Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

if I want to do the listen to one lana record for a day before release when should I start or when should I’ve started :bebe: and how?

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, The Grants said:

if I want to do the listen to one lana record for a day before release when should I start or when should I’ve started :bebe: and how?

since there’s about 9 days left, you could start today

giphy.gif

Just now, The Grants said:

Start tomorrow with AKA

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Are we srsly ranting about vocal mixing of the song? I swear some of her fans nitpick the most random things in her songs to then end up not liking them lmao

:twirls:

I actually think the vocal mixing in the grants is good but it is a very important part of how a song sounds, i wouldn’t call that “nitpicking random things”:tommy:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

jimmy only love me when he wanna get high

dance-stan.gif

The perfect GIF for this song tbh lol

edit: and also for OTTR as I’m listening to it now and watching this post 😂

1 minute ago, love deluxe said:

did you guys know that

Hide contents

a singer could still be lookin like a side piece at 33

I think that line (all the way to "im a ghost now") has beaten out my previously held favourite verse of Lana's (v2 of get free where she sings about "there's no more chasing rainbows"). there's so many ways to interpret this verse, and the mystery surrounding what exactly she's saying in the final recording, and the way its sung... ugh I really love A&W.

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

After seeing somewhat lukewarm reception of The Grants on here and by other fans, I wonder if my American Catholic/religious upbringing influences my enjoyment of the track (I say this as a pretty not-Catholic anymore/folk Catholic). I really enjoy it, it reminds me of my childhood, my parents, my family, etc. I've mentioned it before but it reminds me of songs like You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban and other somewhat cheesy but the nostalgic adult contemporary-ish and religious tinged music that my family would listen to and enjoy. Just uplifting, sentimental songs you'd probably hear on the radio during an evening drive in the mid 2000s as a child. I don't have any strong particular trauma with the church either, so I might have some bias there. I usually don't connect too much with her songs about family et al but for some reason I really do with this one. There's something I find really special about this song, and I wonder if the backgrounds that people come from might influence their opinion on it.

You bring up some interesting points. I went to Catholic school for 14 years, came out as gay in a Catholic high school. Despite all this, I had a pretty supportive family (it took time, but we got there) and I was never raised in a super religious environment. I was lucky enough to not have too many bad memories around my Catholic school environment. 

That being said, I still love going back and listening to some of the old songs I heard as a kid in church on YouTube and stuff like that. I’m agnostic/spiritual in my adulthood, but I always loved the sound of those church hymns. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, taco truck said:

I actually think the vocal mixing in the grants is good but it is a very important part of how a song sounds:tommy:

Well that's the point, it's good in The Grants dunno what's the sudden hate if one take songs and raw vocals but it could be just me

1 minute ago, The Grants said:

is paradise having its own day? :party:

Yup! The 23rd should be Blue Banisters day

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, The Grants said:

i wanted to do this too and i probably should've started today lmao

March 14th: Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

March 15th: Born To Die

March 16th: Paradise

March 17th: Ultraviolence

March 18th: Honeymoon

March 19th: Lust For Life

March 20th: Norman Fucking Rockwell!

March 21st: Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass

March 22nd: Chemtrails Over The Country Club

March 23rd: Blue Banisters 

March 24th: Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

have there been any reviews so far? 

The user score on albumoftheyear. org is already stable at 89 which is a very good sign, dunno about the critics but aoty. org is usally a good incidator on how the album and songs will perform

I have a feeling this album will sound even better on vinyl, since the sound is usually warmer and a bit darker (depending on your cartridge and speakers); so I’m really looking forward to that. I hope the Amazon pressing is good quality; I’m thinking the black pressing may sound the best though. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹