Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

can we get a little piece of info please :toofunny: I don't care about tracklist that much but I would love to hear at least 5 s snippet of the next single :raven:  but not as a leak but from Lana herself 

I want an album trailer the most of all tbh!

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Although Lana’s more poetic and raw songs tend to be my favorites, I am looking forward to more “vibey” ones that really let the vocals and production deliver her intention. 

I think TJF and VB are great examples of this, and while of course they both have meaningful lyrical content, I do feel that Lana’s own musicality and vocal delivery make the more repetitive lyrical moments special rather than redundant. 

Though she did describe this as a wordy record, I have a feeling we’ll be getting some impromptu (automatic:oopna:) moments that will pair really well with an atmosphere-centered composition, but we’ll see!

You put my thoughts into words! Sometimes I don’t fully comprehend the lyrics and I focus more on the vibe so I may love a song with lyrics that wouldn’t really relate to my life. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

17 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I’m so glad I still haven’t listened to the single :trisha: with every new album cycle i’ve gained more self-control, from listening to the incredibly low quality honeymoon leak, to listening to the snippets for lust for life and nfr but not to low quality leaks, to refraining from listening to anything but the singles for blue banisters, to refraining from listening to the singles. i’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time now and it’s probably easier this era than it usually is, as the pre-release is short and there are no recycled songs, almost no snippets, probably just one or two singles and most importantly no delay :ma:

how are you surviving i def would have gone crazy

14 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I know that BOZ loves cohesive projects, so it's interesting that the album has been described as wild, chaotic, poetic/conversational/wordy and with a lot of sonic variety, but doesn't feel messy. It's the first time I've heard someone describe a Lana album that way - that it works better as an experience -, so I'm very very excited about it.

This is making me so excited for this album!! One of her best incoming:lange:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

25 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I’m so glad I still haven’t listened to the single :trisha: with every new album cycle i’ve gained more self-control, from listening to the incredibly low quality honeymoon leak, to listening to the snippets for lust for life and nfr but not to low quality leaks, to refraining from listening to anything but the singles for blue banisters, to refraining from listening to the singles. i’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time now and it’s probably easier this era than it usually is, as the pre-release is short and there are no recycled songs, almost no snippets, probably just one or two singles and most importantly no delay :ma:

God in heaven, stay strong. The music is AWESOME and will be amazing to hear on the full album. Sending positive energies. :party:

I think I’m in the minority here but the whole album needing to be experienced as a whole rather than standalone singles kinda scares me..

I’m the type to listen to an album once, pick my fav and then listen to it on repeat. And I am NOT afraid to skip a song if I’m not vibing with it in that moment or just don’t like it. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I think I’m in the minority here but the whole album needing to be experienced as a whole rather than standalone singles kinda scares me..

I’m the type to listen to an album once, pick my fav and then listen to it on repeat. And I am NOT afraid to skip a song if I’m not vibing with it in that moment or just don’t like it. 

I don't think that BOZ meant that we won't be able to enjoy the tracks as standalone songs - I mean, he's already singled out A&W and the track with the long title as two of her greatest songs -, but that there is a certain thematic/narrative cohesiveness and/or sonic/lyrical progression that makes everything work a lot better in context. 

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder if The Bleachers song is actually bad or just bad in comparison to the rest of the album 

He clarified that it's just his subjective take on it and that we might actually dig the track. If I remember correctly, he dislikes Bleachers and Antonoff's voice in general, lol! Don't forget that he absolutely hated Dealer and that one turned out to be the fan favourite track (and viral hit!) of Blue Banisters. 

3 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

I don't think that BOZ meant that we won't be able to enjoy the tracks as standalone songs - I mean, he's already singled out A&W and the track with the long title as two of her greatest songs -, but that there is a certain thematic/narrative cohesiveness and/or sonic/lyrical progression that makes everything work a lot better in context. 

Completely agree, I wanted to say this but I’m too lazy to type it all out🥺

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I wonder if The Bleachers song is actually bad or just bad in comparison to the rest of the album 

if it's in the same vibe as secret life it's gonna be an ok song ig not bad BAD

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

No hate but we definitely didn't need it. I'm with BOZ on this one: Jack is very talented, but his style and voice are so... :yawn:

18 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I saw someone say this the other day but Lana said she was making magic with Ian but there is no Ian credited on the album. Do we think they were working on another album?

Probably a producer or audio engineer cause we only have songwriting credits for now

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

if it's in the same vibe as secret life it's gonna be an ok song ig not bad BAD

yeah I like secret life, its a good song. not the best ever. But good.:noparty:

Just now, blvd said:

yeah I like secret life, its a good song. not the best ever. But good.:noparty:

but I expect better :party:

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

21 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

No hate but we definitely didn't need it. I'm with BOZ on this one: Jack is very talented, but his style and voice are so... :yawn:

We literally haven't heard it yet so how would we know if we need it or not :um2:

If it's on an album which is expected to be very cohesive and one of her best, I'm sure it will have its place,  even if it's not a standout.

2 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

Wait IF SHE RELEASES A NEW SINGLE IM NOT GONNA LISTEN cuz i think ur on to something :kiss3: thanks

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm