Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

43 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Serious question is there gonna be a DYK site theme or no cuz I dont wanna live if no

we NEED the interview magazine cover photo on the very top of the page

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, World At War said:

the song with a venice bitch sample is taco truck, a&w has nfr piano @ 4:40 and strings @ 5:48 though

Thank you! I was confused lol 

51 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

What was the asian website where we found the release date for A&W?

I think we got to know the date via apple music code and the Eclipse gave us the correct one, maybe you mean the website we got the tracklist from?

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

27 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

I think we got to know the date via apple music code and the Eclipse gave us the correct one, maybe you mean the website we got the tracklist from?

a Taiwanese website had the A&W release date correct several days before it came out. this one actually https://song.corp.com.tw/music/artist.aspx?artistID=8sEm8Vl8zbMOkYzF3m

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not the song’s streams already collapsing after 2 days what’s going awn? :toofloppy:

Unless she releases a shorter song from the second half of the record as the next single, the streams for this record are going to be pretty low, which isn't a bad thing for me because I personally don't care. The song is over 7 minutes and way less accessible than VB, so they can't be compared. People will be hit with a bat by A&W, then another with the Judah Smith interlude, then hit by another with the Jon Batiste interlude shortly after. I don't see many of these 2 second attention span TikTok freaks making it to the latter half of the album unless songs happen to go viral. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not the song’s streams already collapsing after 2 days what’s going awn? :toofloppy:

The song just got added to the playlists as of today. It’s going to rise tomorrow. 

giphy.gif

Kinda #OT

I just wanted to share with you guys what I thought the covers of the new album were going to look like so I made some before the release of DDYKTATUOB singleanbMtc.FB-IMG-1676638886474.jpg

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

but also, yeah like @Marius said, it could very well possibly rise and stabilize like Ocean Blvd did for a couple of weeks. A&W's initial success is something to be proud of. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

idk if this has already been talked ab  but the soda pop songs somewhat thematically overlap

Diet Mountain Dew: "You're no good for me but baby I want you", unhealthy relationship, a lot of Lolita references throughout

Cola: "I know your wife & she wouldn't mind", more sexually charged, affair with an older man, drugs 

& as another user recently pointed out, the unreleased song Coca Cola has the lyric "When we get high, Jimmy propose"

A&W: touches on loss of innocence/oversexualisation at an early age "I haven't done a cartwheel since I was 9" (brings that Lolita stuff to mind/older men taking advantage of younger girls n women) & an affair too "still lookin like a side piece at 33" "Slips out the back door to talk to me"

the whole Jimmy bit def sounds like an unhealthy relationship of some sorts.. be it with a man, a substance, herself or all three tbh. It's dark to me

"Jimmy only love me when he wanna get high" 

i know we spent sometime spectulating why she went with A&W and not just AW/American Whore or AW&J but this could be part of it... if not on purpose, still an interesting coincidence

2 minutes ago, Marius said:

The song just got added to the playlists as of today. It’s going to rise tomorrow. 

to fall again a week after :rip:

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Unless she releases a shorter song from the second half of the record as the next single, the streams for this record are going to be pretty low, which isn't a bad thing for me because I personally don't care. The song is over 7 minutes and way less accessible than VB, so they can't be compared.

yeah i don’t really care about streams either,  if she/her team wanted better streams they’d get off their asses and work some, i just find it weird to see a longer but also much catchier song than OB loose 700k streams only 2 days after release :crossed:

it’ll probably win some back tomorrow due to playlists but i doubt it’ll stabilize that much/make up for the lost streams + we know now you can have all the playlisting you want and the song can still flop after a week = tunnel 

By no means am I saying that this album is going to "flop"  or "tank," I don't think that at all, but everything we know about this record feel antithetical to the world of streaming as we know it. The songs are lengthy, very personal, wordy, and experimental, so any success really should be celebrated than focusing on the negatives because ultimately numbers don't indicate quality at all