Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

10 hours ago, baddisease said:

I'm trying so hard not to listen to DYK (single) before the album and i hope it pays off.

I completely understand and respect everyone has their own approach to this, but I never understood the appeal of not listening to singles. To me, singles are a way of really giving attention and thought to one single track, which perhaps would not stick out that much during a listen to the full album.

For example, I really enjoyed to have some "quality time" with the TG/FIILY double single or the TB/BB/WFWF  trio, fully exploring their sound before hearing them in the context of the album.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 hours ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

probably already been established but looking really closely at the pixelated tracklist track 11 and/or 12 have really long names if were going off 4 tracks per side

What pixelated tracklist?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I completely understand andvrespect everyone has their own approach to this, but I never understood the appeal of not listening to singles. To me, singles are a way pf really giving attention and thought to one single track, which perhaps would not stick out that much during a listen to the full album.

For example, I really enjoyed to have some "quality time" with the TG/FIILY double single or the TB/BB/WFWF  trio, fully exploringbtheirbsoubd before hearing them in the context of the album.

i completely agree with this. giving up on months of memories and discussions for a song just to save it for that one time full album listening experience is not worth it imo. she clearly intends for something to be heard before the album if she releases it herself in advance. i manage to grow deeper connections with a song and can appreciate it more when it's the only thing grabbing my attention. it doesn't get lost when you have like a dozen other songs competing for your time. especially when some of those songs will likely to be better than the single. attention spans are short af nowadays and there's a plethora of music to be discovered so it is likely that someone will end up not having that quality time with the single(s) if they don't end up listening to it in advance. but anyways that's just me - i greatly enjoy listening to stuff before the album. it hypes me up, gives me an indication of what the album will be about and sound like, and it might also be my only chance to grow to love those songs if i end up thinking there's so many better tracks on the album down the line. i want to spend as much time with the singles as i can as lana intends you to do so before the record. her music deserves that kind of effort and attention. 

4 minutes ago, TextBook said:

It’s extra dry in here :bebe:

girl this thread has been dry since it was created :headache: lana dropped her single and disappeared so there’s been nothing to talk about besides the song. no tracklist and no mv

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Praying this album will have only 1-2 ballads maybe towards the end. :party:

Blue Banisters had way too many (Arcadia, Beautiful, VfR, Living Legend, NotG, Cherry Blossom, Sweet Carolina)

3 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Blue Banisters had way too many (Arcadia, Beautiful, VfR, Living Legend, NotG, Cherry Blossom, Sweet Carolina)

Fingertips seems to be a ballad. Probably all the songs produced by Drew are ballads. :magikarp:

10 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Well BOZ said there is something for everyone so it can’t all be ballads 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

15 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

We already have DYK as track 2 though ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

37 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

There's probably a lot of ballads on the album but it depends on your definition of ballad :um2:

If you mean piano focused I guess only the Drew and Jon tracks will be like that

giphy.gif

BoZ said two somewhat contradicting statements (not in a bad way, but in a way that makes me very curious about the album) to me about the album that i'm looking forward to being resolved;

1. There's something on the album for everyone

2. To really appreciate this album, you have to let go of Lana's old style and realize that she's changed as an artist and is going in different directions

I think these statements contradict each other because if there's something on it for everyone, I would assume there would at least be a track or two that echoes her older style; but he also insinuates that this album is a deeper exploration of her post LFL soundscape and lyricism. He also said this album is nothing like LFL, so that also adds to the fact I don't think there will be any "bangers." I don't think there will be too many BB piano ballads, but I still think this will be another polarizing record in the fanbase 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

BoZ said two somewhat contradicting statements (not in a bad way, but in a way that makes me very curious about the album) to me about the album that i'm looking forward to being resolved;

1. There's something on the album for everyone

2. To really appreciate this album, you have to let go of Lana's old style and realize that she's changed as an artist and is going in different directions

I think these statements contradict each other because if there's something on it for everyone, I would assume there would at least be a track or two that echoes her older style; but he also insinuates that this album is a deeper exploration of her post LFL soundscape and lyricism. He also said this album is nothing like LFL, so that also adds to the fact I don't think there will be any "bangers." I don't think there will be too many BB piano ballads, but I still think this will be another polarizing record in the fanbase 

I think it will be varied while still having a cohesive sound similar to her latest stuff. Like we're probably getting some piano ballads, some slow but orchestral songs (like the title track) and some "upbeat" or midtempo stuff, not necessarily bops like FIILY or Doin Time, but still more energetic than the rest.

Since A&W is supposed to be experimental and a new side on production I guess it will be one of those different and more lively tracks :um2:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think it will be varied while still having a cohesive sound similar to her latest stuff. Like we're probably getting some piano ballads, some slow but orchestral songs (like the title track) and some "upbeat" or midtempo stuff, not necessarily bops like FIILY or Doin Time, but still more energetic than the rest.

Since A&W is supposed to be experimental and a new side on production I guess it will be one of those different and more lively tracks :um2:

I need so f*cking much an FIILY again

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Now I hope WCE is not on the album, because we have just nine songs without collab :defeated:

It isn’t on the album. We have the writing credits and Nasri (who co-wrote and co-produced WCE) isn’t credited in any of the songs :)

whatarecoloris.jpg

13 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

So I was reading the comments on YouTube under the video of Lana's new single and I found this beautiful interpretation of the song. I also relate to this heavy at the moment, and it's crazy how every time Lana drops a new song/album I feel like we are going through the EXACT same thing. Like we are on the same path. That's why I love her so much and connect to her music, because I relate to her on a crazy level - I get her. Only thing I would change about this paragraph is "mommy" issues, not daddy issues (or maybe both in a way?) Also I didn't write this comment, so I'm not saying this IS the meaning behind the lyrics, but it does make a lot of sense and my mind could never come up with something like this.

crack.png

I loved reading this. This song took me 2-3 days to love when it first came out and now I can’t get enough of it. Soooooooo emotional, perfect vocal delivery and great built up production, and so many interpretations and metaphors within the lyrics. 

idk if anyone else has said this yet, it’s been hard for me to keep up with everything as I’ve been super busy with work and other things. But I also feel like this is one of those songs that she considers her “revenge” songs. Not so much in an angry way but where she references what happened to her in 2020 by the public. I think the lyrics mirror the ending of Arcadia (built me up to break me down) in a more subtle way. Of course the Don’t Forget Me is somewhat on the nose. But saying “open me up, tell me you like it/me” could reference her persona kinda disappearing in the NFR! era and her just being more herself and showing her true personality, compared to things like the Hollywood starlet persona of BTD or faux happiness of LFL, and simultaneously finally getting the acclaim she always deserved. Then with “fuck me to death” in this interpretation meaning fuck me over to death… she opened up, they loved her, and now they’re dragging her harder than ever before… to death, per say. But of course she continues to fight and make music and work hard and wants to be loved and get the acclaim she deserves again, thereby “love me until I love myself”, maybe admitting that she puts more faith into other peoples opinions of bee her than she should. 

idk, maybe that’s stupid and I’m rambling, but that’s the thing with beautifully written poetic lyrics, the interpretations are grand!

23 hours ago, the ocean said:

it feels very much like the LFL of this phase

of her career

new sonic territory and hints towards future sounds, potentially very divisive & has the hits :true:

23 hours ago, NikoGo said:

No that's BB to me. Drew started working on the more orchestral sound in VFR and Arcadia, but THIS album feels like the natural next step and new sound

LFL stans stay winning!

whatarecoloris.jpg