Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m actually excited for the track. I just think it’s perfectly understandable if some people don’t vibe with it and if religious content is something that triggers them, then that’s perfectly valid  :candy: idk about anyone else but I never said Lana shouldn’t do this or that or that people should question her decision to include a sermon in her album - I don’t understand where these combative answers are coming from lol.

no offence dude but you're literally the only one being combative.

I wrote that art should be challenging, you said "thats all fine and dandy that you dont care but other people might" so I said "then don't listen."
and then you called me a horn tooter coming out of the woodwork???? lol

ANYWAY - I dont want to argue with strangers on the internet, lets agree to disagree, and not name call while we're at it.

Not to be dramatic but

Spoiler

Fingertips may be one of the greatest songs I've ever heard :crying2: The way it pierces through the heart is so intense, I started crying in the car this evening when it came on

Just now, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

I don't love the intro to The Grants, but it's something new and I respect it

Spoiler

It was interesting and unique at first but honestly I set my file to start playing from 51 seconds :P

9 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Can someone who is unbiased and doesn’t just hate piano based songs rate The Grants out of 10. 

Spoiler

I give it like a 7 maybe

Just now, DCooper said:

Not to be dramatic but

Hide contents

Fingertips may be one of the greatest songs I've ever heard :crying2: The way it pierces through the heart is so intense, I started crying in the car this evening when it came on

Spoiler

:icant: so true, I've never heard a long like it before and there are different moments in the track that will make me start crying out of nowhere. Today it was the twisting limes lyric :icant:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

no offence dude but you're literally the only one being combative.

I wrote that art should be challenging, you said "thats all fine and dandy that you dont care but other people might" so I said "then don't listen."
and then you called me a horn tooter coming out of the woodwork???? lol

ANYWAY - I dont want to argue with strangers on the internet, lets agree to disagree, and not name call while we're at it.

:awkney:

No hard feelings, dude.

IMG-7960.jpg

8 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

For me, Judah Smith - Candy Necklace - Jon Batiste are the most intriguing songs on the record, because like, how is that supposed to work?? But, at the same time, Lana has an artistic vision and we'll only understand it when we listen to the album in full. I don't think it's neither fundamentalist christian nor making fun of the pastor (I assume he listened to the track or at least knows he's being featured on the album), and I'm sure it will make sense eventually. 

well said

2 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

The intro of The Grants is something new in Lana's discography. It deserves more appreciation. :oprah3:

Spoiler

Absolutely! I adore that creative decision.

IMG-7960.jpg

The Grants

Spoiler

I wasn't sure about the intro at first though I did appreciate that it was unique, but it's definitely growing on me. It's fun to sing along with them before the song begins :trisha:

Does anyone have any interesting theories or interpretations for why Lana chose to include it, or do you think she just thought it was cute?

Spoiler

My pastor told me when you leave all you take is your memories, and I'm gonna take mine of you with me

This album truly contains some of Lana's most touching lyricism to date, I feel this music in my soul :icant::hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Can someone who is unbiased and doesn’t just hate piano based songs rate The Grants out of 10. 

Spoiler

I generally like them, but The Grants is just next level for me. The way she pronounces certain words in the song is just :crying5:

Solid 9/10 for me personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’ll be one of my highlights from the record :flutter:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

17 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Spoiler

I really like the intro but title track is stronger so 8.5/10

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The Grants

Hide contents

I wasn't sure about the intro at first though I did appreciate that it was unique, but it's definitely growing on me. It's fun to sing along with them before the song begins :trisha:

Does anyone have any interesting theories or interpretations for why Lana chose to include it, or do you think she just thought it was cute?

Spoiler

I think it really sets up the album. She talks about her boyfriends in the first verse, reminds me of how to disappear, and second verse is about her mental health, which she told us is improving, then the part about her family, a big theme of the record… and then the chorus tied back into the theme of “don’t forget me”, she’s taking her memories of these things and using them to grow as  person.

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her