Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

when i played The Grants for my boyfriend he said "I think of heaven & of you but to me they're the same thing":trisha::krylie::crying4:

And there’s my husband who gave the song a 0/10 and said “the melody was nothing and the words were nothing” like wtf ok then :sadcore2: knife to the heart :lmao:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

maybe the surprise boz spoke of was the destruction of this thread via squabbles :xgiggle:

This checks out with the whole “giving fans what they deserve” :true:

Just now, Thats why they call me Dita said:

And there’s my husband who gave the song a 0/10 and said “the melody was nothing and the words were nothing” like wtf ok then :sadcore2: knife to the heart :lmao:

My mum just kinda sat there emotionless for the entire song then turned to me and went “well it’s very Lana del rey” and refused to elaborate :deadbanana:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, Im a ghost now said:

You guys think this thread will reach 3000 pages? :hooker:

Maybe. Which is pretty impressive considering the NFR pre-release was 4,000 pages and was alive for like a year..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I think her melodic compositions remain just as catchy. I caught myself humming Fingertips in the last few days and that’s a song that has no hooks whatsoever… the thing is that her arrangements are getting more complex and less accessible in a way that track like Radio is. And it’s ok that people don’t jive with it but I think her strength as a melody arranger remains stronger than ever.

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Oh he's one of us! Rise The Grant haters, rise! ❤️🔥

1 minute ago, Get Drunk said:

My mum just kinda sat there emotionless for the entire song then turned to me and went “well it’s very Lana del rey” and refused to elaborate :deadbanana:

Oh :omfg2: well he was of the opposite opinion (as he does enjoy a bit of Lana.. though probs through having it played around him 24/7). But he said she’s usually got amazing melody and he found the song boring.. I will continue to play it to him until he changes his mind tho :lmao:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Lmao I took a huge ass nap right after work and plugged in The Grants to calm myself right after my work meeting and repeated that shiiit… and like hours later i was awakened by the sunset in my eyes and while the gospel chorus part at the end of the song.

I kid you not I felt like I was being enlightened by Gods presence lmao. I’m not even religious like that but shit was surreal. i’m partially high so that’s probably why :thumb2: 

well the song is good and its a grower buttt… there is not too much to say about it :bebe: the SYTH parallelism is great tho !!! is so nice to listen to them back to back

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

I think her melodic compositions remain just as catchy. I caught myself humming Fingertips in the last few days and that’s a song that has no hooks whatsoever… the thing is that her arrangements are getting more complex and less accessible in a way that track like Radio is. And it’s ok that people don’t jive with it but I think her strength as a melody arranger remains as stronger than ever.

Spoiler

Literally same!! I couldn’t even fall asleep the other night because in my head I kept singing “What kind of mother was she to say I’d end up in institutions” on a damn loop. Ugh it’s just too good and so heartbreaking 

What I love the most about the Grants is how

timeless it is. It could easily be released at any point since the 1950s and it would still kinda make sense. God this woman…… 

I AM GONNA TAKEEEE

MINE OF YOU WITH MEEE :crai: