Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

okay random thought but you know how we were told that the Tommy Genesis feat isn’t really a feat either? that makes me wonder if her contribution is gonna be similar to the talking part at the end of Tulsa Jesus Freak… they could easily make a similar thing work with another artist speaking instead and it would sound really fucking cool

14 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay random thought but you know how we were told that the Tommy Genesis feat isn’t really a feat either? that makes me wonder if her contribution is gonna be similar to the talking part at the end of Tulsa Jesus Freak… they could easily make a similar thing work with another artist speaking instead and it would sound really fucking cool

Like Lana also did for Abel on multiple occasions (besides the singing) - it’s really cool when well executed. I have to confess that knowing Lana collaborated with a rapper in a way that isn’t obvious made me feel more excited for the song.

I feel like Lana has a vision for this album. A specific one. The choices of collaborations, the way she’s using them, the darker undertones of the album artwork, the wordy/narrative-driven lyricism, the placement of the songs we already know and their themes… Like a slightly darker and less effervescent Lust for Life with the sobriety of Violet and Blue Banisters. There’s passion lying underneath this album and its actually making me more excited in return.

She’s really going to enter in the Fiona Apple/Kate Bush/Tori Amos realm now, isn’t she? :brandy:

IMG-1607.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Like Lana also did for Abel on multiple occasions (besides the singing) - it’s really cool when well executed. I have to confess that knowing Lana collaborated with a rapper in a way that isn’t obvious made me feel more excited for the song.

I feel like Lana has a vision for this album. A specific one. The choices of collaborations, the way she’s using them, the darker undertones of the album artwork, the wordy/narrative-driven lyricism, the placement of the songs we already know and their themes… Like a slightly darker and less effervescent Lust for Life with the sobriety of Violet and Blue Banisters. There’s passion lying underneath this album and its actually making me more excited in return.

She’s really going to enter in the Fiona Apple/Kate Bush/Tori Amos realm now, isn’t she? :brandy:

what makes me kinda curious its not just that tommy genesis is featuring but the producer benji its on 2 tracks, which is known for trap songs,  guess trip hop is back!

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

20 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

What surprises me the most is that she usually lets the other artist shine on pretty much all of her collabs. Not a bad thing per se, but if the only reason one listens to the song is for Lana, then it’s pretty much deceiving :pft:

But I’m glad she is taking center stage on at least a couple of them on her album 

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

what makes me kinda curious its not just that tommy genesis is featuring but also the producer benji which is known for trap songs,  guess trip hop is back!

+ Stroganoff and Tommy Genesis saying the track was sick on insta. I’m so intrigued. 

IMG-1607.jpg

3 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

it doesnt even have a title longer than the title track, its a fake tracklist

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

GPSOTSOMFWHDSF

god plays songs of the soul only my friends who hid silently shall fear 

gurl I don’t know what I just did but I went awfff with this one . 

wait I fucked up the acronym . Kill me

Awesome title.

IMG-1607.jpg