past 2 records is a huge fuck you to the media, which she's long disliked, and she is doing it her way now, aka putting all her energy into making the music and letting the rest go by the wayside. i think she continues to carry a lot of pain and hurt over her experience with being perceived by the public/media so differently from her self-perception/intention.

i do think this era will be her first big promo era since NFR but that she will prob remain ambivalent about promo for the rest of her career. and that is fine! i love interviews/photoshoots/IG posts etc but she's absolutely right in knowing that people will consume the music regardless of how much time/energy she puts into promo, and that it's a losing game to try and control her public perception so why bother. she also knows that the music and the promo have nothing to do with each other– one is art-making, the other is business– and she doesn't need to worry about $ and accruing new fans prob ever again. not promoting her new work has nothing to do with how she feels about the music or her fans imo, as she is aware that promotion is mostly a game of trying to control public perception which has only ever been a losing game for her (with the exception of the fawning reception of NFR maybe, and which she then effectively killed with QFTC).

I definitely agree with all of this

It's almost as if she doesn't want to seem "inauthentic" by doing gimmicks and promo to get people interested and would much rather sit back and let the music speak for itself.

I still wish she would do something for ocean blvd, but I think the ocean blvd Insta will be exciting once they start posting on it. It might be a middle ground between Lana and her team, to do some promo but without it being "too flashy" :true:

7 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

moved all the chart discussion to the chart discussion thread  :air:

please stop arguing... we actually have something to look forward to next week lets celebrate THAT :bebe: 

i'm only responding in here because your post is in here, but most people weren't arguing:icant: like people are just discussing and i agree it probably shouldn't have been in this thread but i'm tired of this attitude that having discussions about topics that maybe not everyone finds interesting or maybe can get a little heated is wrong or something. if you don't like the topics that is being discussed just talk about something else or log off:sadcore: again i do agree that discussion should have been held elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i'm only responding in here because your post is in here, but most people weren't arguing:icant: like people are just discussing and i agree it probably shouldn't have been in this thread but i'm tired of this attitude that having discussions about topics that maybe not everyone finds interesting or maybe can get a little heated is wrong or something. if you don't like the topics that is being discussed just talk about something else or log off:sadcore: again i do agree that discussion should have been held elsewhere 

oh absolutely we love healthy discourse on lana boards dot com its what keeps us going but just always be respectful (which you all were anyway)

:et::et::et:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

lana and the insiders need to stop edging us already:icant:… i feel like something is going to happen really soon but idk what…:raven:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

51 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The media truly does not give one fuck about her promoting her music or not:bebe: all she’s doing is fucking over her fans:defeated:

i agree, they don't! but i do think that promotion is no longer meaningful to her, and that she gets some kind of satisfaction from feeling like she's opting out.

also– and i understand wanting more from her as a fan, because it is SO fun to have a big album rollout to engage with– but she's hardly fucking us over; the most meaningful thing she does, and what fans most respond to, is the art, and we get SO much of it. she never fails to deliver on that front.

aOaIzH2.gif

I love the duality of this thread. Either we're getting 20+ posts per minute, or completely unrelated 10 comments per hour...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: