Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

What about the photoshoot with Joan Baez for the NYT magazine? Shouldn't that be out any day, any Sunday? 

that’s set for april 23rd, i believe

8 minutes ago, World At War said:

despite the lack of music video she's released two singles, went to an award show, put up that petty billboard in tulsa, got featured in at least three magazines AND has a tour incoming. she's promoting it HARD

She just made the cover of The Rolling Stone magazine too. On a train so I cant link but there are pics on another thread. Def more promotion than Blue Banisters and Chemtrails! I think Interscope really want and another no. 1 and weren't happy with BB's 6th or whatever position.

1 hour ago, ShootingNeon said:

I’ve never seen such a fanbase that has members who hold an album hostage like this from each other, let the album free :read:

the people who care will buy it and if it’s as good as they say it is then it will break sale records regardless so y’all know what to do :clapback:

1 hour ago, x VB said:

The people who care already bought 5 variants or so :lmaoney:

I bought a movie ticket, so I’m allowed to pirate/bring a camcorder to the theater/record and share the movie online teas. That’s how delulu and DERANGED that is.

I’ve never seen a fan base more obsessed with leaks. I’m somewhat indifference in regards to her unreleased material leaking (even that is questionable because people pay thousands of dollars for songs to leak in these trade groups and for what? You’re not supporting the artist or producers at all. You’re just funding these leakers). Anyway, as for her official material? I’m praying everyday the album WON’T leak. Not just for her streaming stats which will be destroyed if it leaks this early but her as an artist. Her artistic vision and integrity which people and her own fans do not respect these days despite her dissatisfaction of leaks through multiple tweets in the past and even recently posting videos telling people NOT to listen to them.

i'm really really pleased with how this era is turning out. she seems to be in a very good place and is being more active with fans again, doing more press, etc.

i hope this means she'll tour again, i sense one coming with all the festivals :wub:

i just want her to be happy <3

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

Just because people don't talk about Candy Necklace doesn't mean they don't have it. Maybe it's not memorable enough. :)

If that was the case they would have said it already

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Evergreen said:

Just because people don't talk about Candy Necklace doesn't mean they don't have it. Maybe it's not memorable enough. :)

Or maybe it’s just so massive they can’t put it into words :hooker:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

where is candy necklace in the ranking of the three insiders?

Rosemead and BoZ both have Candy Necklace directly in the middle, on the lower end of the middle section to be specific

and Rosemead said despite Candy Necklace and Kintsugi being on the lower end for him they're still amazing.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Rosemead and BoZ both have Candy Necklace directly in the middle, on the lower end of the middle section to be specific

rosemead also said that even tho it was a bit low, he loved it :)

Just now, WhitehotOcean said:

rosemead also said that even tho it was a bit low, he loved it 

yep, the fact he has Paris Texas as bottom 2, while Floridakilos has Paris Texas as a top 5, there's something for everyoneeee

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

and Rosemead said despite Candy Necklace and Kintsugi being on the lower end for him they're still amazing.

can someone post those rankings pls?

24 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

I bought a movie ticket, so I’m allowed to pirate/bring a camcorder to the theater/record and share the movie online teas. That’s how delulu and DERANGED that is.

I’ve never seen a fan base more obsessed with leaks. I’m somewhat indifference in regards to her unreleased material leaking (even that is questionable because people pay thousands of dollars for songs to leak in these trade groups and for what? You’re not supporting the artist or producers at all. You’re just funding these leakers). Anyway, as for her official material? I’m praying everyday the album WON’T leak. Not just for her streaming stats which will be destroyed if it leaks this early but her as an artist. Her artistic vision and integrity which people and her own fans do not respect these days despite her dissatisfaction of leaks through multiple tweets in the past and even recently posting videos telling people NOT to listen to them.

to be fair, those comments about leaks were made in october, when the perspective of getting the album was a very distant one. at that time, she didn't know exactly what she was going to do with this album or when she would release it. if it leaked now, which it already partially has, it would be only 2 weeks before release, so the same as for nfr, almost the same as for chemtrails. it would also be 2 days before the original release date which was set in stone (has she ever postponed an album for which we already had the preorder?), which her team postponed nonetheless without giving a reason, making ocean blvd the fifth album in a row to be postponed, a postponement she didn't care enough to repost after her original post was deleted. and as @DCooper said the other day, the leaks mostly get to stans, who are going to buy (sometimes multiple times) and stream the album anyway. so i really don't see any disrespect in wishing it leaked fully after being teased to death and butchered through snippets and tags :awkney2:

5 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I totally would, but it's been a while since I've last seen them posted here and I'm lazy :trisha:

34 minutes ago, barttttender said:

ROSEMEAD

1. A&W

2. Let The Light In

3. The Grants

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

6. Fishtail

7. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

8. Kintsugi

9. Candy Necklace

10. Sweet

11. Margaret

12. Peppers

13. Paris, Texas

14. Fingertips

(15. & 16. Judah Smith and Jon Batiste Interludes)

Not a fan of the interludes, Fingertips, Paris, Texas, Peppers, and Margaret, but praised the rest of the tracks and literally said that Kintsugi and Candy Necklace being in the middle of his ranking order doesn't mean anything at all, because he adores both songs and we have nothing to worry about in terms of their quality. He also really likes Sweet which he called "cute next to gorgeous". 

FLORIDAKILOS

1. Fishtail

2. Taco Truck x VB

3. A&W

4. Fingertips

5. Paris, Texas

Not a fan of the interludes and Margaret (because of Jack's voice, lmao).

BRIGHTSUN

1. Kintsugi

2. Let The Light In

3. Margaret

4. Taco Truck x VB

They consider this to be Lana's best album. Not a fan of Paris, Texas!

KINTSUGI (no official ranking)

1. Kintsugi (duh)

+ highlighted A&W, called Candy Necklace massive, thought Margaret is actually great, called Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing excellent, praised Let The Light In and Taco Truck x VB's outro ("one for the books"), and generally raved about the tracks 8-16 sequence. The only tracks that he didn't like are the two interludes. 

BOZ (no official ranking; an ATRL member tried to guess/predict BOZ's ranking order, and BOZ said that it's pretty close)

1. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

2. A&W 

Also praised The Grants, Let The Light In, Paris, Texas, and Fingertips. He really likes the Jon Batiste Interlude and has kinda warmed up to the Judah Smith Interlude (which he called eerie and psychotic). He also said that Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd is possibly a top 5 track on his ranking order. Not a fan of Margaret (he called the song "cute", but he doesn't like Jack's voice at all in general) and Kintsugi (he praised the lyrics, but found the track way too slow for his liking). 

The rankings are all over the map, and this is the sign of a great album! I love the fact that Margaret is at the bottom of BOZ's ranking (and Rosemead doesn't like it either), while Kintsugi said that it's great and it's also made Brightsun's top 3. Ditto Paris, Texas (very high on BOZ and Floridakilos' ranking, very low on Rosemead and Brightsun's ranking) and even Kintsugi (#1 (!!!!) song for both Kintsugi and Brightsun, near the bottom of the ranking order for BOZ) and Fingertips (Rosemead's least liked song, while praised by BOZ and floridakilos). It really looks like there's something for everyone. The only tracks that haven't appeared on top 5s etc. seem to be Peppers, Sweet and the two interludes. I haven't listened to any of the leaks/snippets, but I adore all of your wildly diverse reactions to the tracks so far. I am so excited about the new album! :lange:

And based on floridakilos' tea regarding the fact that most insiders/leakers don't have Candy Necklace, this is definitely Black Bathing Suit redux (last-minute addition to the tracklist + similar spot on the tracklist (track 6 v. track 5! right after an interlude!) + similar length (5:14 v. 5:18)! lol).