Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

but how is she going to make it exciting bby it’s literally about

Reveal hidden contents

Suicide, trauma and possibly rape

but like, whatever, I was just giving my two cents

Spoiler

But like… put me in a movie is about grooming/ rape and it’s still “exciting” i feel like that’s a weird way to defend a song. I don’t mind fingertips i think the lyrics are interesting but a song doesn’t need to be a bop to be interesting. 
I mean is Lana not the queen of “glamorizing abuse” to the media lmao? She’s always made more sonically and melodically “interesting” songs that were about darker topics, and I think @fl0r1dakil0s is just saying we don’t need to police what songs we can say are bad or not

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

But like… put me in a movie is about grooming/ rape and it’s still “exciting” i feel like that’s a weird way to defend a song. I don’t mind fingertips i think the lyrics are interesting but a song doesn’t need to be a bop to be interesting. 
I mean is Lana not the queen of “glamorizing abuse” to the media lmao? She’s always made more sonically and melodically “interesting” songs that were about darker topics, and I think @fl0r1dakil0s is just saying we don’t need to police what songs we can say are bad or not

Spoiler

to add on to this smarty, ultraviolence, pretty when you cry, and A&W are all dark songs that are still sonically exciting. first half of A&W has wordy-songwriting like fingertips, except with an interesting melody and instrumentals. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:
  Hide contents

to add on to this smarty, ultraviolence, pretty when you cry, and A&W are all dark songs that are still sonically exciting. first half of A&W has wordy-songwriting like fingertips, except with an interesting melody and instrumentals. 

Spoiler

Ya I seriously don’t understand why it’s become a lanaboards crime to think the automatic singing/melody and bland orchestra does not work😭 she experimented it was cute but I don’t necessarily want her to do it again 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ya I seriously don’t understand why it’s become a lanaboards crime to think the automatic singing/ melody and bland orchestra does not work😭 she experimented it was cute but I don’t necessarily want her to do it again 

Spoiler

yeah when i first listened to fingertips it was at the top of my ranking just because of how floored i was by the lyrics, but after hearing the grants, sweet, and snippets it definitely won’t be on top anymore.

i can still appreciate the song for its heartbreaking vulnerability and i definitely don’t dislike it. however, it‘s completely normal for listeners to have a preference for songs that are not only lyrically interesting but also sonically. for me personally, grand instrumentals aren’t that important but a solid melody is essential, and fingertips lacks that.

for example “honeymoon” is pretty minimalist (at least before the bridge) but the melody is so haunting which makes it one of my favorite lana songs of all time. the same can be said for a lot of her lizzy grant, bare acoustic guitar songs such as yayo or pawn shop blues. simple instrumentals, captivating melody. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

25 minutes ago, angry bitch no1 ob defender said:

okay so what kind of sonic decision would u make in production to accompany the heavy lyricis and the topics with melodies of automatic singing? /genq

idk tbh, and i'm not saying the song being sonically boring is a bad thing, i LOVE fingertips and i think it's lyrically one of the most introspective things lana's every written..

i was just saying it's fine to acknowledge the truth that it's musically uninteresting  😭  never said that was a problem just that i get why people wouldn't like the song bc of it/think it's bad and that it's fine for them to think that way 

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:
  Hide contents

yeah when i first listened to fingertips it was at the top of my ranking just because of how floored i was by the lyrics, but after hearing the grants, sweet, and snippets it definitely won’t be on top anymore.

i can still appreciate the song for its heartbreaking vulnerability and i definitely don’t dislike it. however, it‘s completely normal for listeners to have a preference for songs that are not only lyrically interesting but also sonically. for me personally, grand instrumentals aren’t that important but a solid melody is essential, and fingertips lacks that.

for example “honeymoon” is pretty minimalist (at least before the bridge) but the melody is so haunting which makes it one of my favorite lana songs of all time. the same can be said for a lot of her lizzy grant, bare acoustic guitar songs such as yayo or pawn shop blues. simple instrumentals, captivating melody. 

100% agree

Spoiler

to me the melody of fingertips is so beautiful. the subtle orchestration so compelling. the way it comes together to create this small, gorgeous moments within the architecture of the song... for me the journey is as sonic as it is lyrical!