Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, World At War said:

the rosemead/ramada vocal line totally harkens back to that era of rock music

And it's such an ear worm, I hope we have more moments like that on the album. 

-------

Grandfather

Spoiler

The only leak I've listened to is Grandfather and I adore it. I think right now it is stuck in my head as much as A&W. The twinkling pre-chorus leading into the Mariners-esque chorus with the electric guitar. And then the musical/Disney quality of the verses. Ascended :trisha:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:
  Hide contents

The Grants a 6/10? ... Permaban, pls.

Spoiler

spilled it was easily a 9/10 :awk:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I think the my only critique of two of the songs is that 

Hide contents

The Grants and Grandfather could have benefitted from an additional verse. I know she was running out of available time/space for one CD, but damn do they end abruptly :hillary:

Spoiler

Im obsessed with talking about guitar solos right now LOL but I think the grants would’ve been taken to a whole different level if instead of the harmonizing at the end there was a gorgeous electric guitar that played off the melody of the chorus and then built up and then one last “I’m gonna take mine of you with me” sang with minimal instruments and a piano fading out. That’s how I picture it in my crazy head at least 

12 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:

You know what would be sick? A Pink Floyd comfortably numb or the eagles hotel California level guitar solo in one of her songs. I need that. Put Blake to work 

me listening to Shades of Cool :illumilana2:

18 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

nice, ok you've convinced me. what does 'who turned down the back beat' mean?

I think it's "who turned on the back beat". im not sure really. I think she's referring to the bass playing on a car stereo maybe? Like he's turning the bass up?

It definitely sounds like "God's a charlatan" but I think everyone's so used to thinking that's it they can't unhear it now. Even the "don't" in "don't look back" I think is just the "d" at the end of "turned" flowing into the following word "on... the back beat". But there really isn't any denying in the separated stems she's definitely not saying charlatan and there's an entire word censored

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

omg did the judah interlude leak ? or another snippet  :horror:

it did leak indeed

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Hide contents

The Grants and Grandfather could have benefitted from an additional verse. I know she was running out of available time/space for one CD, but damn do they end abruptly :hillary:

Spoiler

I think she was limited on Grandfather because of the length of the song she sampled but i definitely agree 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

Im obsessed with talking about guitar solos right now LOL but I think the grants would’ve been taken to a whole different level if instead of the harmonizing at the end there was a gorgeous electric guitar that played off the melody of the chorus and then built up and then one last “I’m gonna take mine of you with me” sang with minimal instruments and a piano fading out. That’s how I picture it in my crazy head at least 

Spoiler

I absolutely love that :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yep, I listened to grandfather once and it felt too short, 4:45 minutes would've been good!

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

love this idea so much and the minimal piano fading out would transition to dykttatuob so well :agree:

Spoiler

Hands on your knees Angelina Jolie

Let me put my hands on your knees, you can braid my hair

You were fat Rick Ross, in the back somewhere

:sluttybunny:

1 hour ago, f1shtail said:

sooo are we getting the grants tmw?

It’s not confirmed but highly suspected. I’m not 100% sure though, I might be wrong. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, Peppers said:
  Hide contents

Let me put my hands on your knees, you can braid my hair

You were fat Rick Ross, in the back somewhere

:sluttybunny:

Spoiler

I don’t think that last part is what she says in that song :bebe: or are you trolling :bebe: 

i have the full lyrics for fingertips, sweet and the grants — am i allowed to create threads for them or not?