Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Enough of the name-calling, enough of the fighting, enough of the arguments. Take it to the DMs or chill out. Disagreements can be constructive but I’ve yet to see any of that. Chill out you guys. Like … literally begging you. Please. 

Warning points for spamming will start to given out if these meaningless arguments continue. 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

27 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Maybe. Which is pretty impressive considering the NFR pre-release was 4,000 pages and was alive for like a year..

the way I joined Lanaboards right when the pre-release era for NFR started and I was on here for the whole thing but I don't remember a single thing of it now...:pout:

(except that some people were unhappy that Doin' Time got added to the album lol)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

good evening, everyone :oprah2:

having gone back and moved close to 200 posts of arguments and general off topic discussions that could have been taken to the random discussion thread in the first place, a few things need to be said about the current state of this thread, and indeed the boards in general

the point of this website is to discuss music (and other topics), with threads pertaining to their respective subject matters. myself and the other mods always want to facilitate free conversation, as opinions and thoughts on things are welcome and encouraged to be discussed as long as rules are followed. at the same time, however, there is an expectation for opinions and thoughts to be respected by other members of the community (a rule which has always been present but seemingly forgotten as of late). arguing incessantly serves no purpose other than clogging up a pre-release thread that people try to get actual information from and results in a barrage of 'did anything happen' posts, which i'm sure you can agree gets a tad grating after a while

the point is, please be respectful of other users' opinions. i love reading peoples thoughts and feelings on music, be it positive or negative, and i enjoy the rebuttals as to why someone does or doesn't like a certain opinion, but only when it is respectful. there has been a noticeable shift in the general mood of the pre-release thread as of late, which is an ongoing discussion amongst the mod team, and information is being compiled regarding this; but in response to a post i saw earlier, this website is for everyone. running people off the website to serve a gatekeep-ey purpose or keeping morale low by arguing constantly about random things are two key factors, and we want to keep this a positive community for everyone by tackling this. abusive comments have never been tolerated here, and that will continue to be the case

anyways, TL;DR please stop fighting, we just want to have fun. no one of us is out to get anyone, the mod team does not want to impose the rules more than we have to and nobody here has any biases against others. miss liz just released three of her best songs in a while, so lets all stream, discuss and anticipate the coming album :hype:

this thread will be locked for a few until all the posts from today are reviewed and cleared out by the mods (and until it has simmered down a bit lol)

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

My grandmother's last smile, I'm gonna take that too with me

This line reminds me so much of her Variety speech. I wonder if she wrote The Grants near the end of the recording sessions. :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The Grants is making me sob. The idea of passing on and taking my memories of everyone I love with me is so overwhelming in a beautiful and sad way. I’ve received bad news over the last few months: a friend has brain cancer, my dog is in heart and kidney failure, I’m losing a close friend at work because of layoffs. In addition to hearing the song from my perspective, I am thinking about it from theirs especially when she says “Do you think about heaven? Do you think about me?” I don’t want them to forget me, and then Did you know… comes on and I’m more of a mess. 
This song is really hitting me, and I think it’s her best opening track. :xcry:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 hour ago, cinnamongirI said:

honestly it could be a giveaway for mita festival tickets

I thought the same thing actually, thinking again about it, since it's only meant for Brazilian fans

OT of the website thing, people on ATRL seem to think boz's little secret is still happening. They're saying "he said this week, not today! so maybe! he's always had tea and he's been right, there is no source because he IS the source!"

like i mean yeah but even a stopped clock is right twice a day, he's had tea but maybe his kettle was cold when he spilled that last week. plus, if the countdown is for the surprise, it'd be too late because he seemed to think we'd know this week. maybe it's the pill container merch? the whistle? but i don't think anyone wants a pill container or a whistle honestly

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The Grants is dividing the Twitter fandom apart as well. That's how you know you've made an impactful song. :clapback:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

who else listening to the grants :true:

Me the past week but also today tomorrow and every day for the rest of my life

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.