Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, burthday kake said:

to be honest I can hardly blame Lana for never wanting to straight up adopt the 'feminist' label  (despite clearly caring deeply for women & being aware of n regularly pondering on the patriarchy) after one of her first experiences with a self-proclaimed feminist was them throwing a book at her unprovoked lolol... that's one way to shoot yourself along w your cause right in the foot.

radical types like that will always drive others away & make it hard for people to want to associate with the "movement"/group or whatever you wanna call it

I totally agree w you. I remember watching her being interviewed on the red carpet (golden globes 2015 maybe?) and she said that she didn’t identify as a feminist. At the time, I was under the impression that she meant it in a negative way (very surface level assumption of me, I know) looking back, I really missed her point:deadbanana: whether she identifies with the term “feminist” or not doesn’t really matter to me. I know that she supports all women and that’s what’s important

edit: I thought this was the random Lana discussion thread. Sorry for being off topic:air:

Edited by TropicoKitten

17 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

this 2012 ass take, also barely anyone really understood what she was actually trying to say with QFTC and this proves that

Yeah, I was like, why do they still bring this up? Is this topic always going to be stuck in peoples’ heads? Positive or negative. Do we know a male singer, who’ve been categorized like that? 

This tired me up, I guess :brows3:

2 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Don't know is this was said already but apparently someone got the target cd of DYKTTATUOB

pretty sure they faked it with their mom's cellophane and a crappy printer

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Don't know is this was said already but apparently someone got the target cd of DYKTTATUOB

No worries, it's fake :) 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Even with the change in date of the album release, I feel like this is the smoothest era so far in recent history. I think we quickly forget how uniquely awful the waiting period for NFR! was (I wasn't on LB at the time, but I remember waiting in annoyance through most of late 2018 to mid 2019), the disaster that was the COTCC announcement (+ the White Hot Forever announcement) and the radio silence making us think the whole album had been scrapped post-QFTC, and the total ambiguity of the Rock Candy Sweet -> Blue Banisters release dates. 

We really lucked out with Did You Know. 

âŠč (:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅[ÌČ̅:♡:]ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅) âŠč 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕ The effects were temporary ⚕

âŠč (:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅[ÌČ̅:♡:]ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅:ÌČ̅) âŠč 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

No worries, it's fake :) 

Yeah that was first thought as well...I hope it's fake cuz I'm mad when leaks happen

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

38 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

to be honest I can hardly blame Lana for never wanting to straight up adopt the 'feminist' label  (despite clearly caring deeply for women & being aware of n regularly pondering on the patriarchy) after one of her first experiences with a self-proclaimed feminist was them throwing a book at her unprovoked lolol... that's one way to shoot yourself along w your cause right in the foot.

radical types like that will always drive others away & make it hard for people to want to associate with the "movement"/group or whatever you wanna call it

3 weeks ago some guys in class claimed they were not feminists because it's an unhinged movement of women showing their boobs at protests. I don't think it's really hard to differentiate things, it's not because some people do certain things that you have to associate a whole movement with those actions.

I know it's kinda off-topic and maybe moderators will move our comments elsewhere, but the topic has been resurfacing these past few days on twitter (and that's directly related to some of A&W's lyrics), but I read and agreed with a comment under a Youtube video criticizing Lana for qftc. Putting aside the name dropping that caught way too much attention, it sums up pretty well the main issue or questioning I had with her post. The comment said:

"also as someone whos been studying feminist movements for years i hate how shes acting like no feminist has ever advocated for more traditionally feminine women to be treated with respect and dignity when feminists HAVE advocated for these women. she doesnt understand that feminism isnt about rejecting traditional femininity, but about rejecting the idea that femininity is inferior to masculinity and giving agency for women (and everyone) to choose how they want to perform their gender identity without being ostracized. she doesnt understand feminism at all which is even more infuriating"

2 minutes ago, Blossom said:

sounds like something u would do:tommy:

stop throwing shade, instead, bring me by the spirit of the sunlight to pour into me
there's a name for that in Japanese

it's kintsugi xoxo

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Yeah that was first thought as well...I hope it's fake cuz I'm mad when leaks happen

i'm not, i bought it already twice and will be getting the cd from target, target vinyl, and the indies vinyl. she got my coin, she won't lose anything on my leak listens :nails:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i'm not, i bought it already twice and will be getting the cd from target, target vinyl, and the indies vinyl. she got my coin, she won't lose anything on my leak listens :nails:

Yeah the only reason I get mad is because of people not supporting her. I've literally order all the variants (like always) so when COTCC got leaked I listened to it cuz I had in preorder already 12 variants đŸ„Č and now I have 16 in total đŸ’€đŸ’€đŸ’€đŸ€Ą

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

Even with the change in date of the album release, I feel like this is the smoothest era so far in recent history. I think we quickly forget how uniquely awful the waiting period for NFR! was (I wasn't on LB at the time, but I remember waiting in annoyance through most of late 2018 to mid 2019), the disaster that was the COTCC announcement (+ the White Hot Forever announcement) and the radio silence making us think the whole album had been scrapped post-QFTC, and the total ambiguity of the Rock Candy Sweet -> Blue Banisters release dates. 

We really lucked out with Did You Know. 

ur right. let's be grateful and bow down to the queen

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Exactly!

When we look back on NFR, there’s no way to determine what was the « lead » of this album
 and even the next albums after that for that matter. And not that it should matter probably. 

Yeah, she’s an album artist, never been a single’s artist so it’s irrelevant for her. But for the sake of the continuity, I think we should just consider the lead the first song released. So for the last few albums: Love, MAC, LMLYLAW, Blue Banisters? (She released 3 at a time IIRC? So let’s just use title track), and now DYK.

6 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Pls tell me you’re not talking about this because so many people in the comments believed it:eartha:

Honestly it was someone else but my page refreshed before I could save it đŸ„ČđŸ„ČđŸ„ČđŸ€Ą

54 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

It’s the gullibility for me 
:headache:

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????