Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I get that everyone has different tastes and all that but why are some people acting shocked about the fact that she sings about her family in a retrospective record about her life :hide:

This should've been the end of that conversation imo

I can't believe the album is coming out in ONE MONTH!!! We're almost there!!!!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

25 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

LDR10 should be called I’m simply not the artist for some of you anymore - if you don’t respect the woman I’ve become then go listen to someone else

this !!!!!!

I'm actually excited for this era I had to come back here. Haven't felt this excited since NFR era and tho I don't actually feel the same because NFR era is untouchable to me, I feel this is going be her best album since that. I was disappointed with BB and worried about how the next one was going to turn out. But seeing how happy she looks and how promising the album looks I'm smelling another NFR when it comes to critical acclaim at least. 

It’s totally understandable having the fear of familial lyrics that name drop like BB, because for a lot they aren’t relatable. BTD is or may not be relatable either, but I think that becomes fantasy land for some.

There’s nothing bad sonically or lyrically about the family songs, they’re just nicely sweet and sentimental.. but the raw emotion isn’t the same and it doesn’t make you *feel* as much. A&W is raw and incredible and I think it hits home to a lot of women and the experience they have had, same as Ocean Blvd. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

40 minutes ago, taco truck said:

...,and my issue with the piano topic is just that I didn’t like Blue Banisters and I didn’t necessarily like any of the piano content on the newer songs. So to me hearing it’s about piano makes me think that it’s going to be like Blue Banisters again. But we know it’s not and I’m literally extremely excited for the record lol😭😭

I fixed your quote, nobody here should have a problem with it now :wink:

Still having meltdowns about Lana writing about her family? Get a life. We knew this album was mostly about memories with her friends and family for months now. She's also been writing about her family since the start of her career

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

something that makes me really happy is that i can tell lana loves this album. dancing to her own song, tiktok active, and wearing her merch multiple times. idk. something about this era feels different and fresh and it's super nice to see her enjoying it! :xcry:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

13 minutes ago, Not as cool as me said:

It’s totally understandable having the fear of familial lyrics that name drop like BB, because for a lot they aren’t relatable. BTD is or may not be relatable either, but I think that becomes fantasy land for some.

There’s nothing bad sonically or lyrically about the family songs, they’re just nicely sweet and sentimental.. but the raw emotion isn’t the same and it doesn’t make you *feel* as much. A&W is raw and incredible and I think it hits home to a lot of women and the experience they have had, same as Ocean Blvd. 

Jesus thank you this is all I was trying to say😭

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Jesus thank you this is all I was trying to say😭

I get ya! And doesn’t mean you hate music with the familial lyrics.. I Stan Lana whatever she wants to sing about.. but would be lying if I didn’t say I preferred songs that I relate to and get lost in.. that goes for any artist and any song!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I'm not against her singing about her family, I think a lot of interesting n introspective stuff can come out of that, but I'm not a fan of her directly naming people from her personal life in her songs. It usually sounds clunky. I guess we'll have to wait and see how those lyrics will sound in the context of the songs.

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Well, I think saying Lana's family life is boring is rude too. And also when you insinuate that she owes us something because we "pay her bills".

And pays bc they want to. Lana isn’t forcing nobody to buy her songs lol

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

has everyone tried the candy necklace 

No but I will March 10th 24th:sass:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

so since that fingertips snippet leaked does that mean they have the whole song? or just that snippet. because im sure shes way more safe about it leaking now than ever since things have constantly been stolen and leaked from her albums. i didnt think they were using cloud storage anymore, maybe now they use USB drives n stuff

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

16 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

so since that fingertips snippet leaked does that mean they have the whole song? or just that snippet. because im sure shes way more safe about it leaking now than ever since things have constantly been stolen and leaked from her albums. i didnt think they were using cloud storage anymore, maybe now they use USB drives n stuff

I mean several people have the whole album, but I think more than that got ocean Blvd and fingertips back in September or whatever when both of those snippets leaked, but they are demos so

happy 1700 pages to this thread :icant:

we're a month away!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole