Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

11 minutes ago, Blossom said:

may i ask how u could “accidentally exploit her”? what do u mean !?!?!? @Louise

All the artists I like, it is enough to enjoy their music . . . and what Lana and them put out to the public. I defer to the other fans, who deserve her so richly . . . Just like I would like to have coffee with Ann & Nancy Wilson and Sue Ennis from Heart for two hours and ask all the questions - like that would never happen, and not be interrupted by starstruck fans. Older crowd . . . It could be temptation to get personal questions answered, like, "when is the next single?" and report back here. But, I wouldn't want to do that - you know what I mean?

wait how do we know the a&w date?

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

lana's desire to promote her own work in a "normal" way (ie album rollouts in line w current marketing trends) was extremely affected by the media slander of BTD's release and then all but destroyed during QFTC. imo her lack of traditional promo over the past 2 records is a huge fuck you to the media, which she's long disliked, and she is doing it her way now, aka putting all her energy into making the music and letting the rest go by the wayside. i think she continues to carry a lot of pain and hurt over her experience with being perceived by the public/media so differently from her self-perception/intention.

i do think this era will be her first big promo era since NFR but that she will prob remain ambivalent about promo for the rest of her career. and that is fine! i love interviews/photoshoots/IG posts etc but she's absolutely right in knowing that people will consume the music regardless of how much time/energy she puts into promo, and that it's a losing game to try and control her public perception so why bother. she also knows that the music and the promo have nothing to do with each other– one is art-making, the other is business– and she doesn't need to worry about $ and accruing new fans prob ever again. not promoting her new work has nothing to do with how she feels about the music or her fans imo, as she is aware that promotion is mostly a game of trying to control public perception which has only ever been a losing game for her (with the exception of the fawning reception of NFR maybe, and which she then effectively killed with QFTC).

aOaIzH2.gif

10 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Wait, why did Ecl*pse say High by the Beach would be important at a later time when he initially teased the album? The way we all forgot about that. Hm.

based on BBS and what i assume will continue to play out on the new record– her relationship with the media– i'm guessing maybe this refers to something on the record that will reference back to her shooting down the papparrazi helicopter? idk just a vibe i get.

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

lana's desire to promote her own work in a "normal" way (ie album rollouts in line w current marketing trends) was extremely affected by the media slander of BTD's release and then all but destroyed during QFTC. imo her lack of traditional promo over the past 2 records is a huge fuck you to the media, which she's long disliked, and she is doing it her way now, aka putting all her energy into making the music and letting the rest go by the wayside. i think she continues to carry a lot of pain and hurt over her experience with being perceived by the public/media so differently from her self-perception/intention.

i do think this era will be her first big promo era since NFR but that she will prob remain ambivalent about promo for the rest of her career. and that is fine! i love interviews/photoshoots/IG posts etc but she's absolutely right in knowing that people will consume the music regardless of how much time/energy she puts into promo, and that it's a losing game to try and control her public perception so why bother. she also knows that the music and the promo have nothing to do with each other– one is art-making, the other is business– and she doesn't need to worry about $ and accruing new fans prob ever again. not promoting her new work has nothing to do with how she feels about the music or her fans imo, as she is aware that promotion is mostly a game of trying to control public perception which has only ever been a losing game for her (with the exception of the fawning reception of NFR maybe, and which she then effectively killed with QFTC).

this ^^

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౚৎ·:*

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

Did Kintsugi say anything?

No, just that things are brewing and be patient

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

The media truly does not give one fuck about her promoting her music or not:bebe: all she’s doing is fucking over her fans:defeated:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.àłƒàż”Â this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.àłƒàż”*:

Just now, DCooper said:

:bye:

is this agreement or disagreement:die:

Just now, ShadesOfViolence said:

I agree:hooker:

I need the photo on the left in hq soooo bad it's my favorite photo from the shoot:trisha:

i understand and am okay with her not wanting to do promotion but sometimes it feels really at odds with her desire to “tell her story her way” — doing things like making music videos to complete the artistic vision and doing interviews to share her thoughts would really help with that. she’s had her words twisted in interviews before so releasing audio commentary like with UV or even just posting instagram captions/holding livestreams would be a great way for her to express how she feels about her work and the ideas and intentions behind it 

i miss being able to see into the window of her mind while she was making the album, the W magazine was great for that, and i really hope there are good interviews in the upcoming articles!! ocean blvd seems so special and being able to read about her/her mindset in this moment is such a special thing that really enriches the album for me :oprah:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

is this agreement or disagreement:die:

Disagreement lol. Sorry but I think it's very dramatic to suggest Lana is fucking over her fans by not giving us promo. Her output is insane, she gives us so much. Promo is fun but it's really just a bonus. The music industry is toxic and I'm proud of her for finding a place where she can live a happy life out of the limelight while also being one of the biggest artists in the world. She really could not say a word before or after March 24th and just let the album speak for itself if that's what she really wants to do. Thankfully though we know that's not the case because we know we have several magazines coming soon, so it seems like we will be getting some solid promo no matter what in the coming weeks. People just need to chill, we're not even supposed to know about A&W coming next week so today's meltdowns were particularly unwarranted. :typewriter:

38 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Wait, why did Ecl*pse say High by the Beach would be important at a later time when he initially teased the album? The way we all forgot about that. Hm.

when Lana replied to Catpower's comment on insta she said "look at you lookin at me" so maybe she sings that lyric again