Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

27 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

edit: I thought it was January. 

Idk why this made me laugh so hard but LB I luv u never change

it might as well be January, it might as well ALL be January until….it’s March 😈

3 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

Lana needs to announce something because whenever a pre-release is parched some of y'all feel the need to share bad takes :horror:

love how every Lana album era has an accompanying LB pre release thread w its own series of eras- vinyl color era, track list era, parched era etc

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Idk why this made me laugh so hard but LB I luv u never change

it might as well be January, it might as well ALL be January until….it’s March 😈

love how every Lana album era has an accompanying LB pre release thread w its own series of eras- vinyl color era, track list era, parched era etc

moodboard era too

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

So I was reading the comments on YouTube under the video of Lana's new single and I found this beautiful interpretation of the song. I also relate to this heavy at the moment, and it's crazy how every time Lana drops a new song/album I feel like we are going through the EXACT same thing. Like we are on the same path. That's why I love her so much and connect to her music, because I relate to her on a crazy level - I get her. Only thing I would change about this paragraph is "mommy" issues, not daddy issues (or maybe both in a way?) Also I didn't write this comment, so I'm not saying this IS the meaning behind the lyrics, but it does make a lot of sense and my mind could never come up with something like this.

crack.png

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

WOW I never noticed this :oprah: this woman is really the artist of decade. dykttatuob is slowly getting the spot of being my favorite title track of her and im not even joking 

16 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

So I was reading the comments on YouTube under the video of Lana's new single and I found this beautiful interpretation of the song. I also relate to this heavy at the moment, and it's crazy how every time Lana drops a new song/album I feel like we are going through the EXACT same thing. Like we are on the same path. That's why I love her so much and connect to her music, because I relate to her on a crazy level - I get her. Only thing I would change about this paragraph is "mommy" issues, not daddy issues (or maybe both in a way?) Also I didn't write this comment, so I'm not saying this IS the meaning behind the lyrics, but it does make a lot of sense and my mind could never come up with something like this.

crack.png

Wow the song is really a classic in her discography already I can't

DON'T FORGET ME!

THERE'S A TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BOULEVARD

Brandy Crying GIF - Brandy Crying Faint - Discover & Share GIFs

I hope the vinyl is baby blue!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

5 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

WOW I never noticed this :oprah: this woman is really the artist of decade. dykttatuob is slowly getting the spot of being my favorite title track of her and im not even joking 

yessss I relate - I definitely adored the song on the first listen because I love anything this beauty puts out, but I wasn't obsessed/shook or anything like that. Not for any reason in particular, the song/lyrics are beautiful, I think I was just expecting a different/more instruments kind of sound for the first single. Something like West Coast. First listen, this song reminded me of LMLYLAW and If you lie down with me, in a sense that it was a piano love ballad. But I kept listening to it, and it grew on me. Each listen I was loving it more, and it took a few listens for me to fully appreciate/see the deepness behind it. It's a very personal song and pure art at the same time. I'm even more excited for the album now, seems like Lana is in her revenge era (putting up the only billboard in Tulsa) and I'm here for the TEA. I'm hyped she said it's a wordy, angry, conversational record. Lana is the only artist who could put out a revenge album but in the most elegant, classy, poetic way possible. 

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

What I'm most looking forward to about this record is all brand new, fresh songs! I can't remember if we know already how many songs are gonna be on it? I thought I read 15 or 16 tracks somewhere, but I could just be crazy??? Blue Banisters was lovely in it's own way, but we had already heard 8 out of 15 tracks before the release. Text Book, Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, Arcadia. And then the unreleased tracks she renamed and redid - Thunder, Nectar of the Gods (Wild on You), Living Legend, Cherry Blossom. I'm glad she included them in the record though, those are some of her best unreleased and the fit perfectly with the theme of the album.

Also, nitpick, but I kinda hope Watercolor Eyes isn't on the new record. But Lana does what Lana wants, and I'll love them album regardless. I'm anticipating it to be her best!

1 hour ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

What I'm most looking forward to about this record is all brand new, fresh songs! I can't remember if we know already how many songs are gonna be on it? I thought I read 15 or 16 tracks somewhere, but I could just be crazy??? Blue Banisters was lovely in it's own way, but we had already heard 8 out of 15 tracks before the release. Text Book, Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, Arcadia. And then the unreleased tracks she renamed and redid - Thunder, Nectar of the Gods (Wild on You), Living Legend, Cherry Blossom. I'm glad she included them in the record though, those are some of her best unreleased and the fit perfectly with the theme of the album.

Also, nitpick, but I kinda hope Watercolor Eyes isn't on the new record. But Lana does what Lana wants, and I'll love them album regardless. I'm anticipating it to be her best!

I actually liked watercolour eyes- it’s not amazing but I think it’s miles better than ocean 

1 hour ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

16 tracks on the album! 2 of them are interludes though. also Watercolor Eyes has been confirmed not to be on the album :)

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

Now I hope WCE is not on the album, because we have just nine songs without collab :defeated:

I’m positive it won’t be on DYKTTAT. I consider it a standalone soundtrack song

Spoiler

On the other hand though, Doing Time was also in a soundtrack for a documentary yet I don’t remember if it was announced as such

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

16 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

I’m positive it won’t be on DYKTTAT. I consider it a standalone soundtrack song

Hide contents

On the other hand though, Doing Time was also in a soundtrack for a documentary yet I don’t remember if it was announced as such

yeah but wce wasn’t as much of a hit as doin time was