Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The transition from American Whore to Jimmy is simply one of the most iconic pieces of production in music history. The way the bass comes in, The tempo change, the static that sounds almost like she's tuning between different songs in her discography, the subtle back ground noises and experimental vocals and then the way it breaks down at the end just before Jimmy starts, It's just fucking iconic I'll never get over it. :oprah3:

faSE.gif

It’s probably been discussed already but what are the A&W lyrics on Spotify ?? :nails: :sideeye:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

37 DAYS :trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha:

February is passing by so quickly..

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

27 minutes ago, Sweet said:

I know my fellow homosexuals are loving and feeling their oats because Lana is claiming her whore status. We love that but can we talk about the personal lyrics, critique on the rape culture? She is being so direct and is holding nothing back. I love that! 

I've always thought whether Lana was ever interested or not in feminism (we know she is a feminist) her music, her art has always had this STRONG feminist core i.e. A WOMAN DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK SHE WANTS. Like Sweet Caroline? Like beautiful a song about postnatal depression that MANY women go through but it's not talked about??? Who even does that?? She never needed a label because she embodies feminism. Always has.  A&W is so direct and she is leaving nothing to the imagination. I love how the chorus before the switch up happens there's an adlib that goes like "oh, okay" right after she says "American Whore" as if she's looking herself in the mirror and is being like "it's time to be a bad bitch". All the other times, it feels like a sad satire but eventually she found power in it and claims it. Then it turns into this psychedelic trap song LIKE DAMN, Mother is mothering yet again. 

She maybe soft but she is powerful! I meannn she's around after all these years! 

All the Lana haters after A&W because she’s “anti-feminist” and “romanticizes abuse” :oopna2: 

No but fr, people didn’t understand her white lines read between the lines :eek2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

4 minutes ago, #vapeinfluencer said:

DO YALL HEAR HER SNEEZE AT 3:13? :shh:

Just went to that part and YES ??! :brows:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

All the Lana haters after A&W because she’s “anti-feminist” and “romanticizes abuse” :oopna2: 

No but fr, people didn’t understand her white lines read between the lines :eek2:

I’m just so tired. I don’t even bother w them. They’re stuck in 2012-2014 bad press era babes

8Qg234E.gif

7 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

If you have spare time and are willing, you could give A&W a 100/100 on albumoftheyear.org , A&W deserves it :blush3:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/606044-lana-del-rey-aw.php

Here is the link!

It has a good chance of being the #1 song and single of the whole year, so get to it! :trisha:

8 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

If you have spare time and are willing, you could give A&W a 100/100 on albumoftheyear.org , A&W deserves it :blush3:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/606044-lana-del-rey-aw.php

Here is the link!

Just wrote a semi-long ass review :hottie:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I may not be Jack's biggest fan but I'm so glad Lana is working with him again on this album, it feels like a breath of fresh air.

Don't get me wrong; I adore Rick Nowels (and whoever are the guys that produced Blue Banisters :teehee:), but I think Jack Antonoff can bring the best out of Lana by letting her experiment more and get out of her comfort zone. :kiss3: